Son Of Thai Girl Demanding Money

Cashboy

The Thai girl that I am seeing lives in Thailand but comes from a village 40 kms south of UdonThani.

I went to visit her family and her 2 children.

On the second day I was there; the youngest child (6 years old) came to me and said "Give Me !" (in Engllsh ) with his hands out in gesture of wanting money and calling me KEENOCK when I gave none.

I should point out that:

I am no desperate farang (the kind that I read about, that give all).

I have principles and somebody (including a child) DEMANDING money from me is not going to get it.

The Thai girl taught the boy to say "Give Me" referring to the money saga 2 minutes before he started demanding the money (this went on for 10 minutes) in front of the Thai girl and his other brother and friends.

I was in no situation to be able to respond to the boy, not speaking Thai,

What surprised me is that the Thai girl friend would:

1) Teach him to say "Give Me"

2) Not tell him to stop once he started and carried on for 10 minutes.

3) The Thai girl told me it is Thai culture to give money to children (say 60 bt a time), I found this surprising as her parents were paying farm workers 200 bt per day for farm labouring.

The other thing that surprised me was that she tells me that her family are poor, yet the children eat only some of the food and then leave the rest that gets thrown in the dustbin.

Lets face it 40 bt here and there is little to a farang and it would have been far easier to have paid up.

However, I feel that it would be weak to give the money and have principles.

Is this normal behaviour?

Your comments would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gave the Thai girl money, but you didn't give any money to the Thai boy. He must have felt very left out.

You gave the Thai girl money, but you didn't give any money to the Thai boy. He must have felt very left out.

When I refered to Thai girl, I wastalking about my girlfriend, not a sister of the son.

When I refered to Thai girl, I wastalking about my girlfriend, not a sister of the son.

In that case his mother gave him the sweets. You didn't give him anything. His mother was probably building up this image of you as being the fantastic Farang man to her son, prior to your visit. Then you basically ignored the young lad, he even went to the effort of learning some English words

i like the OP style he is aware of his surroundings and that will always keep him out of harms way. I agree with other posters as well if some kid calls me a cheap, i'll give him a boot up his bum and send him on his way. At the end of the day it is clear the OP has a taxi to ride as long as he has the fair.

• Like 2

Run.

Go for something a bit higher than a village girl with kids.

If the OP is not desperate as he stated, then I concur with this advice. A mother who does not know to teach basic politeness to her kids is not worth wasting time with.

And you can certainly find a more stimulating intellectually company than a village girl.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

It's just a guess ... but maybe you are not the first WhiteBoy to darken their doorway ... whistling.gif

As for what to do ... do nothing ... pester power of kids is strong ... but it's only fed by people who have capitulated and ceded to the youngsters demands.

i would say for "what to do" is to move on, because boy is a mirror of the parents and if you think this was bad, i believe there is much worse to come, unless of course you happy to be a "cashboy" soon to start building houses for the parents, buy bike for the brother, gold for the sister and very possibly jumping from the balcony at some point(this is a joke about the balcony jumps)

You did right. Don't pay for no reason. Thai kids never ask their relatives just for money, so why should you be asked for? Your GF have to protect you because she like to stay with you, if she don't... start thinking. I'm living in Isaan for quite a while and till up today I don't have to touch money, my wife does it. If I like to give money for sweets I just do it but no kid comes to me and demand something. Trust your heart, not your balls.

Fatfather

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

3) The Thai girl told me it is Thai culture to give money to children (say 60 bt a time)

This observation alone should be enough to consider looking for someone else who does not have a "thai culture" of giving 60 baht to a 6 year old on demand by a 6 year old

• Like 1

3) The Thai girl told me it is Thai culture to give money to children (say 60 bt a time)

This observation alone should be enough to consider looking for someone else who does not have a "thai culture" of giving 60 baht to a 6 year old on demand by a 6 year old

Indeed. First-time thai village dwellers often misunderstand the value of things. Being asked 60 THB by a 6-year old is aking to being asked 600 THB (or 6.000!) by an adult. In short, completely disproportionate with the size and value of the cost of life in a village.

• Like 1

As people have asked for more information:

The Thai Lady left the village when 16.

She worked and studied iin Bangkok.

She has Bachelor of Administration from a government university and has a good well paid job by Thai standards working at the head office in Bangkok of the largest sugar cane company.

She is therefore no Bar Girl that I fell in love with because I am unable to attract and score with western girls................LOL

Her 2 children live with her mother and father in the village 40 kms south of Udon Thani.

The way i met the Thai Lady was that I was coming to Thailand to look at investment potential and change of life as the West and its currency is pretty much screwed for 10 years (i might write a posting about this). I went on a dating web site as thought it would be interesting to meet up with someone,