Son Of Thai Girl Demanding Money

Cashboy

Now, now. I think methaigirl has a valid point.

Falang is ATM - of course Buddhism teaches against the concept of being envious of wealth, and trying to gain wealth by the use of (dare I say) cunning means, but we are simply Falang. We could never understand the purity of the poor Isaan girl who already has 2 children, who's father was no doubt a monk before he got married himself and therefore is above reproach, but still suggests that Falang shall pay Sin-Sod in all its never-ending forms. Methaigirl and her offspring have every right to demand money, and further, if the money is not forthcoming, have every right to insult the non-compliant ATM.

We are, lest we forget, 'guests' in this beautiful and non-judgemental land. If in doubt, pop down to the local Temple (preferably not when there's an important piss-up, sorry, important ceremony taking place) to seek enlightenment, before booking a one-way flight back to sanity.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now. I think methaigirl has a valid point.Falang is ATM - of course Buddhism teaches against the concept of being envious of wealth, and trying to gain wealth by the use of (dare I say) cunning means, but we are simply Falang. We could never understand the purity of the poor Isaan girl who already has 2 children, who's father was no doubt a monk before he got married himself and therefore is above reproach, but still suggests that Falang shall pay Sin-Sod in all its never-ending forms. Methaigirl and her offspring have every right to demand money, and further, if the money is not forthcoming, have every right to insult the non-compliant ATM.We are, lest we forget, 'guests' in this beautiful and non-judgemental land. If in doubt, pop down to the local Temple (preferably not when there's an important piss-up, sorry, important ceremony taking place) to seek enlightenment, before booking a one-way flight back to sanity.
If You Thinking people from Issan poor ,You think wrong ,bcos Issan is have land too expensive and they have farm rice, cane ,Then they Use only cash form pay anything ,, Look at some farang always pay buy credit ,,I need to laugh !!! some farang come i know just many farang not real rich your country too much lazy people ,and too many people have debt more than cash .. I not think Issan poor. you think wrong about some thai girl , I 'm come from family farm i have a certifigate degree bcos my family have farm and no debt ,, About people no debt and some people have debt more than cash WHO IS RICE ,, I have farang bf i never need money from him ,, I never get Anything from Him ,I have salary Although my Income not big money like farang but i never need Extravagant,, some farang No money but need to pay anything buy credit That STUPID !!! I know about this well , and manay farang live in my town and make farm there.... Farang Stupid Must to have Think too mush If you still Think about Issan girl need just money from you ,, I understand your family different Thai family .. in your country if you are old man No body need you your sons your daugther never look after you .. and somebody get lonely then come to thailand for look girl to take care ,, but thai family if you are get old .you still never get lonely or never need to live alone bcos your kids will look after you whe nyou get old man ... tongue.png Edited by methaigirl

Like me when i'm had been visit friends or everyone i must to give money to her mom or her kids..It is customary that you should perform.and when i go visit my family (I work in bkk) i must to give a bit money for all Grandchild tooo This is It is customary that you should perform ..Although i'm not have too much money but just 10-20 bt I can give i will ,, children call KEENOK Do you know What mean of Keenok It mean Farang not rich andstingy ,, KeeNok It better To Call "Bufalo" ,, I never teach my sons rube or vulgar .and They still CHILDREN They know nothing .too many farang stay in my town. my cousin have husband farang and when they com visit they give a littile money to all grandchildren and all like to play with him somefarang love kids some farang not like i understand this ..

I Choose my sons >> I will write more if i have Free time BYe BYE my english is still Bad for come to this forum

best you look for another "farang" who is too stupid and does not know of Thai Visa, so you can teach him the REAL Thai culture of giving kids money on demand and the new, made up meanings of the words.

Trying not to be rude, but nothing but a gold digger.

Your english is still bad for come to this forum(as you say) but is good enough to have a "farang" boyfriend? you must be searching for true love, who understand you, take care you and your familyrolleyes.gif

Edited by lemoncake

Like me when i'm had been visit friends or everyone i must to give money to her mom or her kids..It is customary that you should perform.and when i go visit my family (I work in bkk) i must to give a bit money for all Grandchild tooo This is It is customary that you should perform ..Although i'm not have too much money but just 10-20 bt I can give i will ,, children call KEENOK Do you know What mean of Keenok It mean Farang not rich andstingy ,, KeeNok It better To Call "Bufalo" ,, I never teach my sons rube or vulgar .and They still CHILDREN They know nothing .too many farang stay in my town. my cousin have husband farang and when they com visit they give a littile money to all grandchildren and all like to play with him somefarang love kids some farang not like i understand this ..

I Choose my sons >> I will write more if i have Free time BYe BYE my english is still Bad for come to this forum

Don't put your English ability down, it's quite rare for a foreigner to know when to use too instead of to, Your just like a native speaker. wink.png

• Like 1

This is quite hilarious.

"MeThaiGirl" is indeed the girl in question.

I joined this web site many months ago as part of my research work in investment in Thailand.

This is because the west is financially screwed and will be with government control and taxation.

That is another discussion.

Back to this thread:

I told "MeThaiGirl" that her 6 year old child was out of order putting his hands together and saying "Give Me" and "Keenock" for 10 minutes to me in front of his cousins and "MeThaiGirl". I told her there was nothing I could do about the situation as I do not know the language and the child is not mine as only met 2 days before.

She told me that I should have given him money; this is Thai culture and normal.

I told her that I don't give money to anybody that demands anything from me.

I personally think that it is better to give time to children, than money and materialistic things.

My father gave me nothing, but he gave me his time that gave me a better understanding and future than a few bart to buy some trash.

"MeThaiGirl" does not understand that it would have been easier and cheaper for me to have given a few bart to the kid than have to listen to his insults and then her criticism for the last 2 days but I have principles and this is better for her son and her to understand.

She told me to ask anyone so I told her I would post on a Thai forum and see the replies and hence this thread.

Later I gave her the link to see the replies as she still believes I am wrong.

She has decided to get into the debate (it is a free world) and I have no objections and it should make interesting reading.................lol

I will add the following that I noticed when I was there:

"MeThaiGirl" would not tell her children off.

"MeThaiGirl" would buy everything they wanted while there.

The youngest son would not take notice of what she told him and she would just give up to him.

To me this is the sign of somebody that wants her children to love her and therefore is afraid to upset them and give them everything because they only see her 4 times a year.

Not correct, but understandable to an extent.

Reading her posts on here, she just doesn't understand me.

I have suggested that she find an old stupid desperate farang to replace me with .................... lol

Edited by Cashboy

I don't think the problem is the gf is gold digger. I think she is a bad parent which is the problem. Probably a harder problem to solve than if she was a gold digger.

read her post 62, it pretty much sums up really well what her intentions are and what she thinks of foreigners, naturally her kids would not be any better

I have a wad of Laotian Kip that I carry with me when I go to the village.

If a demand for cash is made I peel off a couple of cents worth of notes and happily hand them over.

Kid is always stoked with his new wad...am I stoked with only losing 3 cents.

Edited by Phronesis
  • Like 1

From my small experience and observations, I can say that this type of parenting behaviour is really common here (though also common in the West too). But specifically in Thailand, I've noticed that extreme lack of discipline, and really lack of teaching of any kind, tends to be "accepted" by many families, over multiple generations. And its not just poor families, I've seen both rich and poor that have the same bad behaviour, totally encouraged by oblivious parents, who simply give their child whatever they desire, whenever they desire it.

Now having said that it is pervasive and generally accepted by many, that doesn't mean its right! There are lots of good kids, who are raised with manners, respect and self control - from both rich and poor families.

There are a lot of things that can be chalked up to cultural differences, or translation errors - but basic respect is not one of those things. Don't let your girlfriend dictate what the "Thai way" is - look around and observe Thai families with well behaved kids - that's also the "Thai way", just not your girlfriend's way. You will notice that Thai families who have kids with some self-control practice the same basic brand of discipline that we do in the west, even though there are some differences in the details of what is considered good and bad behaviour.

There is no excuse in this case, for this girl being such a bad parent. From the information you've provided (and if that is really a post from her), she sounds lazy, socially ignorant, and just really not a good person. Again, only basing this on the information that's here. Obviously, you know her better than we do. Just don't believe it when she tells you what's "normal"... that's not normal.

From my small experience and observations, I can say that this type of parenting behaviour is really common here (though also common in the West too). But specifically in Thailand, I've noticed that extreme lack of discipline, and really lack of teaching of any kind, tends to be "accepted" by many families, over multiple generations. And its not just poor families, I've seen both rich and poor that have the same bad behaviour, totally encouraged by oblivious parents, who simply give their child whatever they desire, whenever they desire it.

Now having said that it is pervasive and generally accepted by many, that doesn't mean its right! There are lots of good kids, who are raised with manners, respect and self control - from both rich and poor families.

There are a lot of things that can be chalked up to cultural differences, or translation errors - but basic respect is not one of those things. Don't let your girlfriend dictate what the "Thai way" is - look around and observe Thai families with well behaved kids - that's also the "Thai way", just not your girlfriend's way. You will notice that Thai families who have kids with some self-control practice the same basic brand of discipline that we do in the west, even though there are some differences in the details of what is considered good and bad behaviour.

There is no excuse in this case, for this girl being such a bad parent. From the information you've provided (and if that is really a post from her), she sounds lazy, socially ignorant, and just really not a good person. Again, only basing this on the information that's here. Obviously, you know her better than we do. Just don't believe it when she tells you what's "normal"... that's not normal.

I agree, although i know Thai familys where 1 child is well mannerd and another is uncontrolable, what is NORMAL anywhere in this stuffed up world anymore......

Op surely you can take care of the problem huh?

Its just a little kid asking for some money! Tell your mrs to tell the kid clean up the yard and you will give him 20 baht. Teach the kid he gets nothing in life unless he works for it.

• Like 1

Thai kids are not much different than any other kids. If you give them some money when they ask, your in for constant asking. It drives me crazy when some body has their kids ask a farang for some money. They never do that among their own. Look at the parents who encourage their kids to ask for money. I find that normally, these people are very un-educated and at the bottom of the gene pool. I walk away. If I like the kid and he or she is being polite, I might buy him a coke or some candy, but I never give them any money. Especially when they ask me.

Edited by metisdead

here is a bit of prospective for you. My husbands niece earns 1 baht per every grey hair she plucks from his head, after an hour of searching she gets around 15 baht & is thrilled with it,. Any 6 year old from any country demanding money & calling me cheap would get a slapped arse.

Your gf (who is a woman I would hope, not a girl) has no respect from you & looks at you as a cash cow. I would suggest laying down some ground rules.

Interesting, a commercial take on grooming behavior more commonly found in apes.

As for the OP and thee spirited round of he said/ she said debate we have been privileged to watch, i would say you are both tragically petty in your own way and probably deserving of each others company.

At least that is what i would say if i believed any of this nonsense to begin with.

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1

When I visit a GF in Europe or TH and I know she has young children, I bring, would bring, something with me as a present, and/or

some sweets, cookies or Chocolate.

If for whatever reason that is not possible or not in the time frame, than I would give them some money.

Not much, just instead of a present. wink.png

If the story happened in that way, the Mama did not teach the children the right manners, because she,

herself will, so I think,not know what the right manners are!

The carelessness regarding food and not throwing away packaging ect. is a problem, widespread in TH!blink.png

It is true that it is very common in Thai culture to slip the kids a few baht when visiting family upcountry, but it is not part of Thai culture for the kids to ask for money... That is considered rude

I do not normally get involved in this personally, but saw my wife slip her nieces and nephews a few 20's here and there when visiting her mother's family back in August

They would then run off to the local shop and buy some snacks to share

But the kids never asked for any money and graciously 'wai' when she gave them

I believe the kids parents would have been horrified and likely would have given the kids a swat if they had been so brazen to ask for money...

Edited by CWMcMurray

When I was a kid, my Great-Uncle would visit and occasionally give me 1 or 2 dollars. In all the times he visited I never stuck my hand out and asked for the cash and nor did I ever call him a skinflint. I had done either one of those things I suspect that my mom's right arm would have gotten an extremely good workout on my backside.

Let stop This , and Pls don not look down my family ( for Someone ) For someone if you not know about this well ,Don't write in this web broad, I already tell him look for new girl ,, if not like my sons Don't go with me anymore .... You will not Understand it if you have no kids

Someone if can not accept about this 1 bt 2bt 3bt. Improtant for you .. Oh sorry some Village Can not use Credit Card ... just only Cash Don't forget ,, Oh if need to cheaper bar girl should Cheaper for you someone hear?

I really think that you missed the point... The amount of 1, 2, 3 baht is not the big issue.

The big issues for many:

1 - A child walking up to an adult and demanding money

2 - When the money is not given, the child calls the adult cheap

3 - Your reaction

Money can be an issue, but it is usually the discussions or non-discussions which can cause issues.

One more thing... in a previous post you said

I understand your family different Thai family .. in your country if you are old man No body need you your sons your daugther never look after you .. and somebody get lonely then come to thailand for look girl to take care ,, but thai family if you are get old .you still never get lonely or never need to live alone bcos your kids will look after you whe nyou get old man ...

A Thai woman told me that she gave money to the kids in her area because she wants them to take care of her later. In someways it makes sense as many people will not do anything just out of the kindness of their heart but because they want something. So she is betting that by giving them money now, they will help later.

There are plenty of sons/daughters who look after their parents in countries outside of Thailand. I am sure that you do not know everyone in the world and are only repeating things that you heard or read about. Finally, I would bet that there are plenty of old people (with kids) in Thailand who live alone and get lonely. Do you know every old person in Thailand or are you just saying what you believe...

• Like 2

One post has been edited for overize font usage:

Posting in all capitals or in all bold, and using large or unusual fonts and colors is bad netiquette.

Another post using oversize red font has been removed as the comments were also:

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Methaigirl It's not what the lad said to the man.

The fact is the lad asked for money that is the real issue. It may be acceptable to you. But it is not acceptable to most people.

You are the one to address this issue. If you feel it is Ok then who are we to disagree. Maybe you will find a man who thinks it is Ok. Good luck I say.