Expressions Of Interest In Storage & Assembly Of Aluminium Profiles.

I have developed a product & looking for somewhere &/or someone to store & assemble the profiles. Material would be imported, stored, assembled (with a possibility of light manufacturing if possible) & 100% exported. (I believe if 100% export business can be 100% foreign owned)

Factory floor required would be 250 to 300sq meters & this is where my biggest challenge is as my budget allows a cost of $1 per sq meter per month. I have the machine to assemble and very simple process.

Im currently based in Cambodia & understand the challenges of residing in Thailand hence this post. This is a new product & being in this GFC I don’t expect large sales to begin with although I do have 3 very interested clients in 3 countries.

Enough said, Im interested in all your feedback positive & negative and further questions or interest can be supplied upon request.

Edited by aussiesuisse

I have been looking for warehouse space around Chonburi province and I think you'll find it hard to achieve your target of U$1 per sq.m. I recently looked at an old run down warehouse and the guy wanted THB 120 per sq.m. (around U$4). For somewhere half decent people are asking THB 150-180 per sq.m.

I don't know whether you have any area in mind, and I also don't know prices in other areas or provinces. No doubt if you find somewhere up country in the middle of nowhere it would be cheaper, but then you will be facing additional transportation costs to get your products to the port or airport. I would imagine that even if you forget about the cost of the land, the construction costs alone would mean that the owner is looking for a better return on his investment that U$1 per sq.m. would give.

Like I said, I don't know which area you're looking in, I just thought I would offer a point of reference from my own recent experiences.

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for that, yea I agree its too low and have already raised the price/budget.

I was also looking at other options to either sub contract out the whole storage & assembly or even a partnership as I will be out of the country for a lot of the time.

The problem is most of the factory space is too large.

Depending on how confident you are, and how long-term you're looking, your best bet may be to buy some land and build something.

Failing that, does the whole operation need to be on one floor? If not then 2 or 3 shophouse units may be your lowest cost option. Say 2 units, 3 floors, 60 sq.m. per unit per floor and maybe a roof... Depending on where you are, maybe 10,000 Baht per unit. You could use any unnecessary space for either your own accommodation or to house your workers.

Failing that... subbing the work out sounds better than a partnership. Partnerships all too often end in tears...

I have a local aluminum business in Thailand and now I am extending the operation. I am willing to assemble the aluminum profiles for you by my experienced staff.

I also have 300 sqm space for rent which will be available in January 2013. The rent will be THB 150 per sqm per month with utilities included, 3 months minimum lease, and 1 month deposit. The location is on Karnjanapisek Road in Nontaburi Province. It takes around 1.3 hours by express way to transport your products to the sea port in Chonburi Province.

Please feel free to contact me

suriyapun at gmail dot com

for some pics

or my mobile no.

+66 86 700 3233

so we can discuss in more detail. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Ohm

Edited by suriyapun