Collapse Of Marriage Registration System Ruins Romantic Mood

Lite Beer

Collapse of marriage registration system ruins romantic mood

By Coconuts Bangkok

Screen-Shot-2555-12-12-at-2.01.12-PM1-578x506.png

The first couple at Bangrak District office. Photo: Instagram user @fanggingny

Hundreds of couples were disappointed today by a breakdown of the marriage registration system at District offices across Bangkok. A bevy of would-be newlyweds flooded the system, trying to tie the knot on the numerically curious date of “12/12/12.”

Couples were already queuing up this morning for marriage licenses even before Bangkok’s District offices opened their doors. The Bangrak District office, whose name literally means “Town of Love,” released marriage certificates to only 55 couples.

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...-romantic-mood/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-12-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I was there this morning at 8am to sign the paperwork for my marriage...

the system went down from about 8:45am to around 9:30am then came back up again - i got my marriage certificate issued at approximately 9:45am

Congratulations... clap2.gifclap2.gif

Couples converge on Bangkok’s Bangrak to register marriages on auspicious day

By English News

BANGKOK, Dec 12 – Thai couples streamed into one of the busiest neighbourhood;s of the Thai captal to register their marriages at Bangrak district, which means the district of love in Thai, on the auspicious day of 12/12/2012.

Apparently thumbing their noses at the so-called Mayan Calendar prophesies warning of the imminent end of the word, both Thai and foreign couples came to the registrar’s office beginning early today. The Bangrak district office was opened to register only 55 couples. The quota was filled before registration opened at 8am.

Meanwhile, many mothers ‘decided’ to give birth on this auspicious day. At Ratchawithi Hospital, the first baby born was delivered at 01.12am, one hour and twelve minutes into the new day.

Phurita Duang-in, the 15-year-old mother, said she did not prepare for childbirth today, but that she went into preterm labour and had no choice.

Ratchawithi Hospital deputy director Dr Udom Chaowarin said about 20 mothers give birth there every day.

The daily number has dropped from about 100 per day as state and private hospitals have increasingly good health insurance systems. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-12-12