German National Brutally Murdered In Jomtien Apartment: Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These stories are usually followed by lots of posts making vacuous assumptions as to what happened or indeed why it happened.

But assumptions aside, we really need to learn from all these tragic situations. What measures can we take to prevent this happening to us. Let's face it, none of us want to meet with such a grisly end.

nice 38mm never hurt anyone..unless it's necessary...send a firm signal to the Thai trash that expats will now arm themselves and are allowed to do so...that would make too much sense though.

On the downside, one might have trouble concealing a 38mm. It would be good, however, for aircraft and armored vehicles, Red Shirt Rallies, etc.

So sad Rip

Maybe it's just me, but foreigners dying here in Thailand seems to be something that is on the increase.

We had a weird one here in Cha Am a few weeks back. A Russian guy checked into his guesthouse in the morning

and then later in the day he checked out of the world permanently.

The strange things about this are:

1. There has been no mention of this guys death in any papers that we can find.If a foreigner dies in Thailand, it usually make the news

2. He was found on/near a main road, very close to restaurants and business stabbed in the neck, but it apparently it has been deemed a suicide. I would think that if the guy wanted to commit suicide by stabbing himself, that his neck wouldn't be his first choice, nor would a main road be his choice of location, his hotel room maybe, somewhere quiet? I don't know, the whole thing seems a little off to me.

Alot more die than you think and not always reported.

Kathoey culprit is unlikely. The news report says neighbors reported 5 or 6 ladies. If the neighbors said ladyboys then you can bet that would be in the news article, it wasn't. Pure speculation as to who did the crime.

Curious would be why steal the laptop? Perhaps some top secret plans were on it. You know, plans for a death star or something.

I'm confused. Was his throat slashed or was he stabbed?

"throat was slashed/cut with a knife or similar sharp object" it would of course be hard to stab someone in the shoulder blade, as it would require a saw or axe .. the injury was to the neck

Ok, brutally murdered is not normally used when a victim is found with his throat slashed.. usuall, brutally murdered will be; having his head caved in with a tire iron, or his stomach slashed open and his guts hanging out, etc.

On another note, I'm am sorry to hear about another farang killed in Thailand. RIP

Edited by khaowong1

These stories are usually followed by lots of posts making vacuous assumptions as to what happened or indeed why it happened.

But assumptions aside, we really need to learn from all these tragic situations. What measures can we take to prevent this happening to us. Let's face it, none of us want to meet with such a grisly end.

Don't talk or interact with the local population at all, ever.

How do you through immigration then? Or catch a taxi? Or order food in a restaurant? Buy stuff at a 7 eleven? Exist at all?