Surely The Ultimate Posing Car....yes Here!

eyecatcher

This caught my eye the other morning;

have never seen one before and didnt even recognise the maker.

Its a Matsuoka...Himiko Roadster (I think)

Isnt this just sheer perfection, beauty and style............a babe magnet if ever a car was.

Sadly its not mine, maybe you own it?

post-150623-0-78253600-1355399927_thumb.

post-150623-0-58202100-1355399989_thumb.

post-150623-0-01223900-1355400030_thumb.

• Like 1

Saw a young Farang guy driving one (this one?) on Huawy Kaew Rd the other day. As they are made from a modified Mitsubishi Mirage with its puny 1.2 litre, 3 cylinder engine I can't imagine that it goes near as well as it looks. 2.8million or so seems a big mark up for a modified 400K Mirage too.

(null)

Saw a young Farang guy driving one (this one?) on Huawy Kaew Rd the other day. As they are made from a modified Mitsubishi Mirage with its puny 1.2 litre, 3 cylinder engine I can't imagine that it goes near as well as it looks. 2.8million or so seems a big mark up for a modified 400K Mirage too.

(null)

It's got a 2L Mazda LF-VE(RS) engine and the price is 3,880,000 Baht...

re.

have never seen one before and didnt even recognise the maker

nor had i when i saw this one last august so i had to look it up

and its a mitsuoka : )

re ... THought this was going to be the Red or silver Ferrari I've seen zipping about,

this red one ?

dave2

post-42592-0-18022800-1355404911_thumb.j

post-42592-0-55737400-1355404976_thumb.j

post-42592-0-18744300-1355405011_thumb.j

post-42592-0-55160400-1355405039_thumb.j

post-42592-0-76151600-1355405539_thumb.j

They were on display at the BKK Car show in April and drew a lot of attention because of the models (even tho my gf told me they were ladyboys) and the cars were attention gathers too. They are apparently "handmade" (translate into limited production numbers) in Japan and had whopping pricetags . There other models too.

More info http://www.mitsuoka-motor.com/english/lineup/

280px-Mitsuoka_Orochi_Nude_Top_Roadstar.JPG

2005-mitsuoka-orochi-nude-top-concept-ra-od-1920x1440-copy.thumbnail.jpg

They were on display at the BKK Car show in April and drew a lot of attention because of the models (even tho my gf told me they were ladyboys) and the cars were attention gathers too. They are apparently "handmade" (translate into limited production numbers) in Japan and had whopping pricetags . There other models too.

More info http://www.mitsuoka-...english/lineup/

280px-Mitsuoka_Orochi_Nude_Top_Roadstar.JPG

2005-mitsuoka-orochi-nude-top-concept-ra-od-1920x1440-copy.thumbnail.jpg

at over 11 million here not cheap, but how much would a Honda NSX cost here today ? back in 1996 they were 8 million..

Guess still a cheap supercar in Thailand

the one with Rolls Royce front grill is based on the Ford Mustang !!

Very similar to the Morgan Aero, in looks only......

Morgan Aero 0-60mph 4.2 secs/370bhp

Mitsuoka Himiko 0-60mph 7secs/162bhp

To be honest, for Thailand's roads that's plenty fast.

And I can't recognize any Mirage parts in it; not the mirrors, nothing. Or did they only use it for some smaller interior items (dashboard, etc)? Are we sure that's accurate?

01-2012-mitsubishi-mirage628.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The one I have seen the most of here is the Viewt.................. BUT a Mk 2 Jag with a 1.2 lt engine, question would it be strong enough to put a proper engine in it ?

There again notice the NEW Ford Mustang has or will have a 1 lt eco twin turbo engine.. the mind boggles,, maybe must get with the times, V6 or above are vanishing, cars are getting bigger and engines smaller................ those old V8 engine ran forever wonder if a 3 cylinder would run the same.?

Found the Thai website.

They make some dogs too. wink.png

content.jpg

http://www.mitsuoka-thai.com

I test drove (rode in the back seat) of that one a few years ago in Bangkok at their authorized dealer. It's basically a Nissan Teana (maybe an Infiniti, can't remember) with a makeover to look like some sort of mutant Bentley or Rolls Royce or something. It's very nice inside and the ride is nice, as they tweak the suspension, but the cheapest thing is that when you open the hood/bonnet, it lifts the front fender panel over the headlamps, and it is done in cheap fiberglass.

Cheesy.

Edited by keemapoot

emm, its technically a rebody kit car right?

If I recall correctly, Nissan gave the drivetrain warranty same as any new Nissan, but I think excluded aftermarket kit car elements. For example, when the hood pops open, (you can see the seam right at the headlight), the panel lifts directly up from this lamp socket, and seems very flimsy. So, I'm not sure about the integrity of the body panels on those "kits." However, the salesman told us all the moguls in Japan like to buy them.

Found the Thai website.

mitsuoka-viewt-02.jpg

content.jpg

Ah; Mk2 Jag, the classic Bank Robbers getaway car of the 60's/70s. Easy to nick as any worn 'FP' ignition key would open the door and get you started. Don't think the blaggers would have been too happy with a 1.2 engine though, they wouldn't even have a outrun a Copper's noddy bike !

Found the Thai website.

mitsuoka-viewt-02.jpg

content.jpg

Ah; Mk2 Jag, the classic Bank Robbers getaway car of the 60's/70s. Easy to nick as any worn 'FP' ignition key would open the door and get you started. Don't think the blaggers would have been too happy with a 1.2 engine though, they wouldn't even have a outrun a Copper's noddy bike !

LMAO. certainly didnt spot the mk2 at first sight, but now you mention it, LOL.

Very similar to the Morgan Aero, in looks only......

Morgan Aero 0-60mph 4.2 secs/370bhp

Mitsuoka Himiko 0-60mph 7secs/162bhp

To be honest, for Thailand's roads that's plenty fast.

And I can't recognize any Mirage parts in it; not the mirrors, nothing. Or did they only use it for some smaller interior items (dashboard, etc)? Are we sure that's accurate?

01-2012-mitsubishi-mirage628.jpg

The engines from the Mazda MX5.

LMAO. certainly didnt spot the mk2 at first sight, but now you mention it, LOL.

Oddly they have been made that one for years, the older ones from the mid 90's.well in UK in 1993, were all wood and leather inside ....... the photo is a 2013 model Viewt and colour is Cherry Green, the inside looks as they have come from the Nissan March...

post-42643-0-68017500-1355493287_thumb.j

Want a funny pickup from 1994 ?

post-42643-0-14905800-1355493378_thumb.j

Edited by ignis