Withdrawing $ From Atm

Maramook

The only official way to get foreign currency is providing receipts from prior currency exchanges that you (or your friends) have done in the past.

You can do it in any banking office, AFAIK; certainly, not at ATM.

Other ways, including private money changers, are illegal and risk-prone.

The only official way to get foreign currency is providing receipts from prior currency exchanges that you (or your friends) have done in the past.

This post doesn't seem to be accurate at all to me. Are you saying that the only way to legally obtain NON thai currency within Thailand is by producing receipts of prior currency conversions? Certainly I have changed Baht to other currencies at the same places I would go to change foreign currencies to THB. Never been asked for any receipts.

• Like 1

Not correct at all.

You can walk into any bank and obtain dollars. Often done by people wanting to travel to other local Asian countries.

You can often get better rates at private exchangers, who in no way are illegal (they are licensed).

Bank Gold in Soi Rungland is an example.

Never heard of any risk in using private exchangers.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

But I believe that SCB ATM at the airport that dispenses USD does charge your account in THB even if it is a USD based account. That makes using this machine to pull out USD rather expensive.

Can anyone confirm this?

If Maramook means he want to withdraw Dollars here in Thailand and his account in The U.S.A. will be debited for the same amount, he may be wrong.

I didn't get it. I have Payoneer dollar card of MasterCard, of course, from the USA. Would it not be better to withdraw dollars rather than bahts?

I did notice an ATM at Swampy last week that appeared to offer Euros and GB£ not sure if it offered US$.

Yeap you can get US$ out of it

Where is it?

Airside, next to the SCB exchange desks

Suvarnabhumi? I asked about Pattaya.

Edited by Maramook

Yeap you can get US$ out of it

Where is it?

Airside, next to the SCB exchange desks

Suvarnabhumi? I asked about Pattaya.

I believe you got the answer in regards to pulling USD from an atm in pattaya. There are none.

I didn't get it. I have Payoneer dollar card of MasterCard, of course, from the USA. Would it not be better to withdraw dollars rather than bahts?

See Post 14, so Dollars to ThB to Dollars

Edited by luckyluke