A Guitar Repair Shop

bannork

I'm looking to buy a new guitar but being left handed I have to change the nut when I swop the strings around.I'd like to get a professional to do this.

Does anyone know a shop they'd recommend, I don't mean the type you see in department stores run by ladies who have never heard of Rory Gallagher or Gene Clark but a shop run by the owner?

Thanking anyone in advance.

2nd or 3rd floor of Pratunam. If you approach from the crossroads (near CentralWorld) head right along the outside edge to the 2nd entrance. When you walk in you turn right, head to the next set of escalators. On the 2nd or 3rd floor off these escalators you need to head to the front wall of the building. There is a double width shop here where they greatly care for their guitars. I've seen a few well loved classics in various states of repair in here....somebody obviously trusts them.

2nd or 3rd floor of Pratunam. If you approach from the crossroads (near CentralWorld) head right along the outside edge to the 2nd entrance. When you walk in you turn right, head to the next set of escalators. On the 2nd or 3rd floor off these escalators you need to head to the front wall of the building. There is a double width shop here where they greatly care for their guitars. I've seen a few well loved classics in various states of repair in here....somebody obviously trusts them.

Draftvader, I can't picture what place you're talking about. Is the building on Petchburi or Ratchadamri? Or did you mean Panthip Plaza?

OP, Alicia guitar comes highly recommended. Check out this old thread for some other suggestions.

K' Shane at Aleciea is the guy you want to do the nut job. He does most of the Thai 'superstars' guitars and even makes stunning handmade PRS copies that go for around 30k (when he can be bothered)

We go back a way. Orginally I was very critical of his work but I learned to push back on anything that wasnt 100% and now I trust him totally. Wheh he's 'on' he's as good as anyone in the world and if I were a touring guitar player, he'd be the first guy I would employ as my tech.

His shop isnt that easy to find down Rama IX but you turn left at La Defense Massage (I think) and head down the back of the soi, turn left turn right and you're there.....

Draftvader, I can't picture what place you're talking about. Is the building on Petchburi or Ratchadamri? Or did you mean Panthip Plaza?

OP, Alicia guitar comes highly recommended. Check out this old thread for some other suggestions.

http://www.thaivisa....ops-in-bangkok/

Definitely mean Pratunam. When you walk from Panthip to the junction for CentralWorld you will see Pratunam sitting ON the junction. It is the only mall on the junction itself.

http://www.thaivisa....ops-in-bangkok/

Definitely mean Pratunam. When you walk from Panthip to the junction for CentralWorld you will see Pratunam sitting ON the junction. It is the only mall on the junction itself.

Hang on....it has just had a name change....can't remember what it is. I have to visit CW today for Christmas goodies, I'll take a look if I remember.

• 6 months later...

Gotta speak out against Strings Shop (although this be slightly old). Found this thread, along with some other sites, recommending them, and since their location is good I dropped my guitar off there to get some rewiring done. No technicians were in that day, so they said they'd call me back the next day. Three days later I call back asking what was going on, and they say sorry, we'll call you tomorrow. They call me two days later to tell me that they can't help with electrical work, and despite my mild frustration I ask if they know anyone who can, at which the woman says "okay, I will check, thank you," and hangs up, never to be heard from again.

I fear I might not be able to get it back when I go there later today. And all this time with no strings attached, literally. Not good for the neck.

I'll try and find Mr. Sak in Palladium, but not much info online about him either.