Badminton, Fitness On Samui?

Hi,

I decided to start working out, since driving a motobike or car doesnt help staying healthy :)

I ve looked around...and sorry but most places are quite dirty, tiny, and with old equipments, I ve been checking the famous world gym..and the first impression was bad, even the staff at the desk who was to busy watching tv to answers my question....so anyone knows a decent place with decent prices, even in a hotel?

If I don t find, I was told many people do play badminton,which is quite a good sport but nobody could tell me where.

Sorry for my questions, I am still new on the island, and don t know many people...so Thai visa seems the best place to get advices.

Thanks

Badminton and a gym at 99. This is on the road from Bandon Hospital to the Airport. (Chewang - between Big C and Makro)

Gym on the Ghost Road from Bangrak to Chewang. Wide range of kit. Quite old but regularly maintained.

Poncy gym at the Sala Samui (Choengmon) on the corner by the entrance. Good for cardio but quite 'cosy'.

Jungle Gym on the road from Big Buddha to Choengmon. Look for signs. Good gym - Muay Thai training as well. No a/c (but you're supposed to sweat!)

Badminton and a gym at 99. This is on the road from Bandon Hospital to the Airport. (Chewang - between Big C and Makro)

Gym on the Ghost Road from Bangrak to Chewang. Wide range of kit. Quite old but regularly maintained.

Poncy gym at the Sala Samui (Choengmon) on the corner by the entrance. Good for cardio but quite 'cosy'.

Jungle Gym on the road from Big Buddha to Choengmon. Look for signs. Good gym - Muay Thai training as well. No a/c (but you're supposed to sweat!)

Thanks!

Well I worked out on Sala Samui today, it is quite ok, very cozy for sure, but bit pricy monthly.

I was told about 99, I ll go check out soon

I already checked Jungle gym, and not for me, it s only muay thai, I ve only seen one poor cardi equipment, and it is in opened area...which means mosquito;) and they love me too much!

I don t know what s the ghost road, sorry :) but I ll check it out

Yato fitness in the ghost road is also a possible choice for you,its also located in the ghost road AKA soi Bond Kai 300M from bangrak beach entrance on the right hand side.

this place has a website, you can google it.

Edited by NHJ

YATO gym on the Ghost Road near Bangrak is ok. I've used it a few times and have been quite happy with it. As mentioned, the equipment isnt exactly new, but its all in good working order. The place isnt enclosed so no A/C, but its very clean and the staff are nice and helpful.

For Badminton the 99 is the place. They have about 16 courts. Its 180 baht for the court for an hour.

YATO gym on the Ghost Road near Bangrak is ok. I've used it a few times and have been quite happy with it. As mentioned, the equipment isnt exactly new, but its all in good working order. The place isnt enclosed so no A/C, but its very clean and the staff are nice and helpful.

For Badminton the 99 is the place. They have about 16 courts. Its 180 baht for the court for an hour.

I used to work out at Yato - what impressed me was that the guys clean and test everything first thing in the morning. (Well not quite first thing - I was usually there first.)

I know yato too ;) but not good for me, no AC, and it will be ok in the morning only I guess, since there is also a bar, and that would be ankward to watch people drinking, or having people staring etc..while sweating and working out..I guess I ve checked out all the places, need to make my mind now :) thanks for the tips anyway!