What Cheap Personal Accident Insurance Is Currently Offered By Thai Banks?

AbeSurd

I went into Siam Commercial Bank today to renew my 'PA Happy' personal accident insurance policy with them. Last year it was 2900 baht for 100,000 baht of accident cover.

This year they've changed it to a 'PA Happy Foreigner' personal accident insurance policy and the lowest band costs 6800 baht. And that's for either 60,000 or 100,000 baht of accident cover. (Sorry, my Thai isn't good enough to sort out which of the two figures applies). This is nothing to do with my age. The old lower price policy is simply no longer available to foreigners.

So that's a price increase of over 100 percent. Needless to say, I am not a 'Happy Foreigner' - and didn't renew.

Does anyone know what personal accident insurance (if any) the other banks are offering? I know Bangkok Bank used to offer something similar.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i would buy it if it covered motorcycles but im sure theres small print that rules out almost any activitie id be likely to get injured while doing ......

And why would you presume motorbikes are excluded?

i would buy it if it covered motorcycles but im sure theres small print that rules out almost any activitie id be likely to get injured while doing ......

And why would you presume motorbikes are excluded?

They are on the Bangkok Bank "senior" accident policy

• 2 months later...

I read the BKK Bank PA form and the fine print states a farang must have a work permit, nothing about a 'retirement' visa. So being the latter, I did not apply.

I'm sure it does not state that. Maybe you mean 'foreigner'?

• 3 weeks later...

I was talked in to paying 1 000 per year for a personal insurance when I opened my acount with Government Savings Bank last November. I just got 750 paid to my acount covering some of the costs after being bit by a dog. The owner had to pay for the first expenses at a local hospital.