Where Is The 'new' Brasserie?

properjob

I hear that the Brasserie has been resurrected, but not at its riverside location where it was for more than twenty-five years.

Apparently the new location is on Chayapoom.

I know where Chayapoom is, but I have no idea where on that stretch of road the new Brasserie is.

Anyone know?

rm

It's across from Talaat Somphet. It's near a big cosmetic place that is all lit up.

I've been a number of times, including about a week ago. Always dead as can be and never anyone around with any information about what band will play when, etc.

I like Took and wish them well. As I understand it, Took is out of the country and has been for some time.

I am not too surprised that he's not generating much custom, when he has done nothing to create awareness of the place. I only learned it was there when a Facebook connection told me that Chai Blues is to play there on Sunday. I'm hoping to get along for that.

re.

I only learned it was there when a Facebook connection told me that Chai Blues is to play there on Sunday.

hes right : )

dave2

ps ... electrified is right its 200 yards north of the old spicy or opposite the house / the end of soi 7 m m road !

post-42592-0-21132700-1355503493_thumb.j

Is it the place that used to be called the "Smile Bar"?

From what I've been told, yes, that is the spot. I rode past it the other night coming back from Doi Sutthep. It's near the north east corner of the moat and on the outside road.

It's not too far from Miguel's or across the street from "The House". We went there for the first time last Sunday. The first band (Mai Blues?) was really good. I recognize Mai as the guy playing with Took for years. They were really good. Then Chai and his band came on and they were fantastic. I really like Miss Nurse's voice. it was really packed out that night. It was nice to see.

Yes it was a very good night. The music was excellent. It was absolutely packed! I had a great time and the overall vibe and energy was really nice to see in C.M. My only complaint was the amount of people smoking! I thought that had been outlawed in clubs and restaurants? In this day and age I am surprised there are so many smokers. And those hand rolled cigarettes stink like vomit.

Oh the female vocalist -- Miss Nurse??? wow, what a voice!

Does miss Nurse play around C.M. by any chance or is she based in Bangkok or an International artist?

Guess I answered my own question; Bangkok, Singapore, etc. Great voice!

Did you find out something about her? The first time I saw her was with Chai at Boy's one night. She blew us away.

• 10 months later...

Yep, and Tuk has just put in glass doors so he can up the sound - the new and improved Brasserie is located at http://goo.gl/maps/YhtyH (formerly Smile bar, five doors south of Miguel's / 50 metres up from Chaiyapoom Rd). Tuk is back at it, and with new glass doors, is blasting rhythm 'n' blues, only now in a more central location. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Brasserie-Chiangmai/234548396592476?id=234548396592476&sk=info

Used to go there often earlier this year and then they changed band/group at 8pm,10pm and 12 midnight. Food pretty good and food and drinks both cheap. Good place for a night out-opposite soi 7, moon muang, if the above directions still have you lost!