Teaching Jobs In July

optimutt

Cheers all!

I've been considering broadening my horizons and experience life in another Asian country. I've been in China for a year and a half, but I'd love to move down to Thailand. The only problem is that I'm bound here by contract until July, and will be unable to begin work in Thailand until late July.

Since the Thai schoolyear runs from May or June until March or April, how adversely will this affect my acquisition of a job teaching English in Thailand? Will it make finding a job impossible? Will it not affect the job hunt at all?

Any help would be most appreciated!

I got hired in mid July, and they were so desperate, that if I had run around the room doing a wild chicken imitation during the interview, they would have taken me. In fact, I interviewed with a guy who was acting almost that strangely, and they kept offering him the job.

But I was foolish to take that job; the disorganized interview was just my first clue.

So yes, come ahead, but no, don't expect a great position.

Lots of international schools do English Summer Camps during July and August .... maybe you could try contacting some and offer your services .... money can be quite good and most employ outside teachers as few of their staff want to be working during their holidays. Good way to get your feet in the door and a way of making money until you can get a more permanent job.

Try ISB and Harrow in the north of Bangkok which I'm pretty sure have summer camps .... for links to all int'l schools in Thailand go to the ISAT website (International Schools Association of Thailand) ... you might be able to find out more info by going directly to the schools' websites. Good luck.