True Visions

My UBC box will not start up. There was a posting a year or so ago about rebooting the system with a pin number etc. It worked for me at the time and I copied down the procedure but I cannot remember where I put it.

Can somebody help?

Cheers

Assuming that it is the true HD box and you wish to download the current program, then switch of the box completely (unplug from wall). Wait a minute then power up, look at the front of the set top box, as soon as you see 'booting' press 'exit' on the remote and enter code 2485 . Note you need to be quite quick pressing 'exit' after seeing 'booting'.

Current program should now be downloading. Do not switch off or press any remote button while this is going on. It takes around 5 to 10 minutes.

Cannot remember when post you refer to was made, but I think about 6 months ago. Believe was made by member Pib but unsure.

I have done the above procedure and it does work ok.

Ok an update from my previous post.

Have just done the program reload again. Code required after 'exit' is 2485 . Using 2321 ( the entry for signal setup) did not work for me, bootup stopped and had to power down again.

The pdf linked above is for resetting the channel list, if I understand the op correctly he does not get that far and suspects a corrupt program

The method in my first post #2 does work have just done it. A small note when powering down the set top box do not put it in standby state before pulling the plug. For me if I put it in standby before cutting the power I did not see the 'booting' message when powering up again.

The program download progress is shown on the tv.

For info my Recever s/w version is now 4.0.2.001 Oct 30 2012

Edited by ThaidDown

It's the same on the Astro box... every time after the power goes off, you have to unplug the box for a moment or two... re plug and then it reboots .... w00t.gif

Took me three trips to PSI shop to figure that... I would run it down ...he'd plug in and it worked ! blink.png ... duh!!!..... but just something they don't tell you ! biggrin.png

Rather than start a new tread, I'll ask this question here... dare I go off topic? wink.png

Anyone else with Astro finding there is no HD service, for the last few weeks? PSI guy says it's all out, including Malaysia... ???

I find that hard to believe... as one would think they would say that in some form of a ticker tape message on non HD channels !

Well, Astro HD has been trying hard to work this evening.... got in a one hour show thumbsup.gif

I guess the little monkeys up on the Astro satellite are not grinding the crank hard enough.... biggrin.png

Nothing on Astro web site there is a problem.... but this period is suppose to have heavier than usual solar flares... so that could bugger more than just the Telly...

Dooms Day Preppers be prepared! wink.pngw00t.gif