Yingluck Vows To Provide Better Security Protection For Teachers In Southernmost Provinces

webfact

PM vows to provide better security protection for teachers in southernmost provinces

By Digital Media

yi.jpeg

BANGKOK, Dec 15 -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday said security agencies would adjust their plans to provide better protection for educators in the southernmost provinces, as she was confident that all schools would reopen normally on Monday.

Ms Yingluck, on her weekly TV programme "The Yingluck Government Meets the People," said the government has worried over the safety of the teachers who were working in the three southermmost provinces after teachers had apparently become primary targets for assassination by insurgents.

She said security protection at schools was inadequate but security should be provided for them at their homes until arriving at schools.

The schools located in high risk areas must be under special attention, she added.

The premier said that the agencies concerned including - the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre (SBPAC), the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC), schools and teachers have to closely cooperate and work together on security measures for teachers.

She added that the provincial governors should play a vital roles in integrating the work of various agencies to address the southern problems.

As for welfare benefits for teachers, Ms Yingluck said that it may not come in the form of cash but it was aimed at building morale for teachers.

Additional CCTV cameras would be installed, she said, adding that the infrastructure development projects would be urgently pushed for better safety of the educators.

Ms Yingluck said she was confident that all schools in southern provinces would be opened normally on Monday after they were closed last Thursday and Friday to permit security agencies sufficient time to assess their operations in providing teacher protection, after two teachers were killed when presumed insurgents invaded a school lunchroom at Baan Bango School in Mayor district on Tuesday. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-12-15

She said security protection at schools was inadequate but security should be provided for them at their homes until arriving at schools.

I am having trouble wrapping my brain around this sentence

So we a going to leave inadequate security at the schools. ( am assuming inadequate is a typo) but not sure.

But somehow we are going to send security details in the afternoon, to thousands of teachers and administrators homes until they leave for school in the morning.

1. How the hell are they going to do this?

2. Will this not draw attention to the teachers residence? Will it not be like shooting fish in a barrel?

3 Again, how the hell are they going to do this?

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 2

Talk is cheap, the problem is that you never really know your enemy.It could be your frienly hairdresser, a shopkeeper a teacher a policeman.

Guerrilla warfare/ terrorism/ street warfare is a dirty engagement scenario in which only those who attack know who they are and then those being attacked may find out who their enemy is or was if documentation or a positive visual identification is made is via a body or casualty count.or the ordinance used and the M.O..

A good intelligence gathering network a good rapport with the locals and a presence on the ground of properly trained personnel military, police and civilian will or should go some way to lessening the problem.

However at the end of the day all sides have to get round the table and talk, give a little take a little it's the only solution and it isn't going to happen overnight either.

Trust has to be built with all the involved factions, investments such as industrial, infrastructure, welfare and community outreach schemes have to be made in the area, a slow but sure process that will eventually succeed...

Seems to me what we have now is a Fred Karno style defense force. .

Rawrecruits.jpg

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Becoming quite the politician. About 6 paragraphs and nothing said. CCTV? These cowards disappear anyway before the security people arrive.

Pssst.......want to buy a balaclava?

Of course, everything up and running Monday. Especially the " infrastructure development projects"

If they could dredge up 20000 police officers to provide security for the recent peaceful Bangkok demo there surely there must be the resources to provide the same security for the teachers in the south who are infinitely more danger.

Even robocop Chalerm is scared to go anywhere near the place

Edited by bigbamboo

Poor Yingluck, looks like she has drunk from the poisoned chalice her brother handed her some time, hence her looking a bit distressed in the O.P.. image.

Perhaps now she is beginning to realise this is not the Telly Tubbies La La Land but reality..

Yingluck Vows To Provide Better Security Protection For Teachers In Southernmost Provinces

This video represents the Yingluck adminstration not only on the Southern terrorists issue abut all issues to a T. Spot on.

• Like 2

I hope there is something lost in translation here.

I hope it for the PM, because if she really VOWED it, she might have just bitten of more than she can chew!

If you are dealing with terrorists, you can never win nor can you guarantee or "vow" to protect anyone from them.

It is a characteristic of "terror" to be intangible and it is a well known fact, that even the most effective security measures can not guarantee safety from terrorism.

"BANGKOK, 8 December 2012 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubamrung has affirmed yesterday that Thailand is not a country of terrorism after it was ranked eighth in the global terrorism index by the Institute for Economics and Peace."

I believe she is dealing with terrorists, perhaps you do too DocN? However Chalerm sees things differently. He's dealing with insurgents. Semantics? maybe.

Ask the teachers and families and others affected by this. Are they terrorized? I reckon they're all shit scared.ph34r.png

• Like 2

"As for welfare benefits for teachers, Ms Yingluck said that it may not come

in the form of cash but it was aimed at building morale for teachers."

What? Is somebody running outta the best motivator/morale booster this

planet has ever known? Or is Brother T cutting her off?

Shall we have a community sing along then?

Edited by sunshine51

She say's

"As for welfare benefits for teachers, Ms Yingluck said that it may not come in the form of cash but it was aimed at building morale for teachers."

Why is she even talking about it. Didn't she just turn the whole thing over to Chalerm ?

Do I detect a loss of trust here or just another photo op opportunity?

I wonder what she is going to do?

Give them an autographed picture of her self.

Edited by hellodolly

The situation is getting so out of hand, it's only a matter of time before the terrorists take the fight to Bangkok and blow up a few of the BTS's lines. That's what they did in the Philippines and that's why they frisk people there (and in some areas have bomb-sniffing dogs).

Yep, it's definitely going to take such an event for Thailand to step up its security/intelligence.

Yingluck vows to increase protection, the terrorists vow to increase the number of attacks. I know who I'm putting my money on.

But can't you see it in her face in the pic.... There is VOW written ll over it ... she reflects total VOW there... and yup! the vow will be a couple more teachers killed randomly in the next few days and then what will she vow to... ??? Full excorts for teachers 24 Hours a day ... ! And then ...! What about the students cause they will be the next targets ??? And on and on we go ... sick.gif

Poor Yingluck, looks like she has drunk from the poisoned chalice her brother handed her some time, hence her looking a bit distressed in the O.P.. image.

Perhaps now she is beginning to realise this is not the Telly Tubbies La La Land but reality..

Oh c'mon !! you are confused ....that is the NEW VOW LOOK that all young Thai girls will be imitating now to lure their male counterparts .. along with the fashionable Lime Green Jacket