Animal Activists Seek Action Against Sattahip Dog Killer

Lite Beer

All people all over the world are changing. When one lives in a crowded society such as a, western style, housing estate in an urban city like Sattahip one would expect people to change their attitudes from that of the simpler open areas of rural Thailand. Part of that attitude changing should be consideration for your neighbors. As Thailand progresses so should its attitude. I fully believe that my neighbors are far more important than myself. I do not wish to disturb them or create any nuisance towards them. Consequently I keep my radio and TV volume low and my dog behind my closed gate during the day and inside the house during the night. If the Golden's owner had shown some consideration for his neighbors, Thai or Farang, then he would not have let his dog roam free on the street. Instead the guy has proven to be nothing less than inconsiderate. Rather than take responsibility for exercising his dog by taking it for leashed walks (as the German was doing) he instead takes the lazy approach and opens his gate to allow it to run free. It is all very well to say "when in Rome" but what about living in the 21st century. You, lemoncake, and the Golden's owner cannot justify his inconsiderate actions on that is the way it was. This is 2012, not 1912, and we have to be more considerate of other people and stop being totally selfish.

You say the German should "fit in". I say it is the Thai, living in a modern, crowded, westernized, housing estate that should fit in and remember that he is no longer living in a grass hut in the middle of a rice field.

The law suit was in retaliation to the Golden's owners charges. I believe it is called a counter-suit. Had the Thai not pressed charges the German wouldn't have either. The 300,000 asked for may be stupid but so is the Thai's claim. Ask for something stupid and you'll get something stupid back.

I am not defending the German's actions. What I am defending is the right for people to be able to walk, with or without their leashed dog, freely and unhindered along a public street WITHOUT being harassed by some vicious pet or mangy mutt on the loose. ALL DOGS SHOULD BE BEHIND CLOSED GATES IN URBAN AREAS UNLESS ON A LEASH.

Thai ate truly blessed with your presence in their country.

You are joking right?

You can not possibly be saying that because Thai lives in a townhouse they should adopt western ways?

You can not possibly be saying that in an estate filled with Thai and I foreigner , the Thai should change?

What you feel and how you treat people does not mean Thai should do the same, even though you deeply believe so.

As I have said many times, German could take his dog out of the estate for walks, bring a squirt gun or look for other alternatives instead of having same thoughts as you that Thai should change for him.

If you can not handle migration stay in your home country because no one owes you anything and if one does not have enough brain cells to think, there is no one to blame but one's self

PS. You call sathahip urban ? Have you been there? It's a navy town, certainly designed for navy personnel not a German expat

PPS. Hope you have sent out a memo already to all the Thai living in estates advising them to adopt western way of thinking and if they do not change to go back to villages .

PPPS. So far I have seen only savagely murdered dog by the German and no evidence or witnesses of his dog injury from the so called attacks nor is there any witnesses to his injury being caused by golden prior to him brutally killing the dog. Funny that no witnesses at all and no medical bills to show

Thais do seem to like me because I have bothered to learn their language and their culture. They also appreciate my point of view, (be considerate of your neighbors), when it comes to living in crowded places such as western style housing estates.

I'm not joking at all.

I never said Thais should adopt western ideals. I did say that in crowded western style housing estates one needs to be considerate of ones neighbors. You and the Golden's owner seem to fail to grasp this thinking that you can do just as you please.

So it is OK, by your understanding, for all Thais to act just as they please and have no consideration for anybody else!

I never said that Thai should change for the German alone. The Thais must change for themselves as well. How do you expect people to live together in harmony if all they think of is themselves. Had the Golden's owner given but one seconds thought to what may happen if he let his violent dog to freely roam the street and realized that the responsible thing to do was keep it behind his closed gate then none of this would happen.

I would suggest that is you, the Golden's owner and all other that allow there dogs to roam freely to start to think and behave responsibly to your neighbors. It seems obvious from your posts that you have little if any consideration for your neighbors expecting them to go out of their way just to satisfy your selfish need to allow dogs to roam freely.

Of course Sattahip is urban. Being a naval town does not make it rural. Bangkok is a business city ... does that mean that retirees cannot live there?

I am not going to get into any discussion about the death of the Golden. My point of view is only that it would never have happened had the Golden's owner acted responsibly to his pet and his neighbors and kept it off of public land.

ahh the never ending come back from TV posters about speaking the language and knowing the culturerolleyes.gif which clearly you do not , seems 99.9% people on here speak fluent Thai, but ANYHOW.

It is really irrelevant what i think, because it is not going to change the way thai society works, nor do i think being an internet warrior will change it.

Since you feel so strongly about that, why did you not go to his house to defend him?Why no one came to his defense besides his soon to be ex girlfriend?

Now you keep posting the same rubbish that Golden was violent? Any witnesses? any medical bills for the Rotti? for all you know Golden galloped towards him and his dog to make friends, but being brainless idiot that he is, he made it into a problem

Where does it say Golden pooped and owner did not pick it up?

Where does it say that i let my dogs roam free?

Is it possible you just posting rubbish?whistling.gif

But again, since you speak Thai and know the culture well as you stated, why did you not go to his house to support him? It's all nice to be an internet warrior with your western values and morals, NOW go put it into practice and educate those selfish, irresponsible Thai's on how to live in harmony and adopt Western way of lifethumbsup.gif

PS. I know it takes a genius to put a dog into a car or on a bike and take it for walks else where to avoid problems, it would be a real pooper to take the dog out to an open area to let it run free and play.

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 2

Over reaction, and a gruesome reaction, but I can't say I blame him. These dogs running around everywhere are a total menace. And before some beardy cretin in orange trousers says that's Buddhism and if you don't like it go home, it isn't Buddhism at all - it's a slovenly abrogation of personal responsibility. Spain in the 70s and 80s was full of rabid stray dogs. As was Yugoslavia in the early 2000s. Neither are Buddhist.

Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan are largely Buddhist and don't have similar problems to anything like the same degree.

As for suing them for 300,000 THB. If he has half a brain in his head he doesn't expect to see a single satang of that, he's just going on the offensive, setting out his position so that they reach a final agreement that isn't along the lines of "you're foreign so you pay." Good on him.

Petty Officer I would take to mean he works on a ship rather than being a member of the police or armed forces, but open to being corrected.

• Like 1

It upsets me; the means and methods with which a very few can turn any forum thread into a cesspool of insults, racist remarks and twisted thinking using every means possible to upset reasonable people. This is what activists do. This is why sensible people walk away. Much as I would intention to a dog that attacks with the same tactics and refuses to back off; I warn; do not pursue. Now is your chance to show your true colors by what you say next. Good bye.

All people all over the world are changing. When one lives in a crowded society such as a, western style, housing estate in an urban city like Sattahip one would expect people to change their attitudes from that of the simpler open areas of rural Thailand. Part of that attitude changing should be consideration for your neighbors. As Thailand progresses so should its attitude. I fully believe that my neighbors are far more important than myself. I do not wish to disturb them or create any nuisance towards them. Consequently I keep my radio and TV volume low and my dog behind my closed gate during the day and inside the house during the night. If the Golden's owner had shown some consideration for his neighbors, Thai or Farang, then he would not have let his dog roam free on the street. Instead the guy has proven to be nothing less than inconsiderate. Rather than take responsibility for exercising his dog by taking it for leashed walks (as the German was doing) he instead takes the lazy approach and opens his gate to allow it to run free. It is all very well to say "when in Rome" but what about living in the 21st century. You, lemoncake, and the Golden's owner cannot justify his inconsiderate actions on that is the way it was. This is 2012, not 1912, and we have to be more considerate of other people and stop being totally selfish.

You say the German should "fit in". I say it is the Thai, living in a modern, crowded, westernized, housing estate that should fit in and remember that he is no longer living in a grass hut in the middle of a rice field.

The law suit was in retaliation to the Golden's owners charges. I believe it is called a counter-suit. Had the Thai not pressed charges the German wouldn't have either. The 300,000 asked for may be stupid but so is the Thai's claim. Ask for something stupid and you'll get something stupid back.

I am not defending the German's actions. What I am defending is the right for people to be able to walk, with or without their leashed dog, freely and unhindered along a public street WITHOUT being harassed by some vicious pet or mangy mutt on the loose. ALL DOGS SHOULD BE BEHIND CLOSED GATES IN URBAN AREAS UNLESS ON A LEASH.

Thai ate truly blessed with your presence in their country.

You are joking right?

You can not possibly be saying that because Thai lives in a townhouse they should adopt western ways?

You can not possibly be saying that in an estate filled with Thai and I foreigner , the Thai should change?

What you feel and how you treat people does not mean Thai should do the same, even though you deeply believe so.

As I have said many times, German could take his dog out of the estate for walks, bring a squirt gun or look for other alternatives instead of having same thoughts as you that Thai should change for him.

If you can not handle migration stay in your home country because no one owes you anything and if one does not have enough brain cells to think, there is no one to blame but one's self

PS. You call sathahip urban ? Have you been there? It's a navy town, certainly designed for navy personnel not a German expat

PPS. Hope you have sent out a memo already to all the Thai living in estates advising them to adopt western way of thinking and if they do not change to go back to villages .

PPPS. So far I have seen only savagely murdered dog by the German and no evidence or witnesses of his dog injury from the so called attacks nor is there any witnesses to his injury being caused by golden prior to him brutally killing the dog. Funny that no witnesses at all and no medical bills to show

Thais do seem to like me because I have bothered to learn their language and their culture. They also appreciate my point of view, (be considerate of your neighbors), when it comes to living in crowded places such as western style housing estates.

I'm not joking at all.

I never said Thais should adopt western ideals. I did say that in crowded western style housing estates one needs to be considerate of ones neighbors. You and the Golden's owner seem to fail to grasp this thinking that you can do just as you please.

So it is OK, by your understanding, for all Thais to act just as they please and have no consideration for anybody else!

I never said that Thai should change for the German alone. The Thais must change for themselves as well. How do you expect people to live together in harmony if all they think of is themselves. Had the Golden's owner given but one seconds thought to what may happen if he let his violent dog to freely roam the street and realized that the responsible thing to do was keep it behind his closed gate then none of this would happen.

I would suggest that is you, the Golden's owner and all other that allow there dogs to roam freely to start to think and behave responsibly to your neighbors. It seems obvious from your posts that you have little if any consideration for your neighbors expecting them to go out of their way just to satisfy your selfish need to allow dogs to roam freely.

Of course Sattahip is urban. Being a naval town does not make it rural. Bangkok is a business city ... does that mean that retirees cannot live there?

I am not going to get into any discussion about the death of the Golden. My point of view is only that it would never have happened had the Golden's owner acted responsibly to his pet and his neighbors and kept it off of public land.

ahh the never ending come back from TV posters about speaking the language and knowing the culturerolleyes.gif which clearly you do not , seems 99.9% people on here speak fluent Thai, but ANYHOW.

It is really irrelevant what i think, because it is not going to change the way thai society works, nor do i think being an internet warrior will change it.

Since you feel so strongly about that, why did you not go to his house to defend him?Why no one came to his defense besides his soon to be ex girlfriend?

Now you keep posting the same rubbish that Golden was violent? Any witnesses? any medical bills for the Rotti? for all you know Golden galloped towards him and his dog to make friends, but being brainless idiot that he is, he made it into a problem

Where does it say Golden pooped and owner did not pick it up?

Where does it say that i let my dogs roam free?

Is it possible you just posting rubbish?whistling.gif

But again, since you speak Thai and know the culture well as you stated, why did you not go to his house to support him? It's all nice to be an internet warrior with your western values and morals, NOW go put it into practice and educate those selfish, irresponsible Thai's on how to live in harmony and adopt Western way of lifethumbsup.gif

PS. I know it takes a genius to put a dog into a car or on a bike and take it for walks else where to avoid problems, it would be a real pooper to take the dog out to an open area to let it run free and play.

I most certainly do understand Thai culture and language. Regarding the former I never said I agreed with it all but that I just understood it. You however do not seem to understand what has been written here. You never defend what you have previously written that has been shot down in a reply by myself (e.g. urban). I can only contend that you have given in and accept my reasoning on those items. However you continually drivel on about it being Thailand and everything is up to the Thais. But don't you get it even the Thais can get pissed off and it is their unspoken side I am taking. In the area of 100 houses where I live the majority of Thais and Farang keep their dogs behind closed gates and control the barking. It is just a few inconsiderate people who don't "follow the rules" and allow their dogs to roam freely starting barking matches outside of someones gate. If those few just showed some responsibility and consideration then the whole area would be able to live in peace and harmony. But you however seem to think that letting a dog out on to the street is OK just because the owner is Thai and this is Thailand. A fine mess that would have been in 1939 if the British had said "oh its only Germany and Poland, nothing to do with us".

Nowhere in my post have I mentioned the Golden's poop. Sorry if I thought incorrectly that you allow your dogs to roam freely. Forgive me for thinking that you practice what you preach.

Regarding the attack by the Golden: haven't you seen the photos of the injuries sustained by the German? There may not have been any injuries to the Rotti, but that doesn't mean the Golden didn't attack it. It just means the German was able to defend his property.

When it comes to posting rubbish you surely take first prize. Dog owners must take responsibility for the actions of their pets. To safeguard against incidents such as this post is all about and to show consideration for their neighbors their dogs SHOULD NOT be allowed to freely roam public areas. End of story. Thai or not, be considerate of your neighbors. Keep unleashed dogs off the street. It is safer for the pet as well as the human population.

I have NEVER stated that Thais should take a western perspective on life. Please stop saying I have. I am stating that Thais, and Farang alike, need to show more consideration for their neighbors especially those that live in crowded housing estates. If having consideration for your neighbors and responsibility to your pet is a western ideal that can be ignored here in the east then you need to reexamine your morals. Consideration and responsibility should apply world wide and not just in the west.

If you consider it so easy for the German to take his dog out in a car and take walks elsewhere then so to it should be easy for the Golden's owner to do the same and show some consideration for his neighbors and responsibility towards his pet.. How do you like that for a bit of your favorite VICA VERSA.

Again because you don't seem to have got the point. I am NOT defending the German. I am defending the right of people to walk PUBLIC streets, with or without a leashed dog, in safety and NOT be harassed by pets or mangy mutts on the loose. It is time for humans to take back control of the streets we built. When a dog can show me his annual taxes and land ownership papers I might start to take some notice. Until then it is OUR (human) street not the dogs.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 2

Over reaction, and a gruesome reaction, but I can't say I blame him. These dogs running around everywhere are a total menace. And before some beardy cretin in orange trousers says that's Buddhism and if you don't like it go home, it isn't Buddhism at all - it's a slovenly abrogation of personal responsibility. Spain in the 70s and 80s was full of rabid stray dogs. As was Yugoslavia in the early 2000s. Neither are Buddhist.

Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan are largely Buddhist and don't have similar problems to anything like the same degree.

As for suing them for 300,000 THB. If he has half a brain in his head he doesn't expect to see a single satang of that, he's just going on the offensive, setting out his position so that they reach a final agreement that isn't along the lines of "you're foreign so you pay." Good on him.

Petty Officer I would take to mean he works on a ship rather than being a member of the police or armed forces, but open to being corrected.

Okay :) Petty Officer is a non commisioned naval rank equivalent to that of sergeant in the British Army. Lots of sailors in Sattahip with lots of face to protect ;)
  • Like 1

I most certainly do understand Thai culture and language. Regarding the former I never said I agreed with it all but that I just understood it. You however do not seem to understand what has been written here. You never defend what you have previously written that has been shot down in a reply by myself (e.g. urban). I can only contend that you have given in and accept my reasoning on those items. However you continually drivel on about it being Thailand and everything is up to the Thais. But don't you get it even the Thais can get pissed off and it is their unspoken side I am taking. In the area of 100 houses where I live the majority of Thais and Farang keep their dogs behind closed gates and control the barking. It is just a few inconsiderate people who don't "follow the rules" and allow their dogs to roam freely starting barking matches outside of someones gate. If those few just showed some responsibility and consideration then the whole area would be able to live in peace and harmony. But you however seem to think that letting a dog out on to the street is OK just because the owner is Thai and this is Thailand. A fine mess that would have been in 1939 if the British had said "oh its only Germany and Poland, nothing to do with us".

Nowhere in my post have I mentioned the Golden's poop. Sorry if I thought incorrectly that you allow your dogs to roam freely. Forgive me for thinking that you practice what you preach.

Regarding the attack by the Golden: haven't you seen the photos of the injuries sustained by the German? There may not have been any injuries to the Rotti, but that doesn't mean the Golden didn't attack it. It just means the German was able to defend his property.

When it comes to posting rubbish you surely take first prize. Dog owners must take responsibility for the actions of their pets. To safeguard against incidents such as this post is all about and to show consideration for their neighbors their dogs SHOULD NOT be allowed to freely roam public areas. End of story. Thai or not, be considerate of your neighbors. Keep unleashed dogs off the street. It is safer for the pet as well as the human population.

I have NEVER stated that Thais should take a western perspective on life. Please stop saying I have. I am stating that Thais, and Farang alike, need to show more consideration for their neighbors especially those that live in crowded housing estates. If having consideration for your neighbors and responsibility to your pet is a western ideal that can be ignored here in the east then you need to reexamine your morals. Consideration and responsibility should apply world wide and not just in the west.

If you consider it so easy for the German to take his dog out in a car and take walks elsewhere then so to it should be easy for the Golden's owner to do the same and show some consideration for his neighbors and responsibility towards his pet.. How do you like that for a bit of your favorite VICA VERSA.

Yes you clearly understand Thai culture and the language just as everyone else on this forumcheesy.gif

In regards to your"urban' it does not a deserve a response because your reasoning is just as silly as it gets.

From your response "Of course Sattahip is urban. Being a naval town does not make it rural. Bangkok is a business city ... does that mean that retirees cannot live there?"

Retirees can live in BKK but can not expect for town to slow down or to turn it down just to suit them. You chose where you live and adopt, you do not move into a new area and start to make changes or expect changes because you have moved.

One thing you just refuse to comprehend for some unknown reason is that it is you and me and the german who have migrated in Thailand, NOT other way around.

You can assimilate into the new country and culture or you can live as an outcast, it is really your choice.

Yes many Thai's do not like it but keep their mouth shut and put up with it, YET here you are being an internet warrior spouting how it should be.

FIne, if it should be different, go and make it happen, instead of spending all your time behind the computer.

Go organize the Thai's and make the changerolleyes.gif

Interestingly you have also chosen to ignore my 2 questions put to you, which were

1. Why did you not go to his house to support him?

2. Why there was not even 1 witness or anyone to support him or his claims?

IF you want to continue to debate, please stick to the facts and provide

1.evidence or witness accounts that Golden caused all the injury in the photo prior to being stabbed to death

2.evidence or witnesses that indeed the injury's shown were inflicted by the Golden and not self inflicted or caused by his own dog or other dogs.

3. Evidence or witnesses who support the "story" that golden attacked his dog?

4. Evidence or witnesses that he did not walk his dog past the gates or Golden and did try to avoid the conflict.

5. Evidence or witnesses of what he did or try to do to avoid the conflict

6.Explain why such a big man as him, sent out his girlfriend to defend him infront of a mob, a real man would surely come out and deal with it himself, do not you think, he is the ones who caused the problem

7. Explain why he managed to put together pictorama, but did not show or attach one medical bill?

Everything that you have read is from his words, there is not even 1 person to collaborate the story of attacks etc.

The ONLY point i have is that if there was a problem, it is his responsibility to look for ways to avoid further problem, instead of walking into it.

You said "Dog owners must take responsibility for the actions of their pets"

So what has he done to avoid the problem? insist on walking his dog past the Golden?whistling.gif and before you come back with the same nonsense of Golden being violent please provide statement from witnesses who confirm this theory.

Thai visa seems to have no shortage of internet warriors who spout daily what should be changed and how it should be done with the rest of the drivel,

WELL GO AND DO IT, start a campaign, or just something as little as facebook pagerolleyes.gif

Yes you clearly understand Thai culture and the language just as everyone else on this forumcheesy.gif

In regards to your"urban' it does not a deserve a response because your reasoning is just as silly as it gets.

From your response "Of course Sattahip is urban. Being a naval town does not make it rural. Bangkok is a business city ... does that mean that retirees cannot live there?"

Retirees can live in BKK but can not expect for town to slow down or to turn it down just to suit them. You chose where you live and adopt, you do not move into a new area and start to make changes or expect changes because you have moved.

One thing you just refuse to comprehend for some unknown reason is that it is you and me and the german who have migrated in Thailand, NOT other way around.

You can assimilate into the new country and culture or you can live as an outcast, it is really your choice.

Yes many Thai's do not like it but keep their mouth shut and put up with it, YET here you are being an internet warrior spouting how it should be.

FIne, if it should be different, go and make it happen, instead of spending all your time behind the computer.

Interestingly you have also chosen to ignore my 2 questions put to you, which were

1.evidence or witness accounts that Golden caused all the injury in the photo prior to being stabbed to death

2.evidence or witnesses that indeed the injury's shown were inflicted by the Golden and not self inflicted or caused by his own dog or other dogs.

4. Evidence or witnesses that he did not walk his dog past the gates or Golden and did try to avoid the conflict.

6.Explain why such a big man as him, sent out his girlfriend to defend him infront of a mob, a real man would surely come out and deal with it himself, do not you think, he is the ones who caused the problem

7. Explain why he managed to put together pictorama, but did not show or attach one medical bill?

Everything that you have read is from his words, there is not even 1 person to collaborate the story of attacks etc.

The ONLY point i have is that if there was a problem, it is his responsibility to look for ways to avoid further problem, instead of walking into it.

So what has he done to avoid the problem? insist on walking his dog past the Golden?whistling.gif and before you come back with the same nonsense of Golden being violent please provide statement from witnesses who confirm this theory.

Thai visa seems to have no shortage of internet warriors who spout daily what should be changed and how it should be done with the rest of the drivel,

WELL GO AND DO IT, start a campaign, or just something as little as facebook pagerolleyes.gif

To continue the debate you are asking keesters to prove your points 1 through 7. What proof in those points are you going to bring to that debate?

A point that I picked up in the article in the other paper. It relates to your point 6. His girlfriend or wife, can't remember approached the protesters with an invitation for a representative to come inside and discuss it with the man. They declined.

To continue the debate you are asking keesters to prove your points 1 through 7. What proof in those points are you going to bring to that debate?

A point that I picked up in the article in the other paper. It relates to your point 6. His girlfriend or wife, can't remember approached the protesters with an invitation for a representative to come inside and discuss it with the man. They declined.

I do not need to provide any evidence because i am not the one defending german's behavior.

thats nice of her to invite them in, did she offer to make them a cup of tea alsorolleyes.gif , he caused the problem, he should have been the one outside defending his actions, not sending out his gf to show pics of what supposedly is bites from an attack, only no medical bills or witnesses to support it.

so he was man enough to stab a dog 17 times, but not man enough to confront a few people? yeah lets make him a hero nowbah.gif

• Like 1

So far I have seen only savagely murdered dog by the German and no evidence or witnesses of his dog injury from the so called attacks nor is there any witnesses to his injury being caused by golden prior to him brutally killing the dog. Funny that no witnesses at all and no medical bills to show

That is a =Good point!=

The so many time attacked Rotti, did never had some injuries sustained from the prolonged, vicious attacks?

worth and needy to go to a Doctor a clinic for healing, maybe stitching?

Surprisingly not.rolleyes.gif

I had a bunch of dogs and it happened more than once, that the Boxer did not back down enough from the heavier Dogue de Bordeoux,

the outcome, deep bite marks on the Boxer, which needed at two or three occasions stitching.

One young Thai Doctor made that even without anesthetic, not even local! emo12.gif

But with a muzzle for sure!

It happened always so fast, no reaction beforehand possible.

I had to separate the two dogs later permanently, as the Boxer started to look same Herman monster with his stitch and bite marks!blink.png

Seems, the German could control the Retriever to not come to near and overreacted than at the incident.

Same I wrote before, he, the German, was, as I think angry and disappointed,

that his Rotti could not control the situation, was-is a wimp and the Retriever had taken advantage of that fact.

So, decides to end that shameful situation by himself.whistling.gif

The bite marks on him, happened, as I understand during the stabbing not before!

I do not need to provide any evidence because i am not the one defending german's behavior.

And neither am I. For the third and last time, and not in defense of the German; it would be better that all dogs were kept off of public property except when leashed. If that simple rule that shows responsibility towards your pet and consideration for your neighbors had been followed then none of this would have happened. I am not going to provide any answers to your points because none of them have any bearing on my thoughts. NO UNLEASHED DOGS ON PUBLIC PROPERTY. Anything but this is inconsiderate and selfish. All of my, urban living, Thai friends agree. Have you got it yet lemonhead? That is what I said in the first place and that is what I say now. The rest including just about everything you have said is irrelevant.

Just not worthy of a reply as it has nothing if little to do with "DOGS SHOULD NOT BE ON PUBLIC LAND EXCEPT WHEN LEASHED" which is the one and only point I was making. The rest is irrelevant drivel by lemonhead.e.g. mixing up urban and rural with navy. The last has nothing to do with the first two.

Edited by Keesters

I was outraged by the German's actions.

This ices the cake.

The fact is he can attempt any legal wriggling he likes but the real consequences of his actions are waiting in the wings. In the darkness. Where no one will see.

Firstly, he is currently on borrowed time. Something bad is coming his way for sure.

Any navel personall have ways and means to add influence, after all, they are totally respectable citizens. Legal means can be countered, especially in such an emotive case where a falang is clearly in the wrong. Then there re swift and effective other Thai means.

The bottom line is street justice awaits this moron. Every Thai dog lover is offended. One hot headed male, with 8 mates in tow, just needs to take things into his own hands and that stupid German is going to be eating his bratwurst through a straw for the next few months. If he survives his visitation.

I hope he gets the hospital diet sooner rather than later. Mentioning his mental health only compounds dealing with some one off the wall. He clearly doesn't act rationally.

He is a dead man walking and each step only takes him nearer to his destiny.

I remember the Brit who urinated on a religious icon in Pattaya. He was attacked and robbed as a consequence and espite a TV appearence pleading forgiveness had no option but to leave Thailand.

Dog lovers will not let this one go. He's messing with a Navy personell. His address is known. He'd be better on a seat on a plane than in a box on a plane.

Wow. Anyone would think he committed mass murder. Do you maintain the same outrage when Thais kill dogs, like, every day?

If you are advocating, hoping that he gets a hospital diet, puts you in the same, no worse category, as you are wishing harm to a human.

Justice is coming from respectible naval citizens that can add influence. What sort of drivel is that?

What,has the Brit got to do with this?

And neither am I. For the third and last time, and not in defense of the German; it would be better that all dogs were kept off of public property except when leashed. If that simple rule that shows responsibility towards your pet and consideration for your neighbors had been followed then none of this would have happened. I am not going to provide any answers to your points because none of them have any bearing on my thoughts. NO UNLEASHED DOGS ON PUBLIC PROPERTY. Anything but this is inconsiderate and selfish. All of my, urban living, Thai friends agree. Have you got it yet lemonhead? That is what I said in the first place and that is what I say now. The rest including just about everything you have said is irrelevant.

i never said that they should not, but they are not! one with any brain and common sense would look for ways to work around it, instead of in to it

Just not worthy of a reply as it has nothing if little to do with "DOGS SHOULD NOT BE ON PUBLIC LAND EXCEPT WHEN LEASHED" which is the one and only point I was making. The rest is irrelevant drivel by lemonhead.e.g. mixing up urban and rural with navy. The last has nothing to do with the first two.

well thats interesting, when i shoot down all your "useless" points, all you can come up with is this?, good on ya.w00t.gif

PS. have a law somewhere in Thailand that the dogs should be leashed on public land? if not, who are you to tell that the dogs should be leashed, just a thoughtthumbsup.gif

PPS. I do not believe street inside the village is public land, so there goes yet another one of your great statements.

While the dog being killed is unsavoury, and the guy displayed a Thai version of restraint, why is there a big hue and cry from these activists?

Thais poison dogs all the time. Perhaps because this guy is a foreigner.

Probably the first correct comment (s) on this thread.

Edited by johnlandy

A whole series of racist remarks have been removed from view. The next one like that will earn the member a posting holiday.

Please abide by forum rules:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

Whew...

I would not hesitate to kill any dog who attacked me or threatened me.

These animal do good-ers (most likely family of the person most likely to have to cough up 300k) have gone tropo and off this planet.

In a civilized country, the dog would have been put down (killed) by Government authorities.

These people are outrageous. The lesson learnt here is that after you get bitten, in Thailand it is easier to smile and then poison them.

Anyone that removes the dangerous dogs that are left to roam Thai roads at all hours, IMO deserves a medal. I daren't go for a walk around my neighbourhood, and have to carry a big stick to go out on my bike.

Thai animal protection group protests German's killing of dog

BANGKOK: -- A Thai animal protection group on Friday protested outside the German embassy in Bangkok against the stabbing death of a dog last month allegedly by a German national.

About 50 members of the Call for Animal Rights Thailand and Animal Lovers in Thailand gathered outside the embassy to pass a warning letter to Gert Alfred Grewe, 65, a resident of Thailand who was accused of killing a golden retriever last month after it attacked his pet Rottweiler.

Veena Jitassa, a spokeswoman for the group, charged that Grewe had stabbed the dog 17 times and said the organisation wants him to have a mental examination.

The embassy and Grewe were not immediately available for comment.

According to Thai media reports, Grewe stabbed the retriever, named QQ, November 12 while walking his Rottweiler in Sattahip, Chonburi province, about 100 kilometres south-east of Bangkok.

Grewe was fined 1,000 baht (30 dollars) for destroying another person’s property. He has reportedly threatened a lawsuit against the retriever’s owner, seeking 300,000 baht (9,674 dollars) in compensation for injuries he allegedly sustained from QQ.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-21

I have to say The german man was not very good at weapon selection. A good solid piece of wood or possibly a sand wedge, would been better. If you are gonna grab a knife to kill something get the biggest one you got, not a 3 inch kitchen knife.

Interesting. yesterday I was behind an SUV that braked as a dog ran in front of it. Dog panicked and ran back and was run over. The SUV would of known as he briefly again braked, but decided not to stop. The dog was in agony and another Thai just grabbed it by the leg and pulled it off the road and walked away; it died a few minutes later.

Perhaps these protestors need to focus on educating the wonderful, caring Thai dog lovers as a priority...

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

As ever, most posters miss the point by trying to determine which party was more in the wrong on the partial information provided.

This is Thailand and the key thing that determines who is in the wrong is the relative social status of each party and how far they wish to pursue it.

Sorry Veena animals have no rights. Human beings have rights. Animals should not be mistreated but they simply have no rights.

Huh!!!! Try saying that about most western countries where animals are protected by LAW, as they should be.

BTW, in some countries humans have no rights either.

"Rights" is a human conception, and does not exist in nature.

Sorry Veena animals have no rights. Human beings have rights. Animals should not be mistreated but they simply have no rights.

Huh!!!! Try saying that about most western countries where animals are protected by LAW, as they should be.

Exactly. Only humans have rights.

Not so. Rights are a theory, and only exist where the lords and masters choose to allow them.

Not so. Rights are a theory, and only exist where the lords and masters choose to allow them.

Ok no problem. You have your opinion and I have mine.