Cops Dealt Drugs From Police Pick-Up: Chalerm

Lite Beer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Chalerm claimed that he would personally stamp out drugs and trafficking in Thailand he was only referring to private enterprise infringing on what has been the the major cash cow for corrupt officials and the forces of law and order.

Looks like these lad struck out on their own. Not team players.

• Like 2

Why would BiB stop and search one of their own trucks? Almost without exception I am waved straight through police checkpoints so this instance puzzles me. Would it be because commission wasn't paid for transporting through somebody else's patch?

When collecting medication at the hospital pharmacy I am always asked if I have any allergies. I always answer 'only the police'. It never fails to get a laugh.

• Like 1

The whole Thai police force needs to be dismantled and put back together as a crime-busting, non-criminal, nonpartisan operation that does its job independently.

That should include banning police, retired or otherwise, from holding any political post.

That would reek havoc upon all the police who bought their positions.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good question. If they get fired do they get their graft, sorry,deposit returned?

No because it's far smaller that the graft they received.

Disappointed ,,,,,from the headline ,I thought they were dumb enough to actually be selling the stuff from the back of the pick-up , bit like pineapples ! Seems they were only moving it down to BKK ....

Just had this mental picture of an ice cream truck driving around village, music blaring, kids running after it enmasse with a 5 baht coin clutched in their little hand. For a moment, selling Ice took on a different meaning. saai.gif

The whole Thai police force needs to be dismantled and put back together as a crime-busting, non-criminal, nonpartisan operation that does its job independently.

That should include banning police, retired or otherwise, from holding any political post.

It will never happen under Thaksin's watch.

The Royal Thai Police force should be forced to remove the "Royal" from their name until they are worthy of it.

I agree wholeheartedly. To me to place the word Royal in front of the words Thai police is the ultimate case

of less majeste.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I'm afraid you're very right

When Chalerm claimed that he would personally stamp out drugs and trafficking in Thailand he was only referring to private enterprise infringing on what has been the the major cash cow for corrupt officials and the forces of law and order.

Looks like these lad struck out on their own. Not team players.

Quick question to one and all. How does anyone think that a policeman (Chalerm) can aquire the funds (one million USD) to buy a Bentley on a police salary?

Well this raises an interesting point. What would be the path to rid Thai people of the police leeches upon their backs??

Mass demonstrations ??? Not easy with most people terrified of the police.

A change to a new government? Nope, every government seems to be quite happy to leave the police alone...

Civil disobedience on a mass scale regarding the money collection policies of the police? Maybe... Think the only way to hurt

the police is to stop the flow of money to them. Of course since they now seem to be in the drug business guess it would be hard

to stop their flow of money.

Well this raises an interesting point. What would be the path to rid Thai people of the police leeches upon their backs??

Mass demonstrations ??? Not easy with most people terrified of the police.

A change to a new government? Nope, every government seems to be quite happy to leave the police alone...

Civil disobedience on a mass scale regarding the money collection policies of the police? Maybe... Think the only way to hurt

the police is to stop the flow of money to them. Of course since they now seem to be in the drug business guess it would be hard

to stop their flow of money.

Interesting question. Actually the coup government did try to instigate a major reform of the police. Predictably, senior police were very vocal against it with the addition of retired police officers - all of which could see a huge reduction in their 'earnings'. The idea was quietly dropped.

Pity, because any real reform would substantially boost the pay of the lower ranks who have to pass on most of their extorted earnings up the chain.

• Like 1

1 million pills that would have taken a fair bit of time to count !

There's a new invention on the market now called scales. You use them for weighing. First you weigh the total quantity of pills. Then you weigh one individual pill. Then comes the tough part. You divide the larger weight by the smaller weight. The answer is... wait for it... the total number of pills. No, it's not magic; it's called mathematics.

I know this because I've just been teaching my Grade 4 class about it.

If you're interested, I do private tutoring for US$30 an hour.

If you're interested, I do private tutoring in irony for $300 an hour.

1 million pills that would have taken a fair bit of time to count !

There's a new invention on the market now called scales. You use them for weighing. First you weigh the total quantity of pills. Then you weigh one individual pill. Then comes the tough part. You divide the larger weight by the smaller weight. The answer is... wait for it... the total number of pills. No, it's not magic; it's called mathematics.

I know this because I've just been teaching my Grade 4 class about it.

If you're interested, I do private tutoring for US$30 an hour.

If you're interested, I do private tutoring in irony for $300 an hour.

Me $3. coffee1.gif

I thought Chalerm wanted them all executed within 15 days. Does that not apply to coppers?

That is an excellent point. I had forgotten about his swift 15 day period between getting caught dealing drugs, and the execution

of the dealers. Guess we will get to see the level of blindness of Thai justice towards the background of the criminals.....

Hahaha already know the answer to that one. A bit of noise to save face, a conviction, then an appeal where they go free,

and then the whole case quietly fades away. The double standard has been refined to an art form in Thailand.....

I did some internet searching to see if ANY Thai policeman had ever been executed in Thailand for a capital crime, but could find nothing to indicate that had occurred. My personal opinion is that policemen who actually go to jail due to the fact their crime received major publicity, will spend some time in jail, wait for the publicity to die down, and then quietly walk out the back of the prison.

I would like to prove this, but do not want to put my life at risk by doing so.......smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I thought Chalerm wanted them all executed within 15 days. Does that not apply to coppers?

That is an excellent point. I had forgotten about his swift 15 day period between getting caught dealing drugs, and the execution

of the dealers. Guess we will get to see the level of blindness of Thai justice towards the background of the criminals.....

Hahaha already know the answer to that one. A bit of noise to save face, a conviction, then an appeal where they go free,

and then the whole case quietly fades away. The double standard has been refined to an art form in Thailand.....

I did some internet searching to see if ANY Thai policeman had ever been executed in Thailand, but could find nothing to indicate that had occurred.

That is not Art!

You thought wrong.

Minister Chalerm never called for summary executions. He suggested that Thailand needed a revised procedure in respect to the appeals process.The comments were made to PTP party members and was at the discussion stage. His proposal was to reduce the delays associated with appeals. The death sentence would only be carried out after a trial and an unsuccessful appeal. When the miinster made his comments, he was directing his comments at the drug dealing networks in prison that are run by convicted drug offenders. Apparently, there are a number of drug dealers in prison that still are in the drug business. Do you think that if a Minister brings forward a suggestion for discussion within his political party that it instantaneously becomes an enforceable edict?

The proposed legal amendment is not the law of the land, and there is still the issue of whether or not such a an amendment would even be enforceable as it might be unconstitutional.

You thought wrong.

Minister Chalerm never called for summary executions. He suggested that Thailand needed a revised procedure in respect to the appeals process.The comments were made to PTP party members and was at the discussion stage. His proposal was to reduce the delays associated with appeals. The death sentence would only be carried out after a trial and an unsuccessful appeal. When the miinster made his comments, he was directing his comments at the drug dealing networks in prison that are run by convicted drug offenders. Apparently, there are a number of drug dealers in prison that still are in the drug business. Do you think that if a Minister brings forward a suggestion for discussion within his political party that it instantaneously becomes an enforceable edict?

The proposed legal amendment is not the law of the land, and there is still the issue of whether or not such a an amendment would even be enforceable as it might be unconstitutional.

You are correct. Charlerm proposed executing people within 15 days from when they lost their court appeal. But as Chalerm wished to appear draconian in order to strike fear into the drug dealers, I suspect the trial and appeal process would be fairly quick.....Thai police are famous for beating confessions out of suspects in order to shorten trials, I wonder if that applies to one of their own....

Edited by EyesWideOpen