Beer Promo Ladies; Tiger, Heineken, Etc..

The commission is a pittance and not worth doing the job just for this alone most get payed also from the bar or restaurant and then they make the real money in extra curricular activities smile.png

The commission is a pittance and not worth doing the job just for this alone most get payed also from the bar or restaurant and then they make the real money in extra curricular activities smile.png

Bull sh**, bars don't pay them, customers pay extra when they chat or try to off them. The are called PL (pretty ladies) in Thai and they are paid about 100 baht per day with the permission to sell themselves (and the product)!!!

You obviously don't know what you are talking about but carry on mr know all!!

Clearly, neither do you.

Over the years I have become good friends with a number of the beer girls (7 or more), and NONE of them would even think of going with a customer for money, both Thai or farang. These are just normal girls, usually going to school making part time money at night. To assume they are looking for "business" is just ignorance.

For some posters those are the only types of girls they know. :(

So their viewpoint is a bit restricted. whistling.gif

Beer girls are very much a ‘Thai’ thing.

Hardly any of these girls speak a word of English and they would be uncomfortable being chatted up by farangs – especially of the middle aged, pot-bellied, bald variety.

These girls are not particularly well educated and mostly come from the provinces, and their employment prospects are limited. So if they have a pretty face, then they can sometimes find work as beer girls.

As has already been stated in this thread, most of them work for agencies and get a small basic wage, plus some form of bonus based on number of beers sold. They also look for tips and the rest is up to them.

I think that a reasonable percentage of them are amenable to going out with a Thai customer, if he speaks nicely and if the girl likes him. There is certainly no pressure from the employers to indulge in extra curricular activities.

It is much like the attractive ladies who work as ‘hostesses’ in large Thai restaurants, and show customers to their seats. If you regularly patronise a particular restaurant, you will find that most of the pretty ladies are rarely there for long. Most of them are looking for a rich Thai benefactor or boyfriend.

Thai night clubs is another ‘Thai thing’. Most of the hostesses are looking for customers to sleep with, but not all of them. Some are just after drinks and tips.

In all the above situations, the level and frequency of ‘sex for money’ activity is much lower than would be found in a typical ‘western’ bar.

All part of the rich pattern of Thai life…..

Making it up as you go along are you? All supposition from line 1 onwards.

No it is not a 'Thai' thing.

Plenty of beer sponsorship girls in Hong Kong.

You should get out more.

Edited by yoshiwara

Beer girls are very much a ‘Thai’ thing.

Hardly any of these girls speak a word of English and they would be uncomfortable being chatted up by farangs – especially of the middle aged, pot-bellied, bald variety.

These girls are not particularly well educated and mostly come from the provinces, and their employment prospects are limited. So if they have a pretty face, then they can sometimes find work as beer girls.

As has already been stated in this thread, most of them work for agencies and get a small basic wage, plus some form of bonus based on number of beers sold. They also look for tips and the rest is up to them.

I think that a reasonable percentage of them are amenable to going out with a Thai customer, if he speaks nicely and if the girl likes him. There is certainly no pressure from the employers to indulge in extra curricular activities.

It is much like the attractive ladies who work as ‘hostesses’ in large Thai restaurants, and show customers to their seats. If you regularly patronise a particular restaurant, you will find that most of the pretty ladies are rarely there for long. Most of them are looking for a rich Thai benefactor or boyfriend.

Thai night clubs is another ‘Thai thing’. Most of the hostesses are looking for customers to sleep with, but not all of them. Some are just after drinks and tips.

In all the above situations, the level and frequency of ‘sex for money’ activity is much lower than would be found in a typical ‘western’ bar.

All part of the rich pattern of Thai life…..

Making it up as you go along are you? All supposition from line 1 onwards.

No it is not a 'Thai' thing.

Plenty of beer sponsorship girls in Hong Kong.

You should get out more.

No - I am not making it up as I go along.

You completely misunderstood my reference to it being a 'Thai thing'.

I was referring to the situation, as it exists, with beer girls in Thailand, and in no way was suggesting that Thailand was the only country that has beer girls.

I am quite sure that dozens of countries have 'beer girls' but whether they are employed on the same basis and from the same strata of society and have the same interaction with customers - local and foreigners, as they do here is irrelevant, as we are discussing Thailand.

I am quite sure that I have 'got out' a lot more in my long life than you have,and your crass insinuations were unjustified and uncalled for.

• Like 2

Mobi: Beer girls are very much a ‘Thai’ thing.

So you have never been to Cambodia, Vietnam Or China then?

Goodness me! How many times do I have to repeat myself.

'Thai thing' refers to the way the beer girls in Thailand are hired and how they do - or don't - supplement their income, with particular reference to the fact that any interaction with customers is 'Thai to Thai' and very rarely 'Thai to farang'. That is why it is a 'Thai thing' . Similar to what exists at Thai nightclubs unless the farang speaks fluent Thai and is used to being in such places and understands the way things are done. (The 'Thai' way).

Clear now?

It has nothing to do with beer girls in other countries.....

• Like 1

'Thai thing' refers to the way the beer girls in Thailand are hired and how they do - or don't - supplement their income, with particular reference to the fact that any interaction with customers is 'Thai to Thai' and very rarely 'Thai to farang'. That is why it is a 'Thai thing' . Similar to what exists at Thai nightclubs unless the farang speaks fluent Thai and is used to being in such places and understands the way things are done. (The 'Thai' way).

Clear now?

It has nothing to do with beer girls in other countries.....

In all the time I have been here and all the joints I have frequented, I have never seen beer girls in any place that caters to farangs.

As Mobi says they are to be found in Thai places.

Go to places such as Lat Prao, Srinakarin, New Petchaburi and Ratchada in Bkk these girls are all over the place, never seen them in the farang ghetto of Sukhumvit.

Edited by rgs2001uk

A pleasant trawl through, good start to the day but still not sure if they are there for my benefit or not, its a bit of a hindrance for them if all conversation have to go through the wife! She , the wife, keeps saying things like " if you look you die!" or similar, strange place at times, Thailand,blink.png

In all the time I have been here and all the joints I have frequented, I have never seen beer girls in any place that caters to farangs.

Go to places such as Lat Prao, Srinakarin, New Petchaburi and Ratchada in Bkk these girls are all over the place, never seen them in the farang ghetto of Sukhumvit.

Huh? They work in the decent restaurants and pubs between Sukhumvit to Asoke and beyond, the ones where the clientele is virtually all farang or mostly non- Thai. My buddy on his first ever Bangkok trip fell in love with the charming Miss Heineken that was working at Bully's. Most weekends and special sports nights, they are downstairs at the Huntsman Pub under the Landmark Hotel. Also some have served me at The Londoner further up the street. There's usually a couple working at Hanrahan's on Soi 4. Is that 'farang ghetto' or what?

• Like 2

Cheers, everyonethumbsup.gif

post-25991-0-78354000-1355729343_thumb.j

post-25991-0-65289700-1355729352_thumb.j

Strewth Mobi....! Those Cheers girls look as cheap as the piss they are promoting.

But the contribution is greatly appreciated,... aint it so David?

I believe that Thai Visa has a very diversified membership ... and discuss a variety of topics.

I'm very much in favour of the Thread being explored extensively with many member contributions.

You can 'blether' a lot ... but they say a photo says a 1,000 words ... so close the mouth and share the photos ... biggrin.png

... what I don't understand why the guys turn this into a pissing contest. Instead enjoy that what nature has given us ... licklips.gif

post-104736-0-93968300-1355896808_thumb.

http://www.flickr.co...811/8208505218/

BTW ... not my photo ... but wai.gif to the photographer

EDIT ... the photo didn't load, so had to add it manually ... thumbsup.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Cheers, everyonethumbsup.gif

post-25991-0-78354000-1355729343_thumb.j

post-25991-0-65289700-1355729352_thumb.j

Strewth Mobi....! Those Cheers girls look as cheap as the piss they are promoting.

But the contribution is greatly appreciated,... aint it so David?

I believe that Thai Visa has a very diversified membership ... and discuss a variety of topics.

I'm very much in favour of the Thread being explored extensively with many member contributions.

You can 'blether' a lot ... but they say a photo says a 1,000 words ... so close the mouth and share the photos ... biggrin.png

... what I don't understand why the guys turn this into a pissing contest. Instead enjoy that what nature has given us ... licklips.gif

post-104736-0-93968300-1355896808_thumb.

http://www.flickr.co...811/8208505218/

BTW ... not my photo ... but wai.gif to the photographer

EDIT ... the photo didn't load, so had to add it manually ... thumbsup.gif

I'm with David! More visual aids please.

FWIW, I've often seen the traditional beer company uniformed girls serving and doing their duty at The Robin Hood Pub near Suk Soi 31, and sometimes see them around the Soi 8 Pub. I'm sure they're stationed at some other places in the area as well, though I'm not a particularly inveterate pub crawler. biggrin.png

It is the exact same scenario in Cambodia, China and Cambodia.

No, it is not a Thai thing. And yes, you need to get out more. Or at least not imagine you know everything about places you've never been.

smile.png

Edited by cbrer

Hey guys! This was a thread asking about how these girls are employed IN BANGKOK and how much they get paid IN BANGKOK. I pretty much got the info I needed despite the spoilers and those needing obvious and immediate self hand relief. The bonus has been some nice pics as well. Mobi has qualified his response as addressing those that claim the girls are on the game or available for casual dating with pissed-up farangs. He wasn't saying that it's a uniquely Thai beer marketing ploy. Now, if the beer ladies in China or Cambodia drop their drawers, it aint the subject matter of this post. My post.

Thanks... now, anyone have some more pictures?

Huh? They work in the decent restaurants and pubs between Sukhumvit to Asoke and beyond, the ones where the clientele is virtually all farang or mostly non- Thai. My buddy on his first ever Bangkok trip fell in love with the charming Miss Heineken that was working at Bully's. Most weekends and special sports nights, they are downstairs at the Huntsman Pub under the Landmark Hotel. Also some have served me at The Londoner further up the street. There's usually a couple working at Hanrahan's on Soi 4. Is that 'farang ghetto' or what?

I stand corrected, sorry for any spurious info.

The fault is of my own making, I dont venture across town to the ghetto much these days, though was there on Mon night, I saw no "pretties" in the places I frequented, again my own fault, I am a creature of habit and tend to stick to the tried and tested.

Have been in a couple of the places you mention, but years ago.

I never felt the need to travel half way round the world to drink in a plastic paddy pub, again my own fault.

Sorry for any wrong info, also apologise for not having any photos.

• 3 months later...

Bull sh**, bars don't pay them, customers pay extra when they chat or try to off them. The are called PL (pretty ladies) in Thai and they are paid about 100 baht per day with the permission to sell themselves (and the product)!!!

Rubbish. Not all of them. My partner worked for Heineken for many years and was paid very nicely by the Heineken Company as a manager. She had the opportunity to travel and live all over Thailand and save quite a bit of money. She did not wait on tables or sell herself or anything like that. She received salary and commissions and set up and negotiated promotions with restaurants. She was also responsible for sacking the girls who did not follow the rules.

• 7 months later...