How Would You Have Liked To Be One Of The Ranong 12 ?

thedivezone

It is possible that something happens so that you overstay.

Due to some circumstances I can't speak about, a friend of mine was a few days overdue, then it became weeks then because there was a maximum he decided not to do anything about it. He was always freaking out everytime he saw the police. He was lucky, he got away with it - 20,500 baht on the way out at the airport with 8 years overstay. He came back without any problem too.

Of course it is not worth the risk, unless you know someone high up the ladder. I know a couple of guys who ended up in the Immigration detention centre all because of a couple of days overstay. You don't want to end up there!!

Thailand is a corrupt country and we can use this to our advantage, no point moaning about it.

I actuall love Thailand because of this.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel personally many long term stayers are not coming back, my many long time Thai regular friends are not coming back.

I personally hope the door doesn't hit them on the a$$ on the way out! :o:D

Oi, kasi - - - almost verbatim sentence theft!!! :D

Nordic Man, Australia thanks you for leaving our shores having parted with so much money, and don't let the door slap your arse on the way out.

The attitude is amazing, though, isn't it!?

8 years overstay????? Wow. Show me anywhere else he would have avoided either jail or deportation without return.

Amazing Thailand :D

Edited by Sing_Sling

It reads like there are a lotta members here justifying and siding by the police on this issue.

Didnt realize ther were so many law-abiding Farangs in Thailand!

Just hope that all these law-abiding Farangs here refrain from breaking all the other laws which could be 'brought into force' by any arresting officer at anytime.

Prostitution is illegal: so i hope that these law-abiding Farang members of TV refrain from using any such service.

Drinking: There are set times now for purchasing alcohol, hope our law-abiding members adhere to that law too.

Visas: Hope our law-abiding members adhere strictly to 'what visa they are on'.

Farang Ladies: It is illegal for a lady to enter an entertainmet venue alone ie..bar, disco, pub etc...

If any members of TV have broken the Thai law in anyway, then they have no right to criticize the Ranong 12 for their naivety.

Otherwise, it is called 'Double Standards'

Stevesuphan,

as the initiator of this thread, let congratulate you on posting the most sensible and intelligent

posts here , keep up the good work and i agree with you wholeheartedly.

Now if only i knew how to close a thread !

Mike

It reads like there are a lotta members here justifying and siding by the police on this issue.

Just hope that all these law-abiding Farangs here refrain from breaking all the other laws which could be 'brought into force' by any arresting officer at anytime.

Prostitution is illegal: so i hope that these law-abiding Farang members of TV refrain from using any such service.

Drinking: There are set times now for purchasing alcohol, hope our law-abiding members adhere to that law too.

Farang Ladies: It is illegal for a lady to enter an entertainmet venue alone ie..bar, disco, pub etc...

If any members of TV have broken the Thai law in anyway, then they have no right to criticize the Ranong 12 for their naivety.

Stevesuphan,

as the initiator of this thread, let congratulate you on posting the most sensible and intelligent

Mike

I guaranteed with the list provided - if enforced no one shall do if it translates to being tossed into a thai prison!! :o

Stevesuphan,

Mike

Absolutely in agreement with both of the above. Everyone has double standards and yet so many prefer to be blind to them. Not until the shoe is on the other foot are they recognized; and even then they might not be because the justifications will always produce that blind eye effect. Great of you to point that out, Steve. :o

I feel personally many long term stayers are not coming back, my many long time Thai regular friends are not coming back.

I personally hope the door doesn't hit them on the a$$ on the way out! :D:D

Oi, kasi - - - almost verbatim sentence theft!!! :D

Nordic Man, Australia thanks you for leaving our shores having parted with so much money, and don't let the door slap your arse on the way out.

The attitude is amazing, though, isn't it!?

8 years overstay????? Wow. Show me anywhere else he would have avoided either jail or deportation without return.

Amazing Thailand :D

I knew I had difficulties with australian syntax, now I have proof.

You can take it out of my pay! :o:D

Back to school for me. :D:D

Edited by kasi

Sing Sling said: So, danishgung, you count the PRC as one of the top 20 tourist destinations? Please share with us how you arrived at this statement.

PRC is ranked 4th in the world in international tourist arrival by World Tourism Oganization.

with almost 42 million visitors in 2004. Thailand 11.7 million, and Malaysia 15.7 million.

http://www.world-tourism.org/facts/menu.html

then click tourism indicator, then click international tourist arrival, then click top world tourism destinations 2004. See for yourself before say other people talk trash.

and Sing Sling said: Ah, you talk so glowingly about Malaysia but know absolutely sweet FA about it. Malaysia is riddled with problems, racial, economic, social and criminal - you just have to go there once to see that, spend some time there, talk with the locals and look at CRIME STATISTICS!!!

I am talking about Malaysia's social structures, I am just comparing visa friendliness. And Malaysia has won lots of new tourists and long stayers partially because of the Thai visa limitations and crimes here.

Another blow to the Absolute Thai lovers, Thai is ranked lower than Brasil, Mexico, and Malaysia in general safety of living. Ranked by International Living. Com

I and a few other friends as well strongly feel there are quite many members in this forum that may be emplyed by Thai government or TAT or other pro-Thai organizations to protect the Thai interest, and trying to stop the truth of this country from being revealed. When there is something negative said about this Thailand, then they are at hard work again trying to debunk all the negative issues. This forum has became a Thai propoganda, absolutely.

I think that Thailand is quite kind to people who overstay a little compared to other countries like Singapore, Australia, etc.

I have heard several horror stoies over the years regarding overstay, especially Singapore. Not a place where you want to put a foot wrong.

Many people take liberties with Thailand and abuse the kindness of the people.

PRC is ranked 4th in the world in international tourist arrival by World Tourism Oganization.

with almost 42 million visitors in 2004. Thailand 11.7 million, and Malaysia 15.7 million.

and Sing Sling said: Ah, you talk so glowingly about Malaysia but know absolutely sweet FA about it. Malaysia is riddled with problems, racial, economic, social and criminal - you just have to go there once to see that, spend some time there, talk with the locals and look at CRIME STATISTICS!!!

I am talking about Malaysia's social structures, I am just comparing visa friendliness. And Malaysia has won lots of new tourists and long stayers partially because of the Thai visa limitations and crimes here.

I and a few other friends as well strongly feel there are quite many members in this forum that may be emplyed by Thai government or TAT or other pro-Thai organizations to protect the Thai interest, and trying to stop the truth of this country from being revealed. When there is something negative said about this Thailand, then they are at hard work again trying to debunk all the negative issues. This forum has became a Thai propoganda, absolutely.

My apologies, you are correct - though China is ranked 5th. I do take your point, I was under the impression it was closer to 8th or so. (You do realise that the majority of these visitors are people doing their daily trips from Hong Kong to Shenzhen)

Regarding the tourist numbers for Malaysia, you do realise that almost 7 million of those are from Singapore - mostly on day trips - and the Singapore givernment has issued travel warnings in regard to personal and property safety especially in Johor State and more specifically Johor bahru.

Here is where you talk nonsense again. There are so very few 'long-stayers' in Malaysia simply because the laws on visa restrictions are quite stringent. My wife is Malaysian and we have quite a few non-Malaysian acquaintances that are so totally pissed with the system - for good reason. Try getting off on paying piddly fines for overstaying there!

And we're all funded either by Al Quaeda or the CIA

Reality check for the Dane is required.

[quote name='dannishgung' d

Another blow to the Absolute Thai lovers, Thai is ranked lower than Brasil, Mexico, and Malaysia in general safety of living. Ranked by International Living. Com

Not needing to take the pish like......BUT MEXICO is safer than Thailand!

Shivermetimbers! Now, i used to live in Mexico and travelled the country extensively and i can tell that, i feel one heck of a lot safer in Thailand!

I don't know who wrote up that ranking! But i would guess that his name is Alfredo De Tacos.

Brazil is safer than Thailand??

Sing Sling said: Regarding the tourist numbers for Malaysia, you do realise that almost 7 million of those are from Singapore - mostly on day trips - and the Singapore givernment has issued travel warnings in regard to personal and property safety especially in Johor State and more specifically Johor bahru.

You can say the same thing about Thailand. Out of the 11.7 million arrivals, how many are the Malaysians boys who cross border to Dannok, Padang, Sungai, Bentong, Hat Yai ect ect from several hours to 1-2 days for a quickie actions. There are thousands a day on weekday and tens of thousands on weekends. You figure out the number.

And out of the 11.7 million arrivals to Thailand, how many are actually the same people making up to 12 visa runs a year, and count for 12 arrivals, Malaysia give out 90 days and extendable, so the Thai numbers are very misleading compare to other nations that offer 90 days arrival.

Steve Suphan said: Brasil safer than Thailand?

If you don't know anything about Brazil then you tend to think so.

First the International Living.com is ranked by the Economist magazines by the whole staff of international pros. The crime and general safety includes the element of crime rates, safety that includes traffic, health, environmental, judicial, human right, ect ect. Thailand score less than most third world countries including Brasil, Mexico, Argentina, Ecuador, Bolivia, Malaysia, ect ect.

Brasil is a huge country like US, the crime is so concentrated in the huge megapolis like Sao Paulo, Rio, Salvador ect ect. Most other cities are quite safe. Especially the cities of coast Sao Paulo, coast of Rio, the southern sates of Parana, Santa Catarina, Rio Grande Do Sul ect are much safer than Thailand or US or UK in viscious crimes. Say Brasil is not safe is just like saying US is not safe. It all depends on where you are talking about. In all the coastal beach towns on eastern sea coast of Brasil, I do feel much safer there than in Pattaya.

The Ranong 12 had already overstayed.

Whatever their intentions were thereafter is irrelevant: they had already broken the law and no amount of hypothetical analysis can change that simple fact.

Geez....if this Pattaya boy had actually read what i had written!

According to well-informed sources in my home province ie....... (Thai people in the know of Thai Law) i learnt today that that "Yes' i was right, the Ranong 12 were probably not breaking the law and would have a good cause, in a court of law, if they wished to file for damages against the arresting officer and The Royal Thai Police.

There intentions thereafter is irrelevant well exactly....not! Before posting a comment it is recommended to read the post you wish to comment on first.

As i already wrote "It could be argued that........"

”…this Pattaya boy”? :D did indeed read your hypothetical nonsense.

Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of the word ‘hypothetical’?

I also wonder if you understand the meaning of the word ‘surrender’. :D

Please tell me how or why a person could/would ‘surrender’ themselves to the authorities if they had not broken the law?

What ‘could’ be argued, what the Police ‘could’ say, ‘if’ or what people had ‘probably’ done or not done are all matters of conjecture and therefore hypothetical.

Regardless, the basic fact is indisputable: the Ranong 12 had overstayed and had therefore broken the law.

The probability that had they made it to the border and only been fined for breaking the law versus being arrested and locked up for having broken the law does not even enter the equation: they had broken the law and that is all there is to it.

It really is such a simple concept to understand, yet for some reason you are unable to grasp it.

Were you dropped on your head as a child, perchance…? :D

:D:D Classic! :o

BUT MEXICO[/b] is safer than Thailand!

Shivermetimbers! Now, i used to live in Mexico and travelled the country extensively and i can tell that, i feel one heck of a lot safer in Thailand!

I don't know who wrote up that ranking! But i would guess that his name is Alfredo De Tacos.

Brazil is safer than Thailand??

That is the problem with statistics. An accountant although not the bean-counter variety once said to me: “Tell me what answer you want and I will provide stats to support it”. :o

Edited by Chopper

Danishgung, I wonder what your level of education is. You cannot simply have something be true if it clearly isn't.

how many are the Malaysians boys who cross border to Dannok, Padang, Sungai, Bentong, Hat Yai ect ect from several hours to 1-2 days for a quickie actions.

You clearly have sex of any kind on the brain, so my estimate of you being a 12-year old should be about right. Do your parents know you are still up and on the computer?

Surely you are kidding, aren't you? If not then it's time to turn off the light, take your hand off and go to school - remember: wakey, wakey, hands off snakey.

Stevesuphan,

Mike

I guaranteed with the list provided - if enforced no one shall do if it translates to being tossed into a thai prison!! :o

[/quote

Breaking the law is one thing. Whining once you get cought another. I had years ago a couple of days overstay (just forgot about it - som nam naa), but cannot recall having complained anywere.

Further, as there seems to be some confusion, there is a difference between turning yourself in at the border and confessing and getting caught with an expired visa somehwere in the country. The confessing foreigner has to pay the 200 Baht per day fine, the latter is apparenty punished much harder.

One can argue if preying on visa run buses is fair game, but from the point of view of the law inforcement an easy prey. If you have an overstay why don't you try a clandestine approach to the problem and sneak out of the country with a rented car instead of writing "overstay" on your forehead by using a well-known operator. Ah...ok....you thought the immigration police does not notice those ads for visa runs...well....then....

Sing Slling, if you have no knowledge of this Thai nation, you should just sew up your mouth. Thailand is thriving on sex trade. It counts the biggest percent of their GMP, even you may be some Brit or gringo sponsored by the Thai state to debunk all the realities of this crooked nation, but the truth will alwayus be there.

You said : Danishgung, I wonder what your level of education is. You cannot simply have something be true if it clearly isn't.

If you never been to the Thai towns bordered Malaysia such as Dannok Chamgloon, Padang Besar, Betong, Sugai Kolok, and even Hat Yai, you should do some research before debunk out of your little brain, all these towns survive and thrive on sex tourism from Malaysia and smaller extend from Singapore. I will find statistics to shut you the debunker up. There are more than 3.5 million Malaysian "males" last year crossed the border into all these Thai sex towns from several hours to 1-2 days for sex last year, I will get the article to prove you have no knowledge of this nation or you just try to debunk all the negative aspects of this country for some hidden purposes.

post-6131-1140746704.jpg

Sing Slling, if you have no knowledge of this Thai nation, you should just sew up your mouth. Thailand is thriving on sex trade. It counts the biggest percent of their GMP, even you may be some Brit or gringo sponsored by the Thai state to debunk all the realities of this crooked nation, but the truth will alwayus be there.

You said : Danishgung, I wonder what your level of education is. You cannot simply have something be true if it clearly isn't.

If you never been to the Thai towns bordered Malaysia such as Dannok Chamgloon, Padang Besar, Betong, Sugai Kolok, and even Hat Yai, you should do some research before debunk out of your little brain, all these towns survive and thrive on sex tourism from Malaysia and smaller extend from Singapore. I will find statistics to shut you the debunker up. There are more than 3.5 million Malaysian "males" last year crossed the border into all these Thai sex towns from several hours to 1-2 days for sex last year, I will get the article to prove you have no knowledge of this nation or you just try to debunk all the negative aspects of this country for some hidden purposes.

Ah, danishdung, you simply do astonish with your rants and paranoia - always remember the saying:

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE PARANOID DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT OUT TO GET YOU

I believe I know Thailand and have been there more often and longer than you, but this is not a pissing contest as you would win that hands down, so to speak. I have never said that Thailand does not have a huge sex trade, but it's clearly people like you that can't see past that.

Please do get me the article that proves I have no knowledge of Thailand, it would be nice to see my name in print.

you should just sew up your mouth
:o:D No, thank you.
even you may be some Brit or gringo sponsored by the Thai state
At last count I was employed by the CIA, Mossad, ASIO, Thai Secret Police and Harry's Bar on Atchison Street. You do realise we have knowledge of all your activities, don't you?

danishdung, you should really chill, if this place is so terrible for you, then head off to Brazil again where life is so much better, as you say. Please don't give the reason for your being here that you are doing it out of loyalty to your Thai girlfriend.

danishdung, remember to look over your shoulder wherever you are. I might be Thai, Chinese, Caucasian or African - you never know which one of us is making sure you don't say anything negative about Thailand.

I will find statistics to shut you the debunker up.
The debunker? Aha, you know my alias already, you supersleuth. I have attached my photo so you can recognise me - but which one am I?

You do know what they say about statistics:

Lies

Darn Lies

and Statistics (But that's ok as I really have a postgrad economics degree - in the real world, not the one you live in, danishdung)

We're here and there are lots of us!!!!

post-6131-1140746813.jpg

Edited by Sing_Sling

Sing Song said :The debunker? Aha, you know my alias already, you supersleuth. I have attached my photo so you can recognise me.

Ha ha, you admit it yourself. You are one of the professional debunkers of this forum.

Since you admit your own guilt, there is no need for further intellectual discussion with you.

Sing Song said: danishdung, you should really chill, if this place is so terrible for you, then head off to Brazil again where life is so much better, as you say.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I am doing my last minute packing for Brasil. Ha ha, I will be in Rio, the Cidade Maravilhosa, for the finale the climax of Carnival 2006, while you sit on your ass debunking all other truth seekers on this forum. I will lay back a few days on the beach of Ipanema, doing some snorkeling at Angras dos Reis, then head south to Floripa for next 5 months, while you are busy looking for something to debunk all day in front of your computer. Don't get too jealous,ok. Just different life for different people. Maybe you will reincarnate into better conditions next life.

I will be too busy doing activities in Floripa next 5 months, but I will once a while, write some truths for you to debunk for my pasttimes.

Sing Song said: At last count I was employed by the CIA, Mossad, ASIO, Thai Secret Police and Harry's Bar on Atchison Street. You do realise we have knowledge of all your activities, don't you?

You truely sound like a Mossad, or extreme conservative Evangelist Christian preacher, or some extreme Zionist that keep the world screwd up on purpose, or all combinations of these.

for now, Ciao.