New Entertainment Complex With Day Club Pool Hangout

DiamondKing

Just seen this posted by someone on my facebook page

Sonic Playground will be launching in 2013 in Chiang Mai. With four music venues covering over 4,000 square meters, its the largest entertainment complex in Northern Thailand. Sonic Club, Echo Restaurant, Sound Wave Dayclub and CNX Live Concert Hall.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQfJaW9YBKA

Sounds like an Ambitious project but also sounds pretty good Chiang Mai needs something NEW

Day Club sounds like a nice idea if it takes off

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

Here it is next to Tops supermarket. I got the pic from their facebook page.

Hard to imagine it looking like the photos they are spruiking, but I haven't been inside to see for myself.

As it says, 'Music and Fun'.

I imagine it will just be an attempt at a posh karaoke bar.

But I could be wrong....

post-153182-0-27257900-1355688648_thumb.

Edited by 2020

New hangout for the E and meth heads, like others glad its snowhere near me. Does seem a big project with serious money behind it so should be free of the BIB.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The location is where the old Playhouse/Simon Cabaret used to be. As there is already another late night club in that area can't imagine the noise will get any worse. Since it's right next to Chiang Mai's most dodgy "entertainment" area you can bet the BIB will be heavily involved.

Apparently it's the people from the old Martini bar that are behind the project. Given how that story went down I wouldn't hold out big hopes for this......rolleyes.gif And the location doesn't exactly have a track record of success.

• Like 2

New hangout for the E and meth heads, like others glad its snowhere near me. Does seem a big project with serious money behind it so should be free of the BIB.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The location is where the old Playhouse/Simon Cabaret used to be. As there is already another late night club in that area can't imagine the noise will get any worse. Since it's right next to Chiang Mai's most dodgy "entertainment" area you can bet the BIB will be heavily involved.

Apparently it's the people from the old Martini bar that are behind the project. Given how that story went down I wouldn't hold out big hopes for this......rolleyes.gif And the location doesn't exactly have a track record of success.

+ 1

Indeed it doesn't.. Also, police love to do checkpoints in that area.

Still, it's not a bad spot, very central.

Progress.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

• 2 months later...

Hey, i've just read this topic.

Can anybody please tell me what the term "BIB" means. Can also anybody please tell me what happened to the owners of the martinin bar?

i think it's an interesting project smile.png

Boys in Brown

Vibe beat me to it!

Edited by anonymouse

• 8 months later...

BUMP! Just curious, anyone have an update on this?

I went past there today. Looks like construction ground to a halt sometime ago judging by the growth of vegetation. And "Differ" (the big club next door) seems to have expanded into the restaurant space from the old Playhouse.

No clues on their website or facebook page except an advert for a "Business Opportunity" rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Edited by Paagai

+1

Yes I was also thinking of posting a topic asking what happened about this project. Heard about it at the start of the year, then nothing since?

Seems very likely some investors have pulled out and their looking for other willing ones.

Knowing how fickle the nightlife scene can be in CM I always though it was quite a risk for a substantial investment, but then most of business is about taking calculated risks and if they have done their market research it has the possibility to be very successful. Lot of young college and university students in CM......?

Edited by finoluvios