Video Editing

madgolfer

I have a lot of different files.....AVI MKV MP4 MPG VOB...etc.... music vidoes...video clips movies etc...most in 720 1080.also a lot of wallpapers pictures ....what I want to do is edit say a music video...keep the audio but cut out parts of the video and insert other clips, pictures text do some transitions etc in place....thus making my own unique music vidoes I can then string together.

Have played with Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 but I think I need something that can do more....I can do a lot with it but not all I want and the files end up too big....probably need something that can convert different file formats as well without losing quality...puting an MKV clip into AVI clip doesn't work.

I am reasonably computer literate and looking for recomendations on what package I would need to do what I want....something that doesn't need a 3 year Uni course to use it would be good....Tuckom Pattaya has a vast array but the language barrier makes it difficult to get across what I'm after....my desk top is basic so probably need an upgrade if needed but that's not an issue.

OK....did some research on Sony Vegas Pro....looks impressive....seems it can do a lot more than satisfy my hobby needs that are basicaly editing video I get from Torrenting, the tutorials on Youtube are impressive.. some of the tutorials have been done with Vegas........V12 has been released but looks like it hasn't hit the discount sellers yet....Sony site $449.....that's more than I wanted to pay for a hobby....maybe go to Tuckom Pattaya and see if they have say V8 or latter there....Thanks for help.

@madgolfer

Sony has other lower end products which might be satisfactory for your needs. You can download a free trial here of their products: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/vegasfamily

I bought the Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite version 12 from Amazon for about USD 50 + shipping (I used shipto) of about USD 20. The list price on the Sony site is USD 93. I have been busy, so I have not had time to get into it.

there are more things to look at than the software you use. sony's vegas is kinda industry standard. A MKV is a file container, btw. Means your audio codec AND your vid codec together as a .mkv file. I don't want to be rude , but look at the basics of vid encoding first - and than look at software solutions.

Edited by JakeBKK