Temperature In Thailand , More Hot Every Year ?

Sandman77

Looking at temp history, about 20KM north of Khon Kaen.

December so far this year, max temp has not managed to get below 30 deg and min not below 20 deg

post-12326-0-41699900-1355824028_thumb.j

Temps were definitely lower last year

post-12326-0-51943700-1355824044_thumb.j

Edited by loong

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the heat is a real drag. However, investing in a aircon can do wonders. smile.png

Do the planet a favour, & don't make the situation worse - all the power in Thailand is from fossil fuels AFAIK.

Fit a double layer of reflective insulation under the roof. Should be able to get thru summer w/o turning A/C on.

When I got here as a young man 40 years ago I had a choice of AC in my office with the big wheels or out in the front office with the peons. I took the company and hot weather. It was a good move. In my barracks at night it took me about 30 days to stop sweating and after 3 months I was totally acclimated. Coming back 10 years ago I thought I would do the same thing and I got a non AC apartment in Bangkok. My body had changed. It didn't acclimate in in 90 days as before. What a surprise. Being old is not the same as being young.biggrin.png

Yes, the heat is a real drag. However, investing in a aircon can do wonders. smile.png

Do the planet a favour, & don't make the situation worse - all the power in Thailand is from fossil fuels AFAIK.

Fit a double layer of reflective insulation under the roof. Should be able to get thru summer w/o turning A/C on.

Reflective can reflect up to 97% of solar heat. If you fit a/c instead of insulation, you have to pump out all the suns heat first, before you get any cooling effect.

Reflective can reflect up to 97% of solar heat. If you fit a/c instead of insulation, you have to pump out all the suns heat first, before you get any cooling effect.

The 73-megawatt Lopburi solar power plant in central Thailand is the largest solar photovoltaic project in the world. It will be central to Thailand's efforts to generate energy from renewable sources.

post-73727-0-24444100-1357357362_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly

This topic so frustrates me......the earth as we know it, has undergone many a climate change well before we even were some aliens imagination.

A couple of degrees here or there in our lifetime is nothing......get over it people....adjust as the earth does.

Have another beer/wine/scotch.... and go to bed.

Cheers. thumbsup.gif

Exactly. There's no question that there has been a slight climate change, but there is not a dam_n thing any of us can do about it. Just be thankful that we are part of the very few minority in the world that can afford to do something about our own comforts.

Live in southern Buriram There's no doubt so far this cool season has been warmer than the past few years. Temperatures in low thirties most days (today included) lowest temperature 15 degrees Celsius. Forecast more of the same. This cool season we did not get the usual cool northerly winds sweeping down from China that you normally get after the monsoon rains are over, during the rice harvesting and drying. Consequently no kite flying season for the kids this season. Anybody else notice?

The weather is changing right around the world.

However, there seems to be more fat people in Thailand today than there were in 1998 when I first came to Thailand.

When people get fatter they feel the heat more. In Chiang Mai the skinny people are putting on more clothes and the fat ones go around in as little as possible.

Id say not much truth in that, i been bigger as i was now, and now im lean real lean, but i still sweat the same and feel the same. I expected it would change but it did not.

When I first visited Pattaya in May 1984 you definitely needed air con although I remember waling from the Montien on the beach road all the way to walking street and my armpits became sweaty but now you would melt waking that distance. So yes its a lot hotter now. Great for swimming but that’s about it.

People who say they can cope with this heat full time are also full of it.

The heat was one of the reasons I returned to the UK 2.5 years ago and this 2 month holiday here is enough for me.