Air Asia Fined In Australia For Not Include Taxes On Website!

Sandman77

http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/news/airasia-fined-for-not-including-taxes-charges-in-advertised-air-fares/story-e6frfq80-1226539477064

So when I book a airasia flight inside Asia what taxes I have to add! ? Thai have 7 procent vat, in 2 year9 procent!

Malaysia no consumer vat, and other country's I don't know , also about airport tax every Asia country not same?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The link explains it all.

I wish it was the same the world over as it would save a lot of time when searching sites.

Once taxes are added it may not be the best price from what is advertised.

Advertised prices are only bait for you to continue a booking and they hope you will pay.

Australia is a world leader in the fight to drive the tobacco industry out of business. A worthy cause.

a pizza and a beer in australia can be more expensive than an airasia flight on promotion as well

Edited by kaobang

Australia is a world leader in the fight to drive the tobacco industry out of business. A worthy cause.

a pizza and a beer in australia can be more expensive than an airasia flight on promotion as well

That's why I'm stuck in the UK for the time being..Can't afford to go home!

That's why I'm stuck in the UK for the time being..Can't afford to go home!

you can go by train+ferry to Japan,then fly airasiawai2.gifwai2.gif

yes sure the final price is higher.but even so,it is convenient and confortable

i am from europe and the bigger low cost company here is ryanair,and who really knows ryanair,will avoid it

random news "ryanair to sell standing room only tickets for 4 pounds..funded by charging passengers to use the toilet"

"

RyanAir Standing Up Against Seat Belts With New Seating Proposal ..."

and much more

so thank you airasia,your price is higher than the price u promised,but even so its a very good price and a very good flight.and your staff is not a bunch of <deleted> like ryanair(your counterpart from europe).

and jetstar...i flighted from australia to bali..and they forced me to buy a return ticket(sooo expensive how can they call theirselves low cost) even if i had a reservation...it was illegal..but i had no choice..because they told me "take this or we ban you"

where was the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission ????????????

and jetstar...i flighted from australia to bali..and they forced me to buy a return ticket(sooo expensive how can they call theirselves low cost) even if i had a reservation...it was illegal..but i had no choice..because they told me "take this or we ban you"

Can you elaborate on how an airline can force you to buy any sort of ticket - one way, or return?

As a sidenote, if you look at the Qantas website to book a flight originating in Thailand, the headline price does not includes taxes, fuel surcharges etc. <deleted> coffee1.gif

Edited by jackspratt

Is this what you mean:

H796

21:55

23:00

KUL-BKK

2h 5m

MH785

11:05

14:15

BKK-KUL

2h 10m

Your Selection

Flights

Kuala Lumpur International Apt (KUL) Departs: Mon, 21 Jan 2013, 12:25

Bangkok (BKK) Arrives: Mon, 21 Jan 2013, 13:30

Bangkok (BKK) Departs: Thu, 24 Jan 2013, 06:20

Kuala Lumpur International Apt (KUL) Arrives: Thu, 24 Jan 2013, 09:30

1 Adult: MYR 238.00 Surcharges: MYR 328.00 Taxes: MYR 141.00

Total + Taxes + Surcharges: MYR 707.00

Total Price: MYR 707.00

Can you elaborate on how an airline can force you to buy any sort of ticket - one way, or return?

yes.i had one way tiket with jetstar from australia to bali..at the airport they ask me "where is your return ticket?we cant allow you to go to indonesia without a return ticket"

i said "i have a return ticket booked online"

they said "gimme a proof"

i said "give me internet"

she said "dont waste my time,buy a return tiket now with us or i will ban you from the flight,and i will put your name in our red list so u will not be able to fly with us anymore"

i said "ok i buy a return ticket with you because i MUST go to indonesia,so i have no choice"

The FULLY INCLUSIVE price should be mandatory on ALL air travel websites ...

Nope ... we can't tell other countries what laws to mandate in their country ... but we can protect the consumers in Australia ... and rightly so.

I hate the hidden extras ... but that's life elsewhere.

As a sidenote, if you look at the Qantas website to book a flight originating in Thailand, the headline price does not includes taxes, fuel surcharges etc. <deleted> coffee1.gif

Because it is not required by law in Thailand to include taxes etc in their advertising, it is required by law in Australia.

yes.i had one way tiket with jetstar from australia to bali..at the airport they ask me "where is your return ticket?we cant allow you to go to indonesia without a return ticket"

she said "dont waste my time,buy a return tiket now with us or i will ban you from the flight,and i will put your name in our red list so u will not be able to fly with us anymore"

i said "ok i buy a return ticket with you because i MUST go to indonesia,so i have no choice"

It is common knowledge if you do not have a visa to reside in a country then you must have proof that you are going to leave the country at the end of the temporary stay given by immigration on your arrival.

Airlines have to ensure when you depart that you comply, if they do not check your documents they are then likely to receive a heavy fine and will be required to return you, at their cost, to your original departure point.

Anybody that has proof but does not print a hard copy which can be verified at check-in is asking for trouble.

It is common knowledge if you do not have a visa to reside in a country then you must have proof that you are going to leave the country at the end of the temporary stay given by immigration on your arrival.

Airlines have to ensure when you depart that you comply, if they do not check your documents they are then likely to receive a heavy fine and will be required to return you, at their cost, to your original departure point.

Anybody that has proof but does not print a hard copy which can be verified at check-in is asking for trouble.

really?the printed copy could be fake,they cant verify it.i flighted(one way tickets) from indonesia to malaysia,from malaysia to laos,from laos to thailand,from thailand to cambodia,from cambodia to thailand,from thailand to laos,from thailand to vietnam.it happened only in australia..i remember when i landed in indonesia and nobosdy ask me proof of anything...dam_n jetstar

Because it is not required by law in Thailand to include taxes etc in their advertising, it is required by law in Australia.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

My point was that Qantas, no matter where they operate, as an Australian company should perhaps be sticking the the spirit of the consumer friendly laws of their home country. In the process, perhaps setting a good example, and a level for others to aspire to.

After all, it wouldn't cost them anything.

really?the printed copy could be fake,they cant verify it.i flighted(one way tickets) from indonesia to malaysia,from malaysia to laos,from laos to thailand,from thailand to cambodia,from cambodia to thailand,from thailand to laos,from thailand to vietnam.it happened only in australia..i remember when i landed in indonesia and nobosdy ask me proof of anything...dam_n jetstar

And if they had asked you, and denied you entry, who would have been responsible for the cost of your repatriation/deportation?

And if they had asked you, and denied you entry, who would have been responsible for the cost of your repatriation/deportation?

deportation to where?my australian visa was single entry and it would have been expired since i was out of Australia.do you have any idea about how many europeans travel around south east asia with no return tickets,through land borders,...and more,it's also illegal if they dont ask if i have an indonesian,or thai,or malaysian.. visa and force me to book a return ticket..because the embassy of the country i am heading to already guaranteed for me

i mean:if i go to the embassy of country A and apply for a tourist visa,jetstar can not stop me from boarding.if they do and force me to buy a return ticket they will probably win(because people does not like to miss flights),but they are illegal 100%.and also reservations,even FREE reservations,are legally valid as booked tickets(within 2 days).this is international law but many from flight companies staff dont know,if they dont know for ignorance,or for other reasons,it's up to you to decide

Edited by kaobang

deportation to where?my australian visa was single entry and it would have been expired since i was out of Australia.do you have any idea about how many europeans travel around south east asia with no return tickets,through land borders,...and more,it's also illegal if they dont ask if i have an indonesian,or thai,or malaysian.. visa and force me to book a return ticket..because the embassy of the country i am heading to already guaranteed for me

i mean:if i go to the embassy of country A and apply for a tourist visa,jetstar can not stop me from boarding.if they do and force me to buy a return ticket they will probably win(because people does not like to miss flights),but they are illegal 100%.and also reservations,even FREE reservations,are legally valid as booked tickets(within 2 days).this is international law but many from flight companies staff dont know,if they dont know for ignorance,or for other reasons,it's up to you to decide

What you appear to not understand is that when obtaining a tourist visa onward travel arrangements are usually required e.g. Thailand. Yes at many entry points immigration do not bother to ask you to provide onward travel documentation, but legally, it is required. When checking in at the point of departure the reservation staff have online access to the legal requirements for your destination and that is why they are asking for return or onward travel documentation as the carrier would be liable to return you to the country of embarkation if refused entry. If you do not have a valid visa for the country of embarkation to which you have been returned, more than likely you would be detained by immigration until you make arrangements to depart to your home country or a destination for which you held appropriate visa and travel documentation.

Edited by simple1

The FULLY INCLUSIVE price should be mandatory on ALL air travel websites........I find it highly offensive that these company’s basically have to try and cheat you to get business... a 99baht fare that turns into 2000baht is false advertising…even tho 2000baht could still be cheap.

I don’t go into mcdonalds to buy a chicken burger for 99baht and then get hit with a 1500baht administration/seating/tax charge

People who think this is acceptable business practice have very low morals in my opinion

100% correct ..

EXACTLY! Australian Consumer law is to protect the consumer, not the company.

If misleading advertising shows a price which does not include all the surcharges, fuel tax, environment tax, departure tax, then that company is liable to be fined. AirAsia got off rather cheaply. I've yet to find one of these "99 baht" flights.