Refreshing My Driving Skills

PomRakBKK

Hey,

The last time i drove a proper bike with manual shifting was about 15 years ago.

I am thinking about purchasing a CBR400 or something along those lines but i would really love to do a crash course in shifting to refresh my memory.

Basically just a test track where i can rent a bike for 1-2 hours and drive around some closed circuit.

I dont want to put myself and others in danger when i purchase a new bike and have no clue how to drive it.

Is there anything like that in central bangkok?

The shifting is already in your blood. (it takes you 20 min to have it all working)

I hadnt driven a moped for longer than that when i came to thailand.

The catch was the scooter that has all shifts down,

instead of the usual one down-rest up,

took me a while to figure out that'un.

Honda has such a place on Ramkhemheang Road (soi 38 or 39)

It can be found on google smile.png

Yes, but it's closed unless there is some sort of class / lesson happening. You can't just take your Honda there and start to ride the circuit.

@PomRakBKK

Manual shifting is a skill that you never lose (assuming you have acquired it in the first place). The last time I rode a manual shift motorbike was back in 1982. The next time was when I rode off the Kawasaki shop in Ramkhamhaeng on a Versys 650 earlier this year. It takes all of 2 seconds to remember to clutch, shift, accelerate. A few minutes after that, it's shift and accelerate without having to clutch. Slowing down, you should clutch to make your downshifts smoother.