Thai Woman Attempts To Carry $850K Worth Of 'ice' Through Singapore

webfact

Thai woman attempts to carry $850k worth of 'Ice' through S'pore

The Straits Times

SINGAPORE: -- Officers from Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) and Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) have arrested a Thai woman carrying approximately 3.4kg of "Ice" at Changi Airport Terminal 3 arrival hall.

On Dec 17 at around 6pm, the 27-year-old Thai national arrived on a flight from New Delhi and was about to transit to another flight in Singapore.

She was stopped by CNB and ICA officers and asked to undergo a more thorough check at the arrival hall.

Full story: http://www.asiaone.c...218-390366.html

-- asiaone 2012-12-19

footer_n.gif

Insanely stupid

Probably just a mule, told by her 'boss; that in transit there's no customs checking because you haven't reached your final destination, naive folks would very probably believe this.

Boss doesn't care ,if she gets through great, if not who cares, her problem.

Even though the drugs were not intended for the Singapore market the Singaporeans will still kill her.

With the standard level of Thai education (especially for being knowledgable on other parts of the world) she could have been told its safe to travel through Singapore without getting nto trouble and she probably believed it.

Edited by Kananga
  • Like 1

Even though the drugs were not intended for the Singapore market the Singaporeans will still kill her.

With the standard level of Thai education (especially for being knowledgable on other parts of the world) she could have been told its safe to travel through Singapore without getting nto trouble and she probably believed it.

You're right, the Singapore authorities don't care where the drugs were heading for.

She will be very lucky to escape the death penalty.....but at 27 and banged up in a Singapore jail for life, is that lucky?

• Like 1

You're right, the Singapore authorities don't care where the drugs were heading for.

She will be very lucky to escape the death penalty.....but at 27 and banged up in a Singapore jail for life, is that lucky?

Singapore doesn't allow exceptions for trafficking.... she will be put to death!

Kurt

Singapore doesn't allow exceptions for trafficking.... she will be put to death!

Kurt

Maybe it's for the best.

I believe Singapore still carry it out by hanging.

I wonder what (who?) tipped them off?

It is said that sometimes one mule will be reported -- and therefore is sacrificed and arrested -- to divert attention while another larger shipment goes unimpeded. However, her stash was so substantial that I doubt that was the case here.

• Like 1

It amazes me that there's still people trying to get such amounts of drugs into or through countries that are known to give these people death sentences that will be carried out if they're caught!!!

Perhaps the numnut mules have no idea about penalties, just listen to what they are told. Same with voting in LOS,folk believe anything someones says on a microphone sad.png .

Kurt

Not strictly true Kurt. While there is a mandatory death penalty for trafficking a german girl got off lightly several years ago. With economic pressure from the German government the amount she was caught with suddenly dropped to just under the minimum amount that is classed as trafficking after the impurities were removed.

This 'technique' would have no doubt not happened for a poor Thai girl and of course as with everything else in Singapore comes down to money.

http://www.thinkcent...?ArticleID=2617

It must have been the pure thc they weighed in the end. Difficult to see how 3kg of likely almost pure meth can be transformed into 250 grams though.

I agree, I was just explaining to Kurt that Singapore does sometimes bend the death rules when it suits them. Doubt this poor girl will be going anywhere other than to the next life though.

http://www.thinkcent...?ArticleID=2617

It must have been the pure thc they weighed in the end. Difficult to see how 3kg of likely almost pure meth can be transformed into 250 grams though.

I agree, I was just explaining to Kurt that Singapore does sometimes bend the death rules when it suits them. Doubt this poor girl will be going anywhere other than to the next life though.

And presumably not taking good Karma with her.

Singaporeans don't go round killing people...use some gray matter..

Mandatory death penalty carried out by a Singaporean = Singaporean killing her.

And if you are going to comment on someone using their 'gray matter', spell grey correctly in future.

Should of kept it quiet, let her travel and find the real problem,the bosses,or links to them.

Its called policing.

Another mule will be along shortly,maybe this one was a decoy and the main stash got through.

Many scenarios.

Don't you think they already are doing that? Or do you believe that this is the first such run from Delhi and that there have been no others? Such mules are tracked, have been tracked and inevitably some are going to be stopped arrested and tried for their crimes.

We all know stopping mules wil not solve the drug problem. But getting the message out that in certain countries such offences means death is a most positive way of reducing the number of mules. Hence, the intial response on here of 'stupid'. Stupid as we know better. That message needs to be filtered through into the poorer societies where it apparently is still not fully grasped and where due to either naievety, greed or lack of education some persons still see it as a way to wealth.

Her death, if it happens, saddens me. But she is not the problem.

As we see in Thai society, politicians are involved in the drug trade, as are the police too. It is those such persons that need to be caught. For each one of them a thousand others will stopped.

That is where the solution lies. Start at the top. In fact all societies problems lie therein whatever country you come from.

Simply put: it's human greed and corruption. Again.

Next.

Edited by antpet

Why would anyone be so mean or stupid to send a mule with such a huge amount through Singapore? The bosses surely know the high controls and high price to pay.

The mule was stupid, wish the bosses get caught and suffer her same destiny.

New Delhi might be a transit point as well. Was she heading back to Thailand? Was she a conned mule or trafficking?

I cannot believed a mule would be sent with $850k worth of ice. If trafficking then she is really stupid and/or naive to travel via Singapore with their death penalty. It will be very difficult to asses if she was a conned mule or effectively consciously trafficking. I am definitely not in favor of the death penalty for a conned mule...

Singaporeans don't go round killing people...use some gray matter..

Mandatory death penalty carried out by a Singaporean = Singaporean killing her.

And if you are going to comment on someone using their 'gray matter', spell grey correctly in future.

Yeah I guess I did not use my 'gray matter' in the spelling, I ought to be shot for the spelling mistake..Anyway English Language is not my mother tongue..still learning..

You seem to contradict yourselves in #1 " Singaporeans ( plural ) will still kill her " = more than one Singaporean......#2.." = Singaporean ( singular ) killing her " = one Singaporean ...my comment was based on your #1....SINGAPOREANS....

Edited by chuang