One Way Ticket

I'm simply making a general statement. If your husband is admitted without issue, you have no problem. If they start questioning him the basis of this will be - are you planning on returning. He might have a mountain of paperwork showing ties to Thailand, but I think no ticket is a problem. At its core a ticket is solid evidence of a plan to return, paperwork simply shows a reason.

If you know the ticket is cheaper, buy it and be done with it. At very least, make a booking and print that out as further evidence.

Edited by bangkokburning

There is no requirement under the UK immigration rules for a visitor to have a return or onward ticket. However, if they do not then, if questioned by immigration, they must be able to show that they have the means to purchase one.

Not having a return may cause problems with the airline, though. They may worry about him being refused entry without a return ticket and so refuse to carry him if he hasn't got one.

I have heard of this happening, and the person concerned had to fork out for a new, return ticket and did not receive a refund of the cost of single he had.

For those who don't know, if an airline knowingly carries a passenger who does not meet the entry requirements for their destination, and so will be refused entry, then they are subject not only to the cost of returning that passenger to their departure point but also a fine of up to $20,000. So they tend err on the cautious side.

This is not a UK thing; it's worldwide.

Edited by 7by7