Versys Anteater Look Solution + A Beak

Hog Head

Some may like the odd "anteater" nose on the Versys, but it seems to me that the designer went to lunch, had a few beers, and forgot to finish the job. I finally could not take it anymore and built a fibreglass filler panel to solve this anteater look. On my own bike I am going to forgo the beak, and go with just these filler panels, Thinking to paint mine red to match the bike, but flat black is an easy rattle can job for those that prefer the blacked out look.

A bit more work to do on the finish and mounting brackets but it will look like this:

Since I have to make a mould I will be making several sets should anyone else be interested. Price is not known until I am done but think in the area of 4000 B in black gel coat, and with quality bracketry.

These filler panels are part of a larger project that incorporates a beak, and the design is such that these filler panels can be used alone or in conjunction with a beak. If a beak is deemed necessary to take ones attention away from the less than stellar headlight housing, it may be easily fitted it at a future date.

On to the beak design and mould making after Christmas for those that really want the beak

post-5915-0-86619500-1355886158_thumb.jp