Disabled Man Hit By Runaway Truck At Big C

Rimmer

Disabled Man Hit By Runaway Truck At Big C

PATTAYA:--A 35-year-old woman lost control of her pickup truck in the Big C parking lot in south Pattaya, and ran over a man in a wheelchair before crashing into two small shops. The victim is in critical condition at the hospital. Police detained the driver, who was in shock and did not give any statements to police.

PATTAYA – December 18, 2012 [PDN]; at 8 p.m., a report of a disabled man being hit by a pickup truck in front of the Big C department store was received by the rescue officers of Sawangboribul Pattaya foundation, who rushed to the scene.

At the scene, rescuers discovered a black Isuzu Dmax pickup truck had crashed into two stores outside Big C. The runaway truck did severe damage to a shoes shop and a fashion clothing shop. Many curious Thai and foreign shoppers were standing around watching the scene.

Rescuers rushed to the only person who got injured, a man in a wheelchair who had been hit and run over by the truck. He was lying unconscious on the ground. The man had already stopped breathing, but rescue officers detected a very faint pulse. So officers hurried to pump his heart and then rushed him to Banglamung hospital where he remains in a coma.

The disabled victim has no legs and only his left arm to use. He was identified as Mr. Theppitak or Thep, age 29. He works in the stock checking department in the department store. Mr. Thep had been sitting in his wheelchair outside the department store when he was hit by the truck, which also ran over his body.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...truck-at-big-c/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-12-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

No legs only one arm he can use and now run over and in a coma ,some people just are not very lucky ,and i grumble about my bad foot at the moment.

And yet, he was motivated to find work! Quite a contrast to a common comment to police after arresting thieves: "Oh, I don't have a job and can't pay my rent..."

My best wishes to him for a full & speedy recovery. Truly a fellow at the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 1

And yet, he was motivated to find work!

Let's not make a virtue out of the scandal that a society doesn't provide for a disabled person, while the real thieves drive imported supercars. The motivation is to avoid starvation.

• Like 1