How To Choose The Best Web Hosting Service ?

meyori

We have been using web hosting service from out side of Thailand. It's been on/off problem over few things and we are kind of getting a point that we may like to change. The biggest reason is that if there is a problem, we can not just call because time difference and e-mail respond is obviously delayed. Do you have any suggestion in Thailand, possibly in Phuket and why ? you think your suggest is good.

I used hostgator and found it not so good...

Slow access of the control panel was my main problem, which very well might have been an internet connectivity/routing issue, although other hosts didn't have this problem.

They did honour their 30 day money back warranty correct an prompt, so no harm in trying them!

No idea on local hosts...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

It depends what you do. For legal and other reasons i am happy NOT to use US servers. Lawsuits are kinda as pricey as they are in Thailand. Furthermore it depends where your customer base is. International bandwidth is still a costly issue in the land of Smiles.

Then there is knowledge: do you want rack space or something which is set-up for you?

In TH the (IMHO) location for servers is bkk - Phuket has no backbone connections.

The servers for this forum are in Singapore if i am not mistaken. There are by far better uplinks then here.

Edited by JakeBKK

It depends what you do. For legal and other reasons i am happy NOT to use US servers. Lawsuits are kinda as pricey as they are in Thailand. Furthermore it depends where your customer base is. International bandwidth is still a costly issue in the land of Smiles.

Then there is knowledge: do you want rack space or something which is set-up for you?

In TH the (IMHO) location for servers is bkk - Phuket has no backbone connections.

The servers for this forum are in Singapore if i am not mistaken. There are by far better uplinks then here.

TV is hosted on the Amazon cloud.

But indeed, up till not so long ago we were hosted in Singapore...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

There are many factors to consider when choosing a hosting provider

- reliability: is there automatic backup, redundant power/network?

- performance: network speed, bandwidth, sever "speed"

- capacity: storage space, memory allocation, CPU allocation, included transfer volume

- support: is the support reachable during your business hours, support free or charge

- location: is the location adequate for serving your customers (i.e. access speed)

- location: is your server located in a country suitable for data protection and service stability?

- technology: does the server support your technical specs?

I can host sites at my server location in Switzerland.

Advantages: fast access speed from anywhere in the world, data protection laws (not in EU and not in USA), performance, full redundancy for everything, backup.

Technology: Debian/Apache/PHP/MySQL, control panel: ISPConfig3

Edited by manarak

Amazon cloud in singaporebis reliable, affordable and almost as fast as thai servers.

I run about 15 servers in amazon with no issues.

Never found a single thai host that gave me any confidence.

I tried hosting sites on a cloud in Canada, but my experience with the cloud was poor storage I/O performance, which put my server into wait state and pushed the load above 1000.

I tested the storage bandwidth and came up with an average of 4MB/s, which is ridiculously low.

The provider offered to put me on SAS storage, but the cost is prohibitive.

I had to disable all access logging my server to get the load down to a workable level while I moved the sites to a Vserver where I have 300MB/s (probably on a local SAN).

I'd be interested to look into Singapore hosting options, typically Vservers.

Any ideas for high-performance and reliable Vservers in singapore that won't break the bank?