Someone Added B10 To My Mobile.

Suradit69

I use AIS 1-2-Call prepaid service on my mobile. I just got a message that I had successfully topped up my account by Baht 10.

Of course, I hadn't. I didn't even realize you could top it up by such a small amount. No one else has had access to my phone today. Could this simply be a technical glitch?

I can't see how this would be some sort of scam. There was no request for me to respond to the message. Being naturally suspicious I wonder if I'm missing something obvious? Could someone add a small amount to my account and then deduct a larger amount? The balance is never more than 300 to 400 baht, but it would be inconvenient to find my balance unexpectedly dropped to 0.

It could be a scam, or it could be that someone topped up and typed in the wrong phone number wink.png

But you don't (as far as I know) type in the phone number. At least I never have. You type in the serial number on the receipt you get at 7/Eleven or wherever, hit send and the telephone number credited is the one that you've used to send the serial number ... or is there some way to top up your friend's phone??

Edited by Suradit69

7-11, you type your phone number into the keypad on the desk.

OK. I guess there are other ways to do it (and to screw it up) than I use. I always get a paper printout, generally from Family Mart, and type in the number on the receipt directly on my phone's keypad without the need to type my phone number.

Feel bad that someone who could only manage to pay Baht 10 lost it, but maybe it's one of the people that call me by mistake and act annoyed with me because I'm not who they meant to call.

Edited by Suradit69

When I was in Northern Chiang Mai last month i was no able buy any top-up.

They just pointed at a machine outside.

You put in money, select company and enter telephone number.

Only in Thai, but I managed to top up my Phone.

"You put in money, select company and enter telephone number."

Sounds like something begging for the response, "What could possibly go wrong?"

It could be a scam, or it could be that someone topped up and typed in the wrong phone number wink.png

But you don't (as far as I know) type in the phone number. At least I never have. You type in the serial number on the receipt you get at 7/Eleven or wherever, hit send and the telephone number credited is the one that you've used to send the serial number ... or is there some way to top up your friend's phone??

you do if you top up at an atm

There are a lot of free-standing, 3rd party top-up machines here, practically one outside every apartment building, convenience store, neighborhood market - as ubiquitous as water machines. These are targeted at the 10/20 baht top-up market - many only take coins. So someone obviously used one of these and entered the wrong number.

The easy way to top up and possibly earn extra minutes is via the 1-2-call website. And of course you can mistype the number and send your money to some wrong person. You can also transfer validity or money from your number to another there. The basics can be done by login via you 1-2-call phone nbr. Your get a PIN by SMS and start... For some services you must first register your nbr at some AIS shop to you name and let them type in your ID nbr... [Choose one, when you have no Thai ID and your passport nbr is not accepted.]