Fat Fighter: Morbidly Obese Second-Hand Car Salesman Loses 23 Stone After Moving To Thailand

Boater

• James Mason, from Essex, was 39 stone when doctors told him he had five years to live
  • By the time he was 27, he was wearing XXXXXXXXL clothes and trousers with a 58-inch waist
  • But now, thanks to a Thai boxing camp, he is less than half the man he was

In 2011, James Mason was so dangerously obese he was given just five years to live.

At 27, and already tipping the scales at 39 stone, the death sentence finally proved the spur he needed to shed the weight.

Now, just over a year and a half on, and Mr Mason, from Hockley, Essex, is less than half the man he was after shedding a huge 23 stone during nine months at a Thai boxing camp.

article-2250418-1693B660000005DC-84_634x509.jpg

In 2011, James Mason was so dangerously obese he was given just five years to live. But he quickly changed his life around by packing up and moving to a Thai boxing camp

Edited by Boater

The stone (abbreviation st[1]) is an informal unit of measure equal to 14 pounds avoirdupois (about 6.35 kg[nb 1]) used in Great Britain and Ireland for measuring human body weight. The stone was formerly used for purposes of trade in many North-West European countries where its value ranged from about 5 to 40 local pounds (3 to 15 kg), but with the advent of metrication from the mid-19th century onwards it was superseded by the kilogram; its use for trade in the United Kingdom and in Ireland being rescinded in the 1980s. It may be unfamiliar to an international audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_%28unit%29

well done to the man hope he now keeps

it all in control

To be honest someone who put that much effort in it never wants to go back. If he keeps living healthy it will be ok. As long as he does not become a bar fly (o so easy here) things will be good.

Yeah, I wonder if he looks like Fat Bastard form Austen Powers with his shirt off. Well done, it can be done if you are motivated, bet he enjoys life a lot more these days...just as well he didn't spend the time on a bar stool in Pattaya.

• Like 1

British man loses 100kg in Phuket muay Thai camp

Phuket News Claire Connell – Thursday 20 December 2012, 12:02PM

PHUKET: Morbidly obese man James Mason arrived in Phuket nine months ago and enrolled at the island’s Tiger Muay Thai boxing camp, determined to lose weight after doctors told him he had five years to live.

Mr Mason, from Essex in England, weighed around 250kg when doctors told him he was in severe health trouble. At age 27, he was wearing 7XL clothes and trousers with a 58-inch (147cm) waist.

His story appeared this week in the UK’s Daily Mail newspaper, when Mr Mason returned back to the UK for a Christmas holiday. He will return to Phuket in a couple of weeks.

Read more: www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-loses-100kg-in-phuket-muay-thai-camp-35564.php

For those who aren't familiar with stones, what's the weight of 1 stone? unsure.png

14 pounds, 2.2 pounds to the kilo soooooooooooo = 6.363663 kilo. I think. laugh.png

6.350293 kilograms Am I sure? Of course I asked my iPhone App convert HD+biggrin.png then verified on the Web 6.35029318

noooo I do not want to be pedantic just better being precise violin.gif

I have seen his new picture strip to the waist, incredible baggy skin! Terrible for a young man of 27 years old huh.png

To such an extend not sure if it will come back one day?

Maybe he should do some plastic surgery it could help.

But its not only looks that count, loosing that weight is good for his health. Fat people usually have a lot of visceral fat too.. that is the fat that kills.

There are only a few substances that really burn fat and most have side effects. Stuff like cider vinegar and green tea do help but nothing like the stuff i am talking about but they sure have far less side effects. I think green tea and cider vinegar wont increase your BMR more then a percent or so, not much anyway.

cider vinegar. 2 table spoons a day or drink in water w/ honey. very healthy for u, burns fat and is an excellent appetite surpressor .

also good if u suffer from HPV or herpes. allegedly.

I'm not sure if the vinegar will burn any fat (pretty sure it won't). However, if it's suppresses the appetite it'll work. But there's much more effective substances available. The main thing would be, consume less calories than than you use/burn.

garanteed spending 9 months doing muay thai training is going to make you cut weight.

if I ever had a fat kid I'd send them to boxing camp... but then If I have kids they'll be boxing anyway.

I have seen his new picture strip to the waist, incredible baggy skin! Terrible for a young man of 27 years old huh.png

To such an extend not sure if it will come back one day?

Maybe he should do some plastic surgery it could help.

But its not only looks that count, loosing that weight is good for his health. Fat people usually have a lot of visceral fat too.. that is the fat that kills.

if he keeps up with the kickboxing those skin folds will eventually disappear - I believe, however as he's in thailand there are some great plastic surgeons - plus cutting the loose folds of skin is pretty low risk if he is now fighting fit from kickboxing.