Need Help,can Someone Check Website For Me,

worgeordie

For the last couple of weeks I have been unable to connect to http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/,

both on Opera and Explorer and K-Meleon browsers, all it says is cannot connect with this

server error 552 ? if i remember correctly. I have unblock-us installed for when i do get through

and its been working OK for last 1.5 years, BBC iplayer STV player,UTV player all working fine.

I am also having this problem on another computer,so if some of you kind lads could check it out

for me and post results I would be most grateful, as I am missing Heartbeat,sad I know

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Works fine for me....... + on the True IP address, use Chrome

Heartbeat

22 EPISODES • 22 FREE

This drama series evokes the mood of the swinging 60s in a peaceful countryside setting. Based on the Constable books by Nicholas Rhea, Heartbeat combines humour, drama and compelling characters.

20th December 2012 12:30 PM

A hit and run in Ashfordly turns out to be a deliberate attempt on the life of a local man - but who is looking for revenge? Peggy gets into hot water.

29 DAYS LEFT

WATCH

19th December 2012 12:30 PM

Some young offenders staying at Ashfordly Hall are under suspicion following a series of disturbances. Blaketon and Ventress investigate the disappearance of a pet.

28 DAYS LEFT

WATCH

Showing 1-2 of 22 matched episodes

SEE MORE HEARTBEAT EPISODES

Edited by ignis

Hi Wimpy, yes already tried that, says its working, I am on TOT,

the mysteries of computing eh!, nothing is easy,knowing not much about

it does not help either.

thanks Worgeordie PS can somebody with TOT please try it ,thanks

Edited by worgeordie

Hi Ignis, it would not even work with those links you kindly provided,

will just wait to see if anyone with TOT has a problem with it. or if anyone

can figure out what my problem is ,I cleared the cache,cookies,and the

problem occurs on 2 different computers, same line but.

regards Worgeordie

You might try changing your DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8) or OpenDNS to see if that fixes it. If you are on TRUE, their DNS servers are not the best.

What I understand from the OP, I think he is on ToT.

ToT already has the Google DNS as DNS set up, but in the Pattaya forum there is a Post that ToT has DNS problems with certain Ip Ranges. Maybe that problem is not only limited to Pattaya but maybe Nation wide ?

If you are on TRUE, their DNS servers are not the best.

All Thai ISPs seem to have trouble with their DNS servers.

Why do people so frequently think it's a DNS server problem when the problem is most likely a bad phyical line connection, DSLAM problem, network capacity problem, or other network problems excluding the DNS server scapegoat. For the 18 months or so I've been with True I've never had a problem where I can say it was a DNS server problem--in fact, I've had very, very few problems with my True DOCSIS connection....it's been like 99.9% reliable (knock on wood) even when I had a meter of water in my moobaan during the 2011 flood.. In those few cases on a few days where my connection was not the greatest I would quickly set my DNS sever settings to the Google DNS servers---it didn't help.

Why do people so frequently think it's a DNS server problem

Because, based on reports from members in the past, it does happen even with my university connection where switching DNS fixed an issue, switching back and broke again. It is a standard diagnostic tool for issues like this and only takes a few seconds to test it. It's called process of elimination.

Why do people so frequently think it's a DNS server problem

Because, based on reports from members in the past, it does happen even with my university connection where switching DNS fixed an issue, switching back and broke again. It is a standard diagnostic tool for issues like this and only takes a few seconds to test it. It's called process of elimination.

Yeap, it just when I tried it in my process of elimination it didn't help; but glad it helps others.

Yeap, it just when I tried it in my process of elimination it didn't help; but glad it helps others.

In the specific case of the OP having difficulties with specific sites and not across the board it will be more likely DNS or routing issues as opposed to a physical problem. My apologies for pointing fingers at TRUE though. biggrin.png

Just been to the Unblock-us web site and a few more people seem to have the same problem

as me, as ITV have changed something on their website, anyway Unblock-us are trying to fix

it as I speak,

Its only the ITV player that is the problem, all other sites are working fine,nothing stays stable

in the world of computing, eh !

Thanks everyone for your help, thats what ThaiVisa is about.

regards Worgeordie

Why do people so frequently think it's a DNS server problem when the problem is most likely a bad phyical line connection, DSLAM problem, network capacity problem, or other network problems excluding the DNS server scapegoat. For the 18 months or so I've been with True I've never had a problem where I can say it was a DNS server problem....

The reason I frequently suspect a DNS problem here is because it often is. They really dont seem to be able to keep them working properly.

I use Sophon "fibre to the home" broadband so there are no line issues, no DSLAM problems etc. I have only lost my connection twice in over a year (apart from during power cuts of course). I used to get problems accessing certain sites and servers but not others, but once I switched from using Sophon/CATs DNS servers to using a mixture of international open DNS servers and one open Thai one, all my problems vanished.

I recently had similar success configuring another Sophon user's router in the same way.

YMMV

The problem with switching DNS servers servers is increased latency. (unless the server is actually located near to your ISP's data centre).

Another important issue is neutrality of the internet. In fact; the internet is a free resource that can only exist because of mutual cooperation in networking computers together. No one "owns" the internet.... yet. However; should we all become reliant on one or two tech-giants for our access to the internet; we would have certainly given ownership away already.

Edited by RandomSand

The problem with switching DNS servers servers is increased latency. (unless the server is actually located near to your ISP's data centre).

then use a caching name server like dnsmasq

Another important issue is neutrality of the internet. In fact; the internet is a free resource that can only exist because of mutual cooperation in networking computers together. No one "owns" the internet.... yet. However; should we all become reliant on one or two tech-giants for our access to the internet; we would have certainly given ownership away already.

you can also use a caching, recursive name server with dnssec like unbound

The problem with switching DNS servers servers is increased latency.

Yes, but increased latency is better than a "no connection to server" error.

And to be perfectly honest I find that the overseas DNS servers are of such better quality than the Thai ones that even with the extra latency they still work faster.