I T Grand Bangkhae Is Burning

theajarn

Considering most buildings in Thailand are made of concrete it must have been a really really old building. Needed burning I'm sure. Now they can rebuild with the standard ugly design (square with vertical abutments) made from concrete. No no, lets just build ugly, and maybe paint it an ugly blue or yellow color and we can let that peel and fade to gray in a year or two.

doesn't matter what color they paint it, it will become and stayt streaked with gray mildew. I wonder if the insurance company will do a thorough investigation, or will they just pay the Chinese owners the agreed-upon amount, and take a little 'tea money' on the side.

It's a small shopping mall. The pics posted above are much better than mine : P I knew I should have braved getting closer.

From my "experience" of these things... it's quite regular in Asia usually amongst Chinese-owned businesses to have a "fire sale". Quite literally. They burn down their own buildings to collect insurance.

It's also a way to get rid of old tenants and be reborn as a new entity.

I forgot that one. But of course..! If these tenants are anything like what my family had to deal with...!! But we took the long and expensive way ... through the courts :(

IIRC, a certain dept. store near China town has been burnt down 5 times in the past 20 years. :rolleyes:

Considering most buildings in Thailand are made of concrete it must have been a really really old building. Needed burning I'm sure. Now they can rebuild with the standard ugly design (square with vertical abutments) made from concrete. No no, lets just build ugly, and maybe paint it an ugly blue or yellow color and we can let that peel and fade to gray in a year or two.

Seeing as how 'ugly' these things are to you..............kinda surprised you even want to be here.

Oh my lord.

The, if you don't like our architecture you should leave argument.

Ok. I admit i,modern Thai architecture is amazing..... happy now?

Yes, I ignored this side of his statement, I had the same problem with my Brother In-Law when bush/cheny wanted to reenact the Vietnam war and attack Iraq. I said we should not attack Iraq they did not cause 911 and it would be a waste of money and lives. My BiL said that if I didn't agree with the war I should leave the USA. There were/are a lot of idiots in America that still believe this.

Sure nobody should ever question anything or disagree with anyone else, or we should leave.