Why No Visa From Uk Embassy?

I go to embassy today with folder that have everything, we think, but still not get visa. Reasons was not enough email and photo we can do more there OK, and also cannot prove I self employed, they just not believe me but I see many other there who look like they work bar getting visa. One girl tell me she have no job just make story that work in shop and she get visa, I so disappoint that they not believe me. I will try appeal but what chance do I have? Is it more easy to get the settlement visa? Another reason for no visa was that I could not proove that my husband will retire to thailand in 2 year, what that has to do with visitor visa for holiday I not understand, seem like nasty guy who do interview, have many question for me and if I slow for answer he think I lie to him. Is appeal good idea or just waste time?- YH

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, sorry to hear about your difficulties.

However, before we can offer any advice a few more details are needed.

1) What type of visa and for what purpose? I assume a visit, but as a tourist or a to visit family? Refusal of a tourist visa cannot be appealed against, but refusal of a family visit visa can.

2) Was you husband sponsoring you?

3) Where is he living now? If he is in the UK and you are in Thailand then the ECO will want to know why you do not wish to live in the UK with him. If the answer is that he intends to move to Thailand soon, then proof of this would be very helpful.

4) What, exactly, does the refusal notice say?

One thing you can do now is write to the Entry Clearance Manager at the British embassy explaining why you feel that the refusal is wrong and asking for the decision to be reviewed. For contact details click here.

Edited by GU22

thank you, it must be to visit family they say can appeal. Husband live in UK and have letter of sponsor also from his work, have 6 month pay slip and bank letter, also own his house no loan.

say something about not prove I working but I think I can do that now. Also that cannot prove husband will retire to thailand in 2 years. They also say no emails in folder after feb last year so he will send me a lot more. I think can do waht they ask but hard to proove retirement because not for certain anyway. Thank you again YH

OK I read the paper have 6 reason

1 not enough email evidence

2married in aug 2005 but why not go amphur until jan 6th (why not? have no time)

3no proof of my work

4not proove I own house

5 why husnabd only come to thailand 2 time a year

6 no proof husband retire in 2-3 year in thailand

-a lot of reason na-YH

Hi, sorry to hear about your difficulties.

However, before we can offer any advice a few more details are needed.

1) What type of visa and for what purpose? I assume a visit, but as a tourist or a to visit family? Refusal of a tourist visa cannot be appealed against, but refusal of a family visit visa can.

2) Was you husband sponsoring you?

3) Where is he living now? If he is in the UK and you are in Thailand then the ECO will want to know why you do not wish to live in the UK with him. If the answer is that he intends to move to Thailand soon, then proof of this would be very helpful.

4) What, exactly, does the refusal notice say?

One thing you can do now is write to the Entry Clearance Manager at the British embassy explaining why you feel that the refusal is wrong and asking for the decision to be reviewed. For contact details click here.

Edited by visalady

thank you, it must be to visit family they say can appeal.
OK. As I said, your first step should be to write to the ECM asking for the decision to be reviewed.

An appeal can take a long time and be expensive, so if writing to the ECM doesn't work then it would probably be quicker and cheaper to apply again.

If you are going to do this then you will need to deal with the doubts the ECO has.

1 not enough email evidence
Why has he not emailed you for over a year? Sending you a whole load of new emails now will be no good. Has he sent you any emails since last Feb, and can he provide proof of this? What about phone calls? Can you and he provide phone records?
2married in aug 2005 but why not go amphur until jan 6th (why not? have no time)
No time?! In 5 months!? Maybe it's because your husband had to return to the UK in between, but if you don't tell them then they don't know.
3no proof of my work
You say you can now do this, so do so.
4not proove I own house
Do you? Can you prove it?
5 why husnabd only come to thailand 2 time a year
There may well be a very good reason for this, but again, if you don't tell them then they don't know.
6 no proof husband retire in 2-3 year in thailand
Difficult to prove this. Did he write a covering letter explaining why he is living in the UK and you are in Thailand and what your future plans are? If not, get him to do so.

You need to show them that:-

Your relationship and marriage is genuine and not entered into merely to get you a visa.

There are good and valid reasons why you are living in Thailand and your husband is living in the UK.

That you definitely will leave the UK when your visa expires.

From what you have said it seems that you failed to do this last time. Provide as much evidence as you can to answer these points, as I have outlined above, and next time you should stand a better chance of success.

[quote An appeal can take a long time and be expensive, so if writing to the ECM doesn't work then it would probably be quicker and cheaper to apply again.

I think appeal free if cheaper to apply again why appeal? I do what you suggest and ask for review as you sound like the expert

You need to show them that:-

'Your relationship and marriage is genuine and not entered into merely to get you a visa.

There are good and valid reasons why you are living in Thailand and your husband is living in the UK'

he there for work and I am here for work he send 100's of email from last year but a lot too sexy to show embassy, he will print out nice ones for last year and post me then I can show them. I never think so difficult to get, thank you again mr expert. YH

Visalady has posted 3 times. One post originates in Houston, one in New York, and one from the UK. Perhaps she already has her visa! Whichever, she's certainly not in Thailand.

Scouse.

Of course I in thailand stupid man. My husband give me laptop and tell me always to use proxify because many bad people on internet maybe same you. Ok if you not like thai lady here I will not post again but I will tell GU22 when I get a visa, he good and help not stupid. YH

Visalady,

I can assure you that Scouse is far from stupid, and his knowledge and experience of UK visa matters far exceeds my own.

If you are genuine, then I hope my advice has been helpful and wish you the best of luck.

I ask my husband what is scousser and he tell me lazy low class from liverpool, maybe he not stupid but have no good manner. YH

I've spent twelve years working in Thailand in a engineering office with Thais who’s education ranges from high school level to Phd. A great deal of my work has been reviewing documents written in English by Thais.

As a result I am pretty familiar with the kind of mistakes Thais make in their written English.

Having read VisaLady's posts, I note that the grammar, while not complete, is remarkably correct. But there is something else, the punctuation is almost spot on.

I'd conclude that the author is a native English speaker and on that basis that they have other problems that perhaps need to be addressed to the health branch.

I go to embassy today with folder that have everything, we think, but still not get visa. Reasons was not enough email and photo we can do more there OK, and also cannot prove I self employed, they just not believe me but I see many other there who look like they work bar getting visa. One girl tell me she have no job just make story that work in shop and she get visa, I so disappoint that they not believe me. I will try appeal but what chance do I have? Is it more easy to get the settlement visa? Another reason for no visa was that I could not proove that my husband will retire to thailand in 2 year, what that has to do with visitor visa for holiday I not understand, seem like nasty guy who do interview, have many question for me and if I slow for answer he think I lie to him. Is appeal good idea or just waste time?- YH

For someone who speaks broken English Visalady, you seem to have a very good grasp of spelling? I do not understand how you spelling can be so good when your english grammar is very poor

As for insulting Scouse, I think you will find that was a very big mistake you charlatan! :D

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

Visalady,

I can assure you that Scouse is far from stupid, and his knowledge and experience of UK visa matters far exceeds my own.

If you are genuine, then I hope my advice has been helpful and wish you the best of luck.

I ask my husband what is scousser and he tell me lazy low class from liverpool, maybe he not stupid but have no good manner. YH

For information purposes only for visalady ( & maybe her husband );

Cambridge Dictionary definition of " scouser " = a person who comes from the Liverpool area, in north-west England.

No point Lady in trying to shoot down the fella, try a bit of debate first.

Cambridge Dictionary definition of " scouser " = a person who comes from the Liverpool area, in north-west England.

Clive does it say anything in there about people from Liverpool being Everton or Liverpool supporters? lol :D

I've spent twelve years working in Thailand in a engineering office with Thais who’s education ranges from high school level to Phd. A great deal of my work has been reviewing documents written in English by Thais.

As a result I am pretty familiar with the kind of mistakes Thais make in their written English.

Having read VisaLady's posts, I note that the grammar, while not complete, is remarkably correct. But there is something else, the punctuation is almost spot on.

I'd conclude that the author is a native English speaker and on that basis that they have other problems that perhaps need to be addressed to the health branch.

I bet its the same person as ThaiPro the troll on the Farang and Pub section

I have a good idea who visa lady is and why she should choose to conceal her IP number by using proxies.

To paraphrase Denis Healey, being verbally attacked by this person is like being savaged by a dead sheep!

Of course, if I am wrong, visa lady is free to post a verbatim copy of the refusal notice.

Scouse.

Well spotted GH. :o

I have a good idea who visa lady is and why she should choose to conceal her IP number by using proxies.

To paraphrase Denis Healey, being verbally attacked by this person is like being savaged by a dead sheep!

Of course, if I am wrong, visa lady is free to post a verbatim copy of the refusal notice.

Scouse.

Nice one Scouse, and a good result yesterday too :o

Well spotted GH. :o

VisaLady is a gameplayer :D

:D

Clive does it say anything in there about people from Liverpool being Everton or Liverpool supporters? lol :D

Lop

I being a Chelsea ( sorry for swearing ) supporter and a Gent I had better refrain from answering that one :o .

Regards

Clive sorts

Has visalady disappeared? looked entertaining for a while

A full on Troll I reckon. :o

Apparently not.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=659208

Visa lady is my Mrs and as expected got the usual racist response of know it alls saying she is not thai or a troll due to her english. Today another thai lady poster suffered the same abuse. It seems thai's cannot win, if their englsih is spot on they get called liars as if thais are too stupid to learn english as well as you lot. If the grammar is not perfect they get accused of exagerating or then the punctuation might be obviously not good enough or in this case too good. While my wifes grammar may not be up to much she does speak and write a few other languages and has the manners not to judge others by their command of thai.

Visalady has posted 3 times. One post originates in Houston, one in New York, and one from the UK. Perhaps she already has her visa! Whichever, she's certainly not in Thailand.

Scouse.

Still no explanation from Thai3 about this anomaly.

So, is she in Houston, New York, the UK or merely the figmant of Thai3's imagination?

Scouse.

Still no explanation from Thai3 about this anomaly.

So, is she in Houston, New York, the UK or merely the figmant of Thai3's imagination?

Already answered:

Scouse.

Of course I in thailand stupid man. My husband give me laptop and tell me always to use proxify because many bad people on internet maybe same you. Ok if you not like thai lady here I will not post again but I will tell GU22 when I get a visa, he good and help not stupid. YH

Edited by vinny