Ban On Bangkok Roadside Bars For New Year Break May Be Deferred

webfact

Corruption in Thailand is NUMBER 1......end of discussion

Why should anyone care about the legal business's that pay for licences etc, when you can just stand outside one with a bacteria breeding ground ice box etc?

I would never invest even 1 baht in this idiotic Country, your rights are zero

It is your right to believe this is an idiotic country, post-4641-1156693976.gif to shout it from the rooftops for instance on TV is an idiotic manner.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why they want to get rid of the so-called roadside bars but why is the 2 o'clock closing time thing for all entertainment venues still in effect (except a 'connected' few of course, which stay open till early morning) ? It spoils the fun of nightlife for many people. Can't they at least get rid of this curfew for Friday and Saturday nights only (for example, for those nights, the closing time can be 4 or even 5).

The local police in the respective areas are the ones who would stand with most to loose as the kickbacks from the booze stations located on the footpath are significant. Inmates run the institution.

Most of them are owned by them. No need to pay any kickbacks but sharing might be needed with the upper levels.

I have really nothing against those booze outlets but they should clean the area of drug dealers which wonder around Sukhumvit all night