Traffic Accident Insurance Claim

potungman

I had my brother-in-law die in a traffic accident, he was hit by a 18 wheel truck while riding on a motorbike. The truck fled the scene and someone report to the police and later caught the driver.

Anyone can help about how much insurance sum will be paid by the insurance company for a fatal accident? Is legal action required thru a lawyer?

Wish to have advice from you, Many thanks!!

It is better to call your insurance company for advice, and do get a copy of the accident report from the area police station where the accident occurred. If the police report stated clearly that it is the fault of the truck driver, you can start the process of claims against the driver and his insurance company for compensation.

It is better to call your insurance company for advice, and do get a copy of the accident report from the area police station where the accident occurred. If the police report stated clearly that it is the fault of the truck driver, you can start the process of claims against the driver and his insurance company for compensation.

Had gone to the Police Station and hold meeting between the truck driver company representative and the insurance company. did not source a final amount yet. The truck is from an Australian company carry quarry.

Did not have the final report from the Police investigation, as my brother-in-law left a widow with 3 young children age from 11. 9 and 6. So amount of compensation is very important for them.

What will be the amount of compensation in fatal accident in Thailand?

If I were his family, I would calculate his potential income until retirement age and then go from there. I wouldn't accept anything less. Also loss of companionship should be considered for the wife and children.

If they refuse. take them to court

Greg