Mayor Election

Mayor election 2012  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow !! a neighbour has just gone to vote, two different candidates gave 4000 baht, each ... Payday !!!! rolleyes.gif

I wonder which one will get the vote!!! ? wink.png

I just wonder how many people your neighbour has bragged to about taking money from both camps and how long it will take for the Thai jungle telegraph to deliver the news to both candidates..

Edited by lom
  • Like 1

My wife just got 3000 reasons to go vote.

Mine only got 2400 reasons to vote. Hmm......

The organizer took 500 in commission from my wife.

Yours probably took 600.

She got another 3000 reasons today, giving her 5400 total reasons to vote.....

Not a good idea since who you vote for is not private.

If all the bars are closed 22 /23..... Someone forgot to include Bangrak. Just drove through and 80 per cent are open. And just bought a 6 pack in Tesco Express without even a mild drama.

So the world didn't end yesterday and I can get beer in an election. All good.

It gets better...some paid my wife 3000 to vote, and she isn't even registered. ( just moved and they thought she was the previous occupant.)

given the morality of the payment she felt obliged to accept without a word.

sounds like santa came to samui early this year

I wonder how Ms.Thanomsri Rattanarak is going to recoup her losses. considering that there apparently already are substantial loans at banks. An interesting situation.

Looking at the amounts mentioned here, she must be in the red for a couple of Million baht.

And from me...and please can you spare a bit of concrete to connect our house to the main road now biggrin.png

Candidate 1 is the concrete queen.

You'll get tarmac now instead. tongue.png

LOL...even better thumbsup.gif

...normal cars are struggling to get up here now after the rains of the last couple of weeks

And from me...and please can you spare a bit of concrete to connect our house to the main road now biggrin.png

Just wanted to say that as well!

The business and tea party connections are really to spot that easily?

Edited by noob7

The fat cow is not satisfied with the election result and has asked for a new election supervised by the governments election commission. smile.png

So she paid more people, than she got ballot?

giggle.gif

But some people were being paid by both sides cheesy.gif

I know at least two that were paid but didn't vote!whistling.gif

The fat cow is not satisfied with the election result and has asked for a new election supervised by the governments election commission. smile.png

So she paid more people, than she got ballot?

giggle.gif

where did u get that from?

My wife just got 3000 reasons to go vote.

This is in Ban Thai my wife just received 4000 to vote for no1 there is someone else coming this afternoon with a promise of 2000 to vote for the other so I told her to take all the money.

And people wonder why there is corruption... It's people like you and your wife who encourage politicians to steal. For every 1000 baht handout, 2000 baht is taken back from the people. And you are allowing it. Thank you for stealing my, and other Samuians money! Next time I blow a tyre in a pothole, I will send you the bill for a new one.

OMG ! and the Dems claim that its only the Redshirts who do this.........what bloody hypocrites

I hope this election is going to be nullified because of vote buying.

Then everyone can have another go at the handouts.

Again and again gets nullified until some poor man wins.

Yes I agree with that.

I've during the last 3 weeks learnt about agents and recruiters, seen extended family members checking their name lists against voting lengths and getting paid a red one for each undecided voter they are being able to list.

I don't think it is the major (sic) candidates funding all of it, each tamboon elects 2 candidates to work with the new mayor so they are likely the ones shopping for votes.

Extended family got very upset a few days ago when the fat cow team upped the ante..

look buying votes is a world wide epidemic

how much money was spent on the USA elections ?????

and we have to put up with total media cover for 6 bloody months

corruption is world wide

but at least thailand is open about it

YES ! but here its at an individual level. Cash straight into personal pockets.