True Cable Internet Problems?

RioMist

Just recently I am having lots of problems with my True internet connection. Pages failing to load drop outs etc etc... Is it just me or is anyone else having problems too. I live half way between Chalong and Central... The engineer called the other day to change my modem and I thought that might be the cause of the problems and that's why they were changing the modem but the problems are still there... Before I start complaining to True I am just wondering if I'm alone!

Have you cleared your browser? Have you restarted your computer? Have you tried different browsers?

Just to save some time if you haven't done these things try these steps and see how you get on.

1) Download, install and run (free version, no need for the paid) http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

The "Deep Clean" option will take some time, but is well worth it if you haven't done anything like this before. You should try and let these processes run whilst you aren't using the computer. When it finishes restart your computer.

2) Follow these instructions to the letter.

Press Start --> type 'cmd' press 'enter' (all of these are typed without the quotation marks)

You will now have a black screen with white writing.

type 'ipconfig /flushdns' press 'enter'

type 'netsh interface ip delete arpcache' press 'enter'

3) Make sure your network card (wireless adapter) drivers are up to date by visiting your hardware manufacturers website.

4) Change DNS. My suggestion is to try your ISP DNS servers along with one of the google DNS servers.

Visit https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

TRUE Primary DNS is 203.144.207.29

There are more things to try, but this is a good start. Please make sure you see the same issue in multiple browsers (i.e. internet explorer, firefox, chrome, etc) before pushing back to TRUE.

Good luck and keep us informed.

I am on Chao Fa West & had same problems with "connection timed out" but the engineer was here yesterday & said they have be "balancing the lines", whatever that means, although I take it as they were having problems with the cable but now is resolved.

Thanks for the info daftvader.... I have run the software and I will let you know if things improve... As for changing my DNS it looks a bit complicated to me... so I will wait until someone with more knowledge can do it for me! Thanks once again.

Have you cleared your browser? Have you restarted your computer? Have you tried different browsers?

Just to save some time if you haven't done these things try these steps and see how you get on.

1) Download, install and run (free version, no need for the paid) http://www.iobit.com...temcareper.html

The "Deep Clean" option will take some time, but is well worth it if you haven't done anything like this before. You should try and let these processes run whilst you aren't using the computer. When it finishes restart your computer.

Press Start --> type 'cmd' press 'enter' (all of these are typed without the quotation marks)

3) Make sure your network card (wireless adapter) drivers are up to date by visiting your hardware manufacturers website.

4) Change DNS. My suggestion is to try your ISP DNS servers along with one of the google DNS servers.

Visit https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

There are more things to try, but this is a good start. Please make sure you see the same issue in multiple browsers (i.e. internet explorer, firefox, chrome, etc) before pushing back to TRUE.

How do you like ASC compared to Glary or CCleaner?wai.gif Pros/Cons?

1) Download, install and run (free version, no need for the paid) http://www.iobit.com...temcareper.html

How do you like ASC compared to Glary or CCleaner?wai.gif Pros/Cons?

I use ASC sporadically as I continually clear out my browsers for my web design work. I always use Eraser from heidi to erase my data securely as I deal with my client data day in day out and much of it is confidential. I recommend ASC to client due to its simplicity. I have seen CCleaner at work and felt that I never needed it as I use Eraser.

Glary has a popular following, but only became number one because of this issue. BTW The site referenced is a great place to find free software. I have used iobit for 5 years and have no desire to change now. Next clean rebuild of my system will probably entail me "shopping around" again and Glary will probably get a run out.

---EDIT---

Scroll down this page to get to the pros/cons for this type of software.

Edited by draftvader

Just done some reading up on CCleaner and it appears I have not looked into its power. However I won't be abandoning Eraser any time soon for that function smile.png

----EDIT----

Also noted that it is now Piriform product. Their "Recuva" s/w is a very powerful product that I have recommended on occasion too.

I will stop posting my tech revelations here and I thank you, Shot, for a timely prod to review my recommendations.

Edited by draftvader

I changed my DNS and it was not so difficult as I thought! Everything is now running very smoothly so many thanks for your kind assistance... much appreciated...

• Like 1