Sissy Bars - Phantom

AllanB

Anyone seen, or know where I can get Siisy Bars for a Phantom.

My missus feels a bit insecure riding pillion with me, I can't think why sick.gif and thought a back restraint would make her feel more secure and comfortable too.

If not I will fabricate a hoop and weld them on to the luggage rack, after first dispensing with the silly backrest..

I suggested a site to you already in another thread, try fastcorner.com, they have a reliable mail order and pay by bank transfer service. I used then to get some oil filters for my Virago.

Edited by aitch52

I was checking things out today, thought I would make some and either weld, or bolt them onto my bike rack, there is a problem though.

My wife can't get her leg over..............................coffee1.gif

So we will have to change our mounting order.

Make it so that it can fold down, then your wife can step up, you press the button and the electric pump make the hydraulic sissy bar reject to a comfortable angle.

Fantastic, could you send me a drawing, plus where I mount the pump, pump drive, hydraulic reservoir,and actuator. Or maybe I could use a big spring so it comes up like a switch-blade knife...have to be careful though.

Or she could take up Karate, palate, or yoga, or better still gymnastics. Trouble is I have two big pannier bags for her to straddle, I can still get my leg over, but am 6 foot tall.

How did they do it in Easy rider, how did Jack Nicholson get on?

The smallest pump unit, (pump, pump motor and hydraulic reservoir) I did see was about 10 x 10 x 15 cm. So, I assume to big for mounting in your motorbike.

A better solution would be to make the reservoir you self in the round shape of the inside of the fender. Between the rear tyre and the fender is a space left from about 5 cm by full swing. Build your own pump and integrate it in the lowest point from the reservoir.

Make 2 x 4 step 15 cm, size round 21, 18, 15, 12 mm round, oil plungers and mount them in the frame under the fender. Drill 2 holes in the fender and let the plunger run smoothly trough this holes. Cover the plungers with a W shape rubber mantel and make a nice aluminium bridge on top. The maximum rise from the bar would be about 40 cm.

Use oil pipes, car brake pipes, and bend them in the shape you need to come by your two, left and right side, plungers. Use reuseble pressure connectors to connect to tank/pump and plugners. Don’t forget to make a bridge pipe betweenthe plugners for a even rise/fall of the plugners.

Build the needed electronics to controll the process and maesure oil ammount and pressure. After testing and adjusting put the electronics in a box and fill this with clear silicones.

Mouth it somewhere as near as possible by your battery. Make all the wires coverd in pvc cover and with connectors for easy service.

Test all with and without your wife on the back.

With regardswai2.gif