Anyone Know A Good Place To Live?

I'd like to see a 3 million Baht house renting for 30,000 a month.The rent is only proptional to the type of house you want to live in.Building your own & not buying a finished package is by far to me the most economical way.But the as KJ said rent first & then make your mind up.

• 2 weeks later...
I am moving to Samui and looking for advice from anyone on a good place to live. I am moving there with my wife and my daughter, who is 3 years old. We have friends in Lamai, and wouldn't mind living south of Lamai somewhere, but we are thinking somewhere between Bophut and Nathon (North and North West) would be better. Basically, we are looking for:

- 2 bedroom place

- safe and secure feeling (funny, before I had my daughter I would have NEVER lived in a 'gated community' but now that is what I want

- clean and nice landscaping, maybe a communal pool type-thing

- air con

- budget of 40,000 a month maximum

- internet comnnection would be nice

- furnished

- good for families

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. When I was in Samui last, stayed at Samui Garden Home (not sure if anyone knows that place) and that is just what we are looking for, but with 2-bedroom places (they only have 1-bedroom places).

Thanks.

Well, that was a total waste of bandwidth. I hope nobody minded that I deleted all the posts except one (which still doesn't actually say anything but never mind, we were all new once :o )

Skipdevills;

Try the coco's development out past Ban Plae laem (not sure of the spelling), head upwards Tongsai Bay, follow the signs for Coco's. I think its called 'Cocos tropical gardens.' Huge complex with very nice two floor villas, most of which are 3-6 bedroom i think. All villas are brand new, many come with private pools. The houses are all furnished, to a very high standard. This is a gated community with private security (but the place is so big you hardly feel enclosed), many houses (I would guess upwards of 50), with a private beach and shared pool on the beach. Clubhouse launching soon. There is a fair amount of building work going on, but soon will be finished.

Most of the houses are for sale, but many that have been taken are being rented out. The price 12 months ago was 40K a month. Very nice estate, IMO.

If you head down to coco blues and ask for the office (not far from bar), then ask for Bruce Sutherland he will be able to help you. Worth a look.

If its the place I'm thinking of, I've been there. I must say it is really, really, really nice - giant place, with a bueatiful kitchen. Its also right near Choeng Mon, where I'm living now. I really like Choeng Mon because the sand is better than Chaweng, its quieter, and the roads are compareably safer than most I've seen on Samui - I get to completely avoid the Ring Road most of the time. Its near Big Buddha (and the local market there) and its 5 KM to Chaweng, on a raod that has very little traffic - you see more traffic on the road from Tesco to north Chaweng in an hour than you see all day on the road from Choeng Mon to north Chaweng.

The beach there is quite nice, and there are always lost of children around for my son to play with. (14 months) The private baech in the Cocos place sees very little use (i.e. its really rather private) but its right around the corner from one that alawys has a lot of kids.

My place is 30m from Choeng Mon beach for 10K +utilities. 1 bedroom, half furnished, about 75m2 total. (lots of windows and a great childproofable area for my son to play around in).

Good luck!