Thai Divorce Document English Language

Babe Ruth

I am about to get divorced. I will not sign a divorce document in Thai language unless I have been able to read an English language version first. Is the Thai Divorce Document in English language available or, will I have to go to the Ampuh, pick up the doc in Thai language and then go to a translation service and pay to have it translated?

I can't imagine I am the first farang to get a divorce in Thailand and want to be able to read the document before signing. So, hopefully someone will be aware of a shortcut to do this.

Thanks

I am about to get divorced. I will not sign a divorce document in Thai language unless I have been able to read an English language version first. Is the Thai Divorce Document in English language available or, will I have to go to the Ampuh, pick up the doc in Thai language and then go to a translation service and pay to have it translated?

I can't imagine I am the first farang to get a divorce in Thailand and want to be able to read the document before signing. So, hopefully someone will be aware of a shortcut to do this.

Thanks

I got divorced in Thailand many years ago so things might have changed. The document itself is quite sparse and would only take 5 minutes to translate. However, there is agreement on the division of property etc and you both have to sign agreement on this. I strongly recommend that you take an INDEPENDANT translator with you who can tell you what's going on. Make absolutely sure the translator is not being compromised in any way. This is absolutely vital, as even if you were able to get the draft documents translated outside, they could be subsequently amended and you'd never know. Don't take any chances and don't trust anyone - including the folks at the Amphur. Best of luck and take care. :o

Good heavens why on earth should a THAI DIVORCE document be in English...whats so FFing special about ENGLISH :o

Imagine all those Nigerians in Blighty wanting their "Billy Connolys" in Yoruba-Hausa or Ibo.........the mind boggles...pay the dosh and get it translated if....

Didn't you get adequate responses from the first time you posted this question? In reading it, it seems like it was answered.

but if not, why not continue with that thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59497&hl=

rather than posting it all over again in a new one???

:D

Well, let me suggest you get a life, you f**king twit! Apparently all you have to do is to try to knit pick someone else's posts. Or can't you read? One post mentioned the Thai divorce document but the main theme was regarding anything related to the divorce experience. The other was specifically related to English translations of the Thai divorce document.

Khow jai mai, you twit?

Good heavens why on earth should a THAI DIVORCE document be in English...whats so FFing special about ENGLISH :o

Imagine all those Nigerians in Blighty wanting their "Billy Connolys" in Yoruba-Hausa or Ibo.........the mind boggles...pay the dosh and get it translated if....

Well, another f**king twit with nothing to contribute. Exactly where did I say the Thai Amuth should have the document in English? I asked if an English translation was available - as in someone has already done this and can send me a copy or refer me to a Translation business that has one for sale or whatever.....

Hope you find something better to do with your time than waste other people's time, you twit!!@

Didn't you get adequate responses from the first time you posted this question? In reading it, it seems like it was answered.

Well, let me suggest you get a life, you f**king twit! Apparently all you have to do is to try to knit pick someone else's posts. Or can't you read? One post mentioned the Thai divorce document but the main theme was regarding anything related to the divorce experience. The other was specifically related to English translations of the Thai divorce document.

Khow jai mai, you twit?

my, my... you are a gentle guy, eh? :D

Can't imagine why you're getting divorced. :o

I realize you are very new to the forum, but the most efficient way to run a thread with questions is to get all your answers from it instead of running separate threads over each issue. As you DID specifically address the translation issue in the first thread:

I would like to be sure that when we get divorced, I am not signing anything that will obligate me beyond what we have agreed to. I expect the documents at the Amphur are in Thai but maybe an English translation is provided as well???

If English translation is not provided, I will not sign anything. I will take the documents and have a translation made.

In fact, it's almost verbatim of your current thread. Also, you DID receive responses to it:

There will probably be 2 copies, like there was for the marriage, and you

can have yours translated at your leisure.

If you are worried about what you will sign, then consult a lawyer and have

him/her read it through before you sign.

It will be in Thai (U dont expect it in English ..do you?)and is an official LEGAL Thai Government Document (recognised Worldwide)...

Both of these replies are accurate and correct. If you feel they aren't, then you should address it in THAT thread or ask for clarification.

You have a strange way of asking for help, but based on your angry flaming tirade (as a newbie, it'd be good if you could read the forum rules before further posting), it's apparent that you have quite a bit of hostility, which is understandable to a degree given your pending divorce.

I hope there is someone you can talk to about this and that the future can bring you some inner peace... which you apparently are in desperate need of.

Khow jai mai, you twit?

I realize you are very new to the forum, but the most efficient way to run a thread with questions is to get all your answers from it instead of running separate threads over each issue. As you DID specifically address the translation issue in the first thread:

I would like to be sure that when we get divorced, I am not signing anything that will obligate me beyond what we have agreed to. I expect the documents at the Amphur are in Thai but maybe an English translation is provided as well???

If English translation is not provided, I will not sign anything. I will take the documents and have a translation made.

In fact, it's almost verbatim of your current thread. Also, you DID receive responses to it:

It will be in Thai (U dont expect it in English ..do you?)and is an official LEGAL Thai Government Document (recognised Worldwide)...

Both of these replies are accurate and correct. If you feel they aren't, then you should address it in THAT thread or ask for clarification.

You have a strange way of asking for help, but based on your angry flaming tirade (as a newbie, it'd be good if you could read the forum rules before further posting), it's apparent that you have quite a bit of hostility, which is understandable to a degree given your pending divorce.

I hope there is someone you can talk to about this and that the future can bring you some inner peace... which you apparently are in desperate need of.

Blah, blah, blah... sorry, didn't have the time to waste to read your reply.

Khow jai mai, you twit?

Blah, blah, blah... sorry, didn't have the time to waste to read your reply.

Not only did you have time to read it, you had time to reply to it...

Thank you.

You're getting nicer by the day.... :D