Moving To Haun Hin

Sharp

Hi,

Merry Xmas to everyone ,just a quick question I am moving to Hau HIn from Phuket next year can someone tell me the best areas to rent/stay on a rental budget of 20k a month don't need beach views etc just nice furnished condo ,apartment or small house .

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

It depends on what you're looking for; how close to downtown, how close to the ocean, in or out of a development or around other foreigners or Thais, but in general you should be able to easily find a variety of condos, apartments, or small houses for that price.

To get more for your money rent directly from the landlord. Are you familiar with Hua Hin already? The best way to find the right place for your money is to come and stay in a hotel or guesthouse for a couple of weeks and drive around the neighborhoods looking for rental signs. There are plenty around. Around or just off of Sois 90 to 94 is good as it is within walking distance of many restaurants and the Market Village Mall. Condochain and Sport Villa are two popular condo/apartment choices, both south of downtown near the main road for easy transport availability via cheap baht buses. Up soi 88 from the railroad to the end of the road in the countryside has options that are near restaurants and busy in the town end but quiet in the west end.

Whether or not you have personal transport makes a big difference in the location you choose as transport away from the main road can be expensive if you go out a lot. If you do have your own transport, nearly anywhere west of the railroad from the north end of town (Bor Fai) to the south end (Nong Khae) will have something within your range.

• Like 2

It depends on what you're looking for; how close to downtown, how close to the ocean, in or out of a development or around other foreigners or Thais, but in general you should be able to easily find a variety of condos, apartments, or small houses for that price.

To get more for your money rent directly from the landlord. Are you familiar with Hua Hin already? The best way to find the right place for your money is to come and stay in a hotel or guesthouse for a couple of weeks and drive around the neighborhoods looking for rental signs. There are plenty around. Around or just off of Sois 90 to 94 is good as it is within walking distance of many restaurants and the Market Village Mall. Condochain and Sport Villa are two popular condo/apartment choices, both south of downtown near the main road for easy transport availability via cheap baht buses. Up soi 88 from the railroad to the end of the road in the countryside has options that are near restaurants and busy in the town end but quiet in the west end.

Whether or not you have personal transport makes a big difference in the location you choose as transport away from the main road can be expensive if you go out a lot. If you do have your own transport, nearly anywhere west of the railroad from the north end of town (Bor Fai) to the south end (Nong Khae) will have something within your range.

Thankyou for your quick reply..yeah was a little vague ,I have found living around foreigners seems to be the better option to be honest and living in a complex or single unit doesn't really matter as long as it fits my needs but it needs to furnished as I still have my home in Phuket.

I have only been to Hau HIn once and only for 2days so this is the reason for my post.i don't have to live in the town as I Do have a vehicle and motorbikes ,my business dealings will be around black mountain golf course so say withIn 20/30 mins from there would probably be best.

I have noted the Soi,s you mentioned as as in Phuket going direct to the landlord is Definatly the preferred option but I Am concerned a sleepy hollow in the daytime turns into a nightmare at night or the other way round as I don't know the area.

Quiet in a must for me I do like my sleep.

Last question for now is there somewhere u would personally stay away from.

Thanks again HHfrang..

So your help is noted and thanks

Check two devellopments between Hua Hin and Black Mountain. 1. Summerland or 2. Pavilion, both projects 100% farangowned, and if you wait until after the peakseason, I am sure you can get a nice furnished unit within your range.

If you want to stay in town, check the area called Naebkehard, sois 41 to 51, IMO a much nicer area, than the ghettos in soi 88, 94 or 102.

Check two devellopments between Hua Hin and Black Mountain. 1. Summerland or 2. Pavilion, both projects 100% farangowned, and if you wait until after the peakseason, I am sure you can get a nice furnished unit within your range.

If you want to stay in town, check the area called Naebkehard, sois 41 to 51, IMO a much nicer area, than the ghettos in soi 88, 94 or 102.

Ghettos? Get real, you don't half post some crap on here

If you're planning to move there, the first thing you should probably learn to do how to spell it...

Hua Hin, not Hau Hin.

Opps !!! yeah your right ....

Why should he learn how to spell it correctly? Does it make a difference if it is spelt incorrectly Har Hin will still be Hua Hin!!

If you're planning to move there, the first thing you should probably learn to do how to spell it...

Hua Hin, not Hau Hin.

Why should he learn how to spell it correctly? Does it make a difference if it is spelt incorrectly Har Hin will still be Hua Hin!!

Thats wot i thought to be honest !! Well I know where it is at least and won't be renting in the wrong place ;-)

Happy new year all...

Hua Hin, not Hau Hin.

Thats wot i thought to be honest !! Well I know where it is at least and won't be renting in the wrong place ;-)

Happy new year all...

Some people have nothing better to do than pick up on simple unimportant mistakes!!

I guess, you missed IMO ! coffee1.gif

Come again?

I too am a refugee from Phuket and have been marveling at how much better everything is in Hua Hin compared to Phuket. Although the traffic jams are something. I don't have a vehicle here so I have been using the cost efficient tuk tuks and having an orgasm over the professionalism of the drivers. The reason I mention the traffic is that I notice that within the city, parking space is hard to find.

Although market Village is nice and has a small Tesco it seems to be the only major mall here. I did note the Villa Market location. In any case, the condos that are close to Market Village are pretty decent although there are some newer structures that look sparsely occupied. I am still looking at places and am trying to get something within walking distance of the beaches. With the lack of access (with the hotels built right up to the beach) it's mighty annoying trying to find something. It is essentially dead man's turf between the Fisherman's Pier and the Hilton.

All I know is that I can get a nice condo for 6million that wold cost me 12million in Phuket.