Retiremnt Visal

Hello,

I just renewed my Retirement Visa at Bangkok Immigration Although I was impressed with the more efficient process of directing everyone to a reception, then assigning a number, the Immigration lady that processed my Visa renewal was a real b****!

I arrived at 1 PM because I had to get my bank balance certificate letter and the Verification of Pension Income form the US embassy.

At approximately 2 pm, my number was called and I presented my self to Khun Dragon, badge number 131. I greeted her with a polite Sawasdee krap, but she stared at my as if I were from another planet. First she questioned my pension amount (B72,000/month) with another officer. The conversation was in Thai, but I understood everything, especially when the other lady emphasized, “it is enough, do it!”

Last year I presented the following presented the following documents to an Immigration Officer and:

1) Form TM 7

2) Passport

3) “Pension” Letter certified by US Embassy

4) Bank Book - From My Thai bank

5) Letter certifying balance in my Thai bank account

6) Photo copies of: a) bank book first and last page, :o passport first page, c) expiring retirement visa, d) last entry stamp, e) last re-entry permit stamp, f) departure card. Last year I had forgotten one copy and the Immigration officer cheerfully made a copy for me at no charge. This year Dragon Lady creased the page of my first Thai Tourist Visa and my first 90 Day Type “O” Visa, saying “you, copy outside!”

OK, what ever; I jai yen-ed it across the street, got the copies and presented them to her.

Then she collected B1,900, took my docs to another desk and eventually returned with my receipt. Then she waived me to another desk, where I collected my newly stamped Retirement Visa. I thanked the reviewing officer, she acknowledged me and I was out the door. I will have to return to get a re-entry stamp, but that can wait for another day.

All in all, I was only at Immigration for 1.5 hours and, in fairness to the staff, the place was packed. This is my fourth renewal, so eventually I was going to get a surly officer, but I was still shocked at the unchecked rudeness of this lady.

Good luck to everyone at Immigration and I hope you successfully avoid Miss 131. What a B****!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance

Hello,

I just renewed my Retirement Visa at Bangkok Immigration Although I was impressed with the more efficient process of directing everyone to a reception, then assigning a number, the Immigration lady that processed my Visa renewal was a real b****!

I arrived at 1 PM because I had to get my bank balance certificate letter and the Verification of Pension Income form the US embassy.

At approximately 2 pm, my number was called and I presented my self to Khun Dragon, badge number 131. I greeted her with a polite Sawasdee krap, but she stared at my as if I were from another planet. First she questioned my pension amount (B72,000/month) with another officer. The conversation was in Thai, but I understood everything, especially when the other lady emphasized, “it is enough, do it!”

Last year I presented the following presented the following documents to an Immigration Officer and:

1) Form TM 7

2) Passport

6) Photo copies of: a) bank book first and last page, :o passport first page, c) expiring retirement visa, d) last entry stamp, e) last re-entry permit stamp, f) departure card. Last year I had forgotten one copy and the Immigration officer cheerfully made a copy for me at no charge. This year Dragon Lady creased the page of my first Thai Tourist Visa and my first 90 Day Type “O” Visa, saying “you, copy outside!”

OK, what ever; I jai yen-ed it across the street, got the copies and presented them to her.

Then she collected B1,900, took my docs to another desk and eventually returned with my receipt. Then she waived me to another desk, where I collected my newly stamped Retirement Visa. I thanked the reviewing officer, she acknowledged me and I was out the door. I will have to return to get a re-entry stamp, but that can wait for another day.

All in all, I was only at Immigration for 1.5 hours and, in fairness to the staff, the place was packed. This is my fourth renewal, so eventually I was going to get a surly officer, but I was still shocked at the unchecked rudeness of this lady.

Good luck to everyone at Immigration and I hope you successfully avoid Miss 131. What a B****!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance

I do agree with you they are very rude. This could be due to the nature of their job.

They do not feel that they are providing a service. They feel we are begging them. The treatment is totally different when you go to a Thai restaurant.

Well, just "Tam Jai Noi", after all, you get what you wanted.

Next time, show them more money on the book , they do have double standards

Hello,

1) Form TM 7

2) Passport

Lance

I do agree with you they are very rude. This could be due to the nature of their job.

They do not feel that they are providing a service. They feel we are begging them. The treatment is totally different when you go to a Thai restaurant.

Well, just "Tam Jai Noi", after all, you get what you wanted.

Next time, show them more money on the book , they do have double standards

Yes, at least I did receive my Visa and I was only at Immigration for about 1.5 hours. Actually, in the past I've had some very pleasant dealings with immigration. I always dress properly and act in a polite manner.

I wonder if government officials ever tire of being surly and become (temporarily) polite to break the monotony?!?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa