The Blissful Moment

Gaccha

It made my Xmas Day.

An old Thai man walked up to me and in regular speed, regular Thai asked:"The bus stop is over there but you're standing over here. There's nobody over there... Is this where the bus stops...?"

I answered him and he contendly waited for the bus. He didn't act surprised, he didn't compliment my Thai, he just .... Understood.

Bliss. No forethought, no pretend-to-not-understand-farang-so-i-can-practice-English.... Just an everyday chat.

When are your moments of language bliss?

• Like 1

clap2.gif

Very, very nice!

One day i gave a bum(real bumthumbsup.gif ) a B1000 note because i felt doing this made me feel better.

While being distracted by his own amazement he managed to give me a waiwai.gif and i understood him.

That was my thai language bliss.smile.png

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

My first one was when I was at a Thai restaurant in the US waiting near the counter for my order to go. The guy at the counter dropped the pen and it fell behind a little statue on the counter. The phone rang and a different guy picked it up, looked for the pen to take the order, then turned to the back and asked in Thai where the pen was so I picked it up and handed to him and replied "นี่ครับ". I wish I could have taken a picture of the dumbstruck look on the guys face.

My level of Thai was really low at the time but I was was able to understand him and give the correct reply.

Edited by kikenyoy
  • Like 2

clap2.gif

Very, very nice!

One day i gave a bum(real bumthumbsup.gif ) a B1000 note because i felt doing this made me feel better.

While being distracted by his own amazement he managed to give me a waiwai.gif and i understood him.

Where do you live ? l will dig out my old holed Levi's and T shirt. thumbsup.gif

clap2.gif

Very, very nice!

Where do you live ? l will dig out my old holed Levi's and T shirt. thumbsup.gif

Naah, you'd probably look too good

clap2.gif

Very, very nice!

Nooooo, l wear the Levi's as a hat and the T as under pants, noooooooooo troooooooousers. laugh.png
  • Like 1

clap2.gif

Very, very nice!

Nooooo, l wear the Levi's as a hat and the T as under pants, noooooooooo troooooooousers. laugh.png

Thats worth B1000 to me right there.biggrin.png

• Like 1