Translation Of Passport

Does anyone know if those offices around Wireless road are open at night?

Also, how long does the translation take at the embassy - I'm hoping to go in the morning and finish by noon to get some other business done.

Also, does anyone know the cost?

There are some things the you apply for,Yellow Tambien Baan Book, that you have to provide a certified translation of the bio page of your passport, but the embassies don't do it, you have to get it done by a translations service. All the embassy will do is provide a certified ture copy of your passport, $50 for Americans. Americans need to make appointmnets for this service at the embassy. The translation services that I have used are only open during normal business hours, but some of them will do it by mail.

I had to have a certified true copy of my passsport, a certified translation of the bio page and both documents certified by the MFA in Chiang Wattana to apply for the Yellow Book. My application was still rejected because I was told that they were forgeries by someone whose elevator didn't go all the way to the top!

The embassy doesn't translate a document, it only legalises it (says it is a true copy). Duration and cost depends on the embassy in question.

At night you will not find a translation agency open. But you should be able to find an agency open till 8 PM. (Many language schools will also provide translation of documents).

As has been mentioned, often (but not always) a certified copy of your passport just means a copy of your passport signed by you.

There are some things the you apply for,Yellow Tambien Baan Book, that you have to provide a certified translation of the bio page of your passport, but the embassies don't do it, you have to get it done by a translations service. All the embassy will do is provide a certified ture copy of your passport, $50 for Americans. Americans need to make appointmnets for this service at the embassy. The translation services that I have used are only open during normal business hours, but some of them will do it by mail.

I had to have a certified true copy of my passsport, a certified translation of the bio page and both documents certified by the MFA in Chiang Wattana to apply for the Yellow Book. My application was still rejected because I was told that they were forgeries by someone whose elevator didn't go all the way to the top!

I need it for getting on the Blue book.

The embassy will only give you a certified true copy of your passport in English, they wiil not certify theThai Translation. The certified true copy of your passport along with the translation , certified by the translation Company, must be submitted to the Legalization Department of the MFA at Chaing Wattana and they will certify the translation. Cost 400 baht regular service, 800 baht express, same day if in early. I went through all of this with the US embassy for the "yellow" book.

• Like 1

The embassy will only give you a certified true copy of your passport in English, they wiil not certify theThai Translation. The certified true copy of your passport along with the translation , certified by the translation Company, must be submitted to the Legalization Department of the MFA at Chaing Wattana and they will certify the translation. Cost 400 baht regular service, 800 baht express, same day if in early. I went through all of this with the US embassy for the "yellow" book.

Thanks a lot - saved me a lot of wasted time, money!