Question About Blacklist

I have a friend of mine who use to live in Thailand for 5 years, and he got an overstayed in Thailand....

He use to have Iranian passport but now he is Canadian citizenship.

Before he depart from Thailand in 2007 he went to the IDC (Internation Detention Centre) for 6 days and then he paid the fine (Less than 16,000 baht) if I'm not wrong....

Now he wants to go to Thailand for his vocation during the Songkran Festival, but he is afraid if he buys the ticket and found out at the Airport in Bangkok that his name is in the blacklist

Can he check before he visit to Thailand or how can he make sure he will be able to enter to the country or not?

Thanks

Go to a thai embassy and get a visa

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Even a visa doesn't guarantee he will be admitted.But doubtful he is blacklisted for overstay. Has he cleaned up his act and will he go home when vacation over.

He stayed at the IDC for 6 days and paid 16,000 baht and they took him to the court...

He is definitely going to have to come back to Canada because he is studying in Toronto.

Go to the consulate at17 Isabella Street in Toronto. If he lives in Toronto it's an overnight service drop off forms (they'll even help you fill out the forms there - they did with me), small office, no waiting. As someone said, there is no such things as a for sure but, with a visa in his passport there should be no problem because he has been screened by the consulate. A single entry TV is cheap.

I do not think they screen when they check for a tourist visa....only for non O and long stay.

So should I take him to get the visa in Candada first if he is getting only travel visa like tourist?

The stop would come at the border.....they do screen there.

If blacklisted he would have been told and a note should have been made in his passport.

6 day overstay is normally 3,000 baht. I suspect your friend wasn't caught at the airport but picked-up and arrested somewhere else and brought before a judge. A judge typically gives a lower fine then 500 baht a day (I believe 200 baht a day). But he would have been detained till he not only had paid the fine but also had paid for) a flight out of the country, hence the about 16,000 baht.

I do not think they screen when they check for a tourist visa....only for non O and long stay.

So should I take him to get the visa in Candada first if he is getting only travel visa like tourist?

The stop would come at the border.....they do screen there.

So what you are saying is that he will only be able to find out if he is blacklisted or not at the immigration in Bangkok international airport only right?

If so then he is risking on the flight ticket as well then right ?

If blacklisted he would have been told and a note should have been made in his passport.

6 day overstay is normally 3,000 baht. I suspect your friend wasn't caught at the airport but picked-up and arrested somewhere else and brought before a judge. A judge typically gives a lower fine then 500 baht a day (I believe 200 baht a day). But he would have been detained till he not only had paid the fine but also had paid for) a flight out of the country, hence the about 16,000 baht.

He was overstayed for 5 years and he didn't get arrested but he was like a refugee..

He paid 16,000 baht and in the IDC for 6 days and then they took him to the airport and flight to Canada and now he is with his new Canadian passport... When he was in Thailand it was Iranian passport...

if he was deported on an Iranian passport then this is a no brainer ...if he has a Canadian passport now, the door is open

No; this is not true; a new passport will always contain information about which passport (& #) it replaces. Besides that; a Thai' Blacklist is files on (1) Full Name; AND (2) Passport Number(s). The issuing of a Visa is by no means a guarantee of actual entry into the Kingdom.

if he was deported on an Iranian passport then this is a no brainer ...if he has a Canadian passport now, the door is open

No; this is not true; a new passport will always contain information about which passport (& #) it replaces. Besides that; a Thai' Blacklist is files on (1) Full Name; AND (2) Passport Number(s). The issuing of a Visa is by no means a guarantee of actual entry into the Kingdom.

1) The Canadian passport wouldn't "replace" an Iranian passport.

2) There is nothing in my passport that says anything about the previous passport. And they're both for the same country.

I have read your post and I do not think you have said how long he wants to go for only he wants to go for Songkran.That could be 3 days.If he is coming on a Canadian passport be gets 30 days on arrival.Do not go near Embassys or alert authorites and ask for advice that is the worse thing you can do just fill out the card you get on the plane and go to immigration they will let him in.If he wants more than 30 days sorry I cannot help you