Welcome To New Members - 2556/2013

Tywais

Welcome raeme!

Are you in Myanmar? I can speak a few words in Karen (but not many thumbsup.gif )

Enjoy the forum!

Nope, im from Singapore but I have relatives from the Karen hilltribe in Chiangmai. I cant speak thai though.

Don't worry, nor can I. smile.png ..................................welcomeani.gif

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Admin I am also enjoying my activity on Forum and it gives us lots of information and give chance to share our information also.

Well get off the forum and start training, but get a couple of those dog handler covers for your arms first! biggrin.png

good site this seems - very glad to have arrived on it biggrin.png

I hope you brought lotsa cat food for Patsy.

Keep 'em purring and scratching their heads.

Welcome! smile.png

aye I will dae. Right bunch o scunners on here at times ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading Thai Visa Forum for quite a while.

I've visited different parts of Asia for many years, but never Thailand.

However that's about to change as I'm planning a trip to Buri Ram later this year.

I'm looking to retire early next year and considering migrating to Thailand, so I'll have a lot of questions to ask later.

Cheers guys,

Paul.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Back in LOS since last November... All together living here for about 5 years now.

I've always used TV as a good source of information. Finally decided to register and hopefully I am able to contribute something positive here.

• Like 1

New here, I was living in Thailand from 2010-2012. Currently living in the US now with my Thai wife. I will be moving back to Thailand next year to start a business under the Treaty of Amity. Looking forward to learning and sharing information from others.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I'm from Knoxville, Tennessee in the US of A and have lived in Udon Thani for the past three years. I follow the local forums in Udon, but just felt like I needed to expand my horizons a bit to help pass the time. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully making some meaningful contributions with my posts. Best regards to all!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Been register on the forums since 2007 or so...but only just started to post/speak today in some threads.

Currently reside in thailand as a student, trying to read and write the language. To speak it even!

Seriously considering staying long term, and to find work, but then again I've been here over 2 years already....so,..before that, 11 years of medical experience doing ambulance, physician assistant work etc...3 years of it in military service....burnt out from all medical emergancy calls....

I'm a very healthy 44 year old male with a wealth of work and life experience, and yearn for work...a new career... Need to work....

Anyways...nice to meet you all....great forum, and love the news that trickles in daily about everything here., even a lot of the comments/stories that follow in posts... Though i try to filter out all the jaded, biased, and somewhat narrow views some may have....

It amazes me how some folks can spend so much time in Thailand, yet know so little or so much, by choice, or just plain ignorance, but i guess that comes with spending too much time in certain areas over other areas... *wink *wink

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Im a noob here. I work for a company in Australia where 90% of our product comes from our factory in Chon Buri. I'll be moving over there for 12 months soon to better understand the intricacies of the factory operations and develop closer communications with our suppliers... all on my Australian salary :) Got a million questions to ask about living there, but ill try and see what i can find first before flooding anything with rehashed questions.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please rent before buy the condo in Bangkok. there're so many hidden problems. I have a room in Baan Sathorn Chao praya. My parking building is now a little village for employees and manager. Rooms being rent to the short term tourists. Many lawsuits against owners . Please be careful.

Hello!

Just bought a 1 bedroom suite Condo in Koh Samui near Fisherman's village.

Going on my second week here and loving it.

Sighed up for Thai Language classes, with ED visa.

Saving now for the Retirement Visa.

17 years on Japan

Fluent in reading writing speaking Japanese

7 years in Hong Kong

Infant level of speaking Cantonese and Mandarin.

Left American at the age of 28 in 1989 and have not gone back ever since.

Well, of course to visit family.

Now buying things for the place and exploring the Island.

Hope to meet friends here.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello! I'm Ren. Not planning to move to Thailand but coming for six weeks in oct/nov for our first family holiday! This is the best place I've found in my searching for information.

I hope it is okay to have joined and to ask questions in the relevant sub-forums.

There is myself and partner with our two girls 6 and 3. We only just managed to keep our family together in the last year or so but we have despite a lot of not nice stuff. :) So we are going to do the clichéd thing and get married while we are there. Haha

Well, looking forward to hearing people's advice!

Hello! I'm Ren. Not planning to move to Thailand but coming for six weeks in oct/nov for our first family holiday! This is the best place I've found in my searching for information.

I hope it is okay to have joined and to ask questions in the relevant sub-forums.

There is myself and partner with our two girls 6 and 3. We only just managed to keep our family together in the last year or so but we have despite a lot of not nice stuff. :) So we are going to do the clichéd thing and get married while we are there. Haha

Welcome to the forum! :)

May I suggest you avoid Koh Samui during this time due to the rain.

Also suggest you visit Chiang Rai for a few days....very beautiful area.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

i've just joined this board and i've been to thailand many times in the past and now I'm planning a move to los by the end of the year.

so i guess im hoping to get some help and information from the forum and do my best to contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I used to be a traveller then decided to settle down and get a job in Thailand. Been loving this country for years...the food, the people, the culture. I'm currently a personal tutor. I'm learning Thai lesson now, it's very fascinating language. Nice knowing you all. Cheers!

Hi, I used to be a traveller then decided to settle down and get a job in Thailand. Been loving this country for years...the food, the people, the culture. I'm currently a personal tutor. I'm learning Thai lesson now, it's very fascinating language. Nice knowing you all. Cheers!

welcome and enjoy this beautiful country

There is myself and partner with our two girls 6 and 3. We only just managed to keep our family together in the last year or so but we have despite a lot of not nice stuff. smile.png So we are going to do the clichéd thing and get married while we are there. Haha

Welcome to the forum! smile.png

May I suggest you avoid Koh Samui during this time due to the rain.

Also suggest you visit Chiang Rai for a few days....very beautiful area.

anywhere up north is beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well ;-)

I'm Thai and a newbie here. From time to time I visit The Forum just to read the feedback/opinion from foreigners who live in Thailand or considering immigrating to Thailand.

Myself, I work as a project manager and interior designer for a construction company based in BKK. At the moment I have been assigned to do feasibility study; "Trends on Future Living Community" (to study the change of today's society living and quality of life and turns it into products). Apart from work I like travelling, practicing meditation and self defence. ...

Welcome all of you guys to Thailand.

Take care

Liss

Howdy.

I'm 59 and retired in the Phoenix, AZ area. I got bored sitting around the house and decided to move out of country for a year or 10. One last adventure.

I was stationed at Udorn air base in 1975. I never lived on base. Too many annoying farongs.

I was thinking Mexico, Costa Rica, Uruguay and then, I stumbled on a youtube for Chiang Mai and a light went off. I visited for 2 weeks and really loved the place. It's grown a bit. smile.png

I've thought about it for a month and have become a bit obsessed with the idea.

After deciding on Chiang Mai, I kept seeing references tor Chiang Rai and there went that light again. I'm looking for a reasonably quite and peaceful place and Chiang Rai seems about right.

I'm married and divorced from a thai so I'm reasonably familiar with what's what. I am brushing up on my very basic thai and will start on my paperwork for a retirement visa in a couple of weeks.

My goal was to be in Chiang Rai in late march, early April, which unfortunately is the burning season. My first thought was that I may be able to score a decent bungalow in the off season. My second was that I should bring a bunch of masks. We shall see.

I've been reading posts here and It's been very helpful.

Thanks to all the posters.

Edited by itsadryheat

hi all my name is pablo i live in thailand with my wife in chiwuuk!!!, 1hour from korat and lovin it!!!,im a ex pro blues harp player so am very intrested in members of same ilk, (musos) thats it thanks, oh yea i did try pattaya addicts . com but think its full of retards!! your site seems to have a better class of person or persons thanks pablo.