Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

Assurancetourix

I use a free program called Faststone (there are many others too) to resize all my photos in a batch before posting to Flickr and then I can post easilyfrom there to Thaivisa. I too like large photos, but not when they spoil enjoyment for others, so I keep large originals on my system after posting the reduced-size ones.

I hope that this helps you to comply with Thai visa without causing you undue stress or inconvenience. It really is so easy to do.

I also try to always leave a blank line or two below any I might make in a post (comment or title of the photo), so that no text can possibly throw the photo further to the right (ie off the screen)....or vice versa

Thank you to everybody with your kind answer about what to do ;

I didn't saw I can send differents sizes using Flickr ;

I have ten differents choices from

Carre 75 x 75 to original size which can be 1200 x 900 or more until a genuine RAW shot ...

But I don't shot in that format because I don't know how to use Photoshop or similar programes.

so I can upload original RAW pictures on Flickr and choose a little carre 75 x 75 if I want or need for example here on ThaiVisa .

Now, I know I can upload a 800 x 535 ; so I will do .

@ DAL...Your post #3357...Interesting shot especially with the

guy on the bike in the background. Next time try and get a

bit tighter on the main subject (flute man) and it will be a much

better picture. Don't be shy to get closer...perhaps drop a few

Baht into his bucket too! He won't mind... Or try a crop with

the pic you have...

INTERESTING...w00t.gifNow is the time; It's the flutey-man, sunshine. He's not in it for the money. Ironed clothes/clean finger nails,shiny sandals etc, etc,etc.. One of my best/easy subjects, so far because he was NOT afraid of the camera^ ^.

Thanks, sunshine, I always read your advice and colourful comments with interest and joy.thumbsup.gif I tried B&W first but he comes out much better in colour on second thought.

15951436570_dfe064caf0_b.jpg

[edit]@Ron, I like the first picture you took from the table. Although your images appear very/too yellow/orange many times, like here...

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

@ DAL...Your post #3357...Interesting shot especially with the

guy on the bike in the background. Next time try and get a

bit tighter on the main subject (flute man) and it will be a much

better picture. Don't be shy to get closer...perhaps drop a few

Baht into his bucket too! He won't mind... Or try a crop with

the pic you have...

INTERESTING...w00t.gifNow is the time; It's the flutey-man, sunshine. He's not in it for the money. Ironed clothes/clean finger nails,shiny sandals etc, etc,etc.. One of my best/easy subjects, so far because he was NOT afraid of the camera^ ^.

Thanks, sunshine, I always read your advice and colourful comments with interest and joy.thumbsup.gif I tried B&W first but he comes out much better in colour on second thought.

[edit]@Ron, I like the first picture you took from the table. Although your images appear very/too yellow/orange many times, like here...

Natural colours as shot !

• Like 1

Tyways had written :

" to no more than 1024 pixels wide. 800 wide is pretty optimum for the vast majority of browsers/monitors. "

I have an old desk computer; it is nearly 10 years old ; and my monitor is a 22" wide ;

I know many people have wider monitors than mine .

I think Tyways wrote that when the biggest Monitor were 17 " wide;

I had one like that in 1992 ...tongue.png

I think a photo 800 wide isn't beautiful ;

I resized mine 1200 x 900 and sometimes 1500 x 1125

Never mind about the " like this " wink.png

It wasn't an arbitrary number nor based on old information. I used statistics from a site on monitor resolutions based on percentage of visitors. 1366x768 is the predominant resolution. Add in the right and left borders of the forum page and you have reduced the viewable image size even more so 1024 is a safe bet. Firefox unfortunately doesn't autosize images on Thaivisa even though it is supposed to and appears a conflict somewhere in the forum software and images. Chrome autosizes correctly.

post-566-0-33710200-1419907000_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I guess we should have started a new discussion on this! wink.pngrolleyes.gif

A very instructive lign here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785874-how-to-move-from-jpg-to-raw/page-2#entry8869196

I think I will work with what I have

Artwiever Free4 ;

Photoscape

Photofilter 7

One of my friends will arrive next 1st of january and he works everyday on these logiciels : Photoshop and Lightroom;

he will explain many things to me in our language : french clap2.gif

PS , do u know this logiciel : a french one ..

http://www.dxo.com/fr/photographie/logiciels-photo/dxo-opticspro

Edited by Assurancetourix

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785874-how-to-move-from-jpg-to-raw/page-2#entry8869196

Artwiever Free4 ;

Photoscape

Photofilter 7

One of my friends will arrive next 1st of january and he works everyday on these logiciels : Photoshop and Lightroom;

Good for you , maybe have a try at Lightroom as well , would be a benefit .

Artwiever Free4 ;

Photoscape

Photofilter 7

Good for you , maybe have a try at Lightroom as well , would be a benefit .

SJ...DxO Optics Pro is very good SW. Not everybody likes Adobe or uses it and

DxO is a fantastic alternative. I like the ability to freely download their plugins

for various camera bodies and lenses(about all that are made-bodies & lenses).

Version 10 is 64 bit only then again there is no excuse not to have a 64 bit PC

these days. As for myself, I played around with version 9 and purchased version

10 just a couple months ago. I like it a lot. That said I also have LR 5.7.1 too (64 bit)

& PS-CS6 (64bit). Bit over the top as far as SW is concerned when one will do just fine

but I like a choice when I want that choice. DxO is good stuff...try a demo version

yourself & see. It's easy to use.

Edited by sunshine51

^^^ SJ....

I was a die hard PS user for many years and the only additions other than a few nifty plugins

were Adobe's Camera Raw (whatever was the latest) and their DNG converter. When LR

first hit the scene I didn't even give it a passing glance as I thought it was just like ACDSee

which I love to use for file management...even today. Then I began to see some LR antics

with pix & went...Hmmmmmmm...maybe I'll give it a try. The rest is history and so is the $$$

to upgrade LR & PS over the years! That's the catch eh. Then a few years ago I began to

hear about this DxO software...initially thinking it was for DX format and shrugging it off.

But it wasn't only for DX...and I saw some colleagues work with it/from it and I was pretty

impressed at what the SW did. So I eventually gave versions 8 & 9 a tryout and really

liked what it does...so I bought v10. More $$$ sure...but since I'm pleased with it the

$$$ were well spent. As I mentioned before I really like the ability to install lens plugins

for free....yeah...I like free stuff too...we all do...especially if it's useful free stuff!

DxO seems to have the lens algorithms suitcased and it really shows when you work

a pic. Anyway I agree that LR has some quirks in it that are hard to learn/implement

and to remedy that it takes time....lots of time! Or not so much depending on your

work load at the end of the day. There's good SW out there...I just wish that some

bright individual would come up with a PS/LR/DxO replacment that is open source

and does what those do & perhaps better. Now that would be a nifty freebe to have

eh?!

Happy New Year in advance!

^^^ SJ....

I was a die hard PS user for many years and the only additions other than a few nifty plugins

were Adobe's Camera Raw (whatever was the latest) and their DNG converter. When LR

first hit the scene I didn't even give it a passing glance as I thought it was just like ACDSee

which I love to use for file management...even today. Then I began to see some LR antics

with pix & went...Hmmmmmmm...maybe I'll give it a try. The rest is history and so is the $$$

to upgrade LR & PS over the years! That's the catch eh. Then a few years ago I began to

hear about this DxO software...initially thinking it was for DX format and shrugging it off.

But it wasn't only for DX...and I saw some colleagues work with it/from it and I was pretty

impressed at what the SW did. So I eventually gave versions 8 & 9 a tryout and really

liked what it does...so I bought v10. More $$$ sure...but since I'm pleased with it the

$$$ were well spent. As I mentioned before I really like the ability to install lens plugins

for free....yeah...I like free stuff too...we all do...especially if it's useful free stuff!

DxO seems to have the lens algorithms suitcased and it really shows when you work

a pic. Anyway I agree that LR has some quirks in it that are hard to learn/implement

and to remedy that it takes time....lots of time! Or not so much depending on your

work load at the end of the day. There's good SW out there...I just wish that some

bright individual would come up with a PS/LR/DxO replacment that is open source

and does what those do & perhaps better. Now that would be a nifty freebe to have

eh?!

Happy New Year in advance!

I did download the DxO and gave it a quick try, this morning, it mucho $$$ 99.00 I think it was...facepalm.gif LR5 is cheaper ... money is a object... wink.png

I think I am just going to have to use the LR more and get used to the quirks!

Seems to have some of the same features of LR... except every thing in reverse, like Windooze compared to Mac!

I used to use ACDsee too, in my PC days, but they have not come up with a good Mac version, last time I tried it was very slow to respond to editing... bah.gif

Well we'll see how it goes.... thanks a bunch for the suggestion anyway...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1