Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

Sorry, managed to get rid of the PF.

Clever shot, MJP, I can learn from this.thumbsup.gif

You need a really fast lens (f/1.2 is ideal if you can find one) and a sensor that can produce images with low noise up to ISO1600, bit of work in post.

My f/1.2 is manual focus only and very tricky to focus in low light at f1.2 due to the extremely shallow depth of field.

This was a lucky shot.

This was a lucky shot.

Yes, and I am micky mouse..tongue.png

Really, I am just a beginner. And what I mean is you must have pre-set some basic settings like exposure/aperture and shuttertime. This would give you a head start in getting that lucky shot.

I could be wrong.

This was a lucky shot.

Yes, and I am micky mouse..tongue.png

Really, I am just a beginner. And what I mean is you must have pre-set some basic settings like exposure/aperture and shuttertime. This would give you a head start in getting that lucky shot.

I could be wrong.

For that shot I went out with the camera set to Manual Focus, ISO 1600, Spot Metering and the Aperture set on the lens to f/1.2. That's about it really. You can use Catch-in-Focus on the Pentax but I find this a hinderance. I do have a magnifying eyecup fitted to the viewfinder to aid manual focusing, but it's only x1.2 magnification. Exposure I leave on Av.

Then a load of thugs ruined it by setting off flash bang grenades (fireworks) whilst me and the neighbours hid behind the garden hedge. There really are savages up here.

Edited by MJP

For that shot I went out with the camera set to Manual Focus, ISO 1600, Spot Metering and the Aperture set on the lens to f/1.2. That's about it really. You can use Catch-in-Focus on the Pentax but I find this a hinderance. I do have a magnifying eyecup fitted to the viewfinder to aid manual focusing, but it's only x1.2 magnification. Exposure I leave on Av.

Then a load of thugs ruined it by setting off flash bang grenades (fireworks) whilst me and the neighbours hid behind the garden hedge. There really are savages up here.

Sorry to hear that. Those flash grenades must have brought a whole different meaning to over-exposure.smile.png.

Just a quick question. While snapping in AV mode I manually adjust exposure on the spot by using the +/- button within a range from -3 to +3 in steps of 1/3ds. Is this wrong?

I admire the Pentax product. But I am not ready for that,yetrolleyes.gif.

Thanks,

Sorry to hear that. Those flash grenades must have brought a whole different meaning to over-exposure.smile.png.

Just a quick question. While snapping in AV mode I manually adjust exposure on the spot by using the +/- button within a range from -3 to +3 in steps of 1/3ds. Is this wrong?

I admire the Pentax product. But I am not ready for that,yetrolleyes.gif.

Thanks,

Not wrong at all. It's a quick way of changing the exposure. You can likely change the steps to 1/2 or even 1 EV if that makes it quicker. For low light you can also use TAv where you set the exposure and aperture and the camera decides on the ISO required, i.e., Auto ISO. I like to keep the ISO within a sensible, workable range for the camera (above ISO1600 and noise starts to become a problem), so I set the maximum Auto ISO within a desired range on the K-5 IIs.

I'm heading to BKK in search of a K-3. I've decided life is too short and money loses too much value to bother saving much, at least that's my excuse.

I'm heading to BKK in search of a K-3. I've decided life is too short and money loses too much value to bother saving much, at least that's my excuse.

Indeed. And you are able to appreciate the K-3smile.png. I dont even have/use a viewfinder on my cam..laugh.png.

Good luck.

Indeed. And you are able to appreciate the K-3smile.png. I dont even have/use a viewfinder on my cam..laugh.png.

Good luck.

Which camera are you using?

I started out with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 when they came out. I've been working very, very hard at bankrupting myself ever since.

I started out with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 when they came out. I've been working very, very hard at bankrupting myself ever since.

1 year ago I started photography with the Canon S100, I chose this one in particular because it has a dial in the front and at the back which can be pre-programmed to just about any function. I figured if I really want to learn the skill of photograpy I needed to keep manual control over digital... Don't be lazy, so to say. Works for me.smile.png. I want to learn more.

Thanks,

1 year ago I started photography with the Canon S100, I chose this one in particular because it has a dial in the front and at the back which can be pre-programmed to just about any function. I figured if I really want to learn the skill of photograpy I needed to keep manual control over digital... Don't be lazy, so to say. Works for me.smile.png. I want to learn more.

Thanks,

You can have some fun with longer lenses . . . .

10379715584_439f5c7620_b.jpg

• Like 1

My Pentax 15mm f/4.0 Limited is also pretty good around f/8 with very low flare even shooting straight into the sun.

Beautiful, MJP. I can almost smell that room here.

I am curious: It also feels like the room is bend in 3D. Have you accomplished this effect by positioning the frame point close to the power unit?

You do owe the thread a nice street shot now...thumbsup.gif

Thanks,

My Pentax 15mm f/4.0 Limited is also pretty good around f/8 with very low flare even shooting straight into the sun.

Beautiful, MJP. I can almost smell that room here.

I am curious: It also feels like the room is bend in 3D. Have you accomplished this effect by positioning the frame point close to the power unit?

You do owe the thread a nice street shot now...thumbsup.gif

Thanks,

I need to go and take some.

Sign found on a small island in Phang Na , not much higher ground than the top of a tree on that one !

Thought it may make for a good viewing though.

Goompa, to stay on topic together with you, Dancealot will add a thumbs up and a street .wai.gif

Thailand20123103.jpg

• Like 2