Big Fluffy Pillows And Comfortable Bed Sheets

sharktooth

I bought all my bedding items from 'Central' department store.....that was mmm.... 8yrs ago and everything is still good as new.

However, I do recall spending a pretty-penny for the stuff. But,hey, we are still sleeping well in it. Cheers

Central. Anything else will fall apart in months. Our sheets and pillows from Central cost a fortune but are still in use more than 5 years later. The cheapiies for the guest bedroom were rags in less than a year.

I agree with Central, my sheets are really good cotton and you can notice the difference over cheapo ones. However,as Electrified says they are expensive, but well worth it for comfort..

I have two memory foam pillows of differing heights, that I brought from the UK and I really like them.

Central. Anything else will fall apart in months. Our sheets and pillows from Central cost a fortune but are still in use more than 5 years later. The cheapiies for the guest bedroom were rags in less than a year.

I agree with Central, my sheets are really good cotton and you can notice the difference over cheapo ones. However,as Electrified says they are expensive, but well worth it for comfort..

I have two memory foam pillows of differing heights, that I brought from the UK and I really like them.

Cheers, I'll head down tomorrow.

Emporium in Bangkok for anyone heading that way. Expensive of course but some really nice thick Egyptian cotton with very deep sides to the fitted sheets so they dont pull away from the underside, various styles of luxury pillows - I rather like the ones that are shaped a bit like a low flat box - and pillowcases/duvet covers with nice broad fringes. A bit OTT to use throughout a house (and you'd need a bank loan) but nice to have a bit of luxury for yourself an perhaps the guest room.

I'm not about to start an new thread but the OP's request got me thinking.

Big Fluffy Pillows...

Where the hell can I find some Continental pillows with cases to match.

About a year ago visited all the popular places with no success and made do with bolster pillows.

Any Ideas? Even if someone can custom make it would be greatly appreciated.

I bring sheets with me on trips to our house in Bosang. There are five beds, so buying at Central would be somewhat expensive, and I try to keep enough sheets for each bed and a spare for each bed. For my trip this summer, I just bought two sets of 1600 count egyptian sheets for $20 a piece, on sale. Its too bad that my wife doesn't like using the top sheet. Is that common in Thailand?

I made a special trip down to Bangkok to shop for sheets, because the selection was so limited at our little Central Dept Store in Chiang Mai. Excellent selection at Central Chidlom and they delivered them to my hotel room, so I didn't have to haul a big package on the Skytrain. Emporium also had a great selection of really high-end sheets. Part of the reason I went is that they actually have a good selection of high-quality top sheets at these big stores in Bangkok.

I didn't get the really high-end products from Emporium, just very good quality from Central and everything is still going strong after four years. In fact, I haven't opened about half my stash because the three sets we use are holding up just fine.

I got colors and patterns that co-ordinate so we can use the pillowcases from one set with the sheets from another it everything still looks OK.

Had I known that Thai king-size beds are the same size as the ones in the U.S., I would have visited Bed,Bath and Beyond just before moving here.

Edited by NancyL

There is a shop on Chiang Moi that sells flat top sheets. It's a large shop, in a corner location, on the south side (that's the right side if you're driving from the old city to Warorot on Chiang Moi.) The shop sells sofas and mattresses and also has flat sheets. But, the quality isn't very good and they only last about a year.

Part of why I went to Central Chidlom Bangkok is because I heard they had a good selection of top flat sheets of good quality, which they did. The bedding dept at their Chidlom store was the size of an entire floor of our Central KSK. Maybe we'll have better selection here once the new Central opens.

Another alternative is to have a seamstress whip them up. The ones from the Chiang Moi shop are actually three pieces, sewed together. That's the way a seamstress would do it since appparently it's impossible to find fabric of a suitable width here.

Edited by NancyL

There is a shop in Warorot market which sells fabric--they are right across the street from the entrance to the

Chinese Temple--the owner speaks perfect English--and they have a limited selection of 100 per cent cotton sheets

at a fraction of the price of Central. I asked if she could make me a flat sheet out of the same material, and

she could. I then asked if she could make fitted sheets with extra deep pockets and she could. Also had a duvet

cover made and extra shams. After four years both sets that I purchased from her are still in great condition.

If I recall custom made king fitted sheet, two pillow cases, two shams, a bolster pillow, a flat sheet, and a duvet cover cost me

around 3000 baht, which I think is a bargain considering the quality--and everything matches!!!

There is an excellent very large fabric shop close to Tha Pei Rd not far from Warorot. It is family owned and all there are extremely helpful and carry a huge array of bedding material of all calibers. Sorry I don't have their card at hand so don't have name, address, or phone nbr, but if needed I can research it. Believe the name is International Fabrics or something similar and it's on the east side of a road leaving Warorat area, about 1/3 block from ThaPei Rd. They don't do finishing, but can direct you to a shop that does.

I'm not adding anything to the ops question, but would like to pose a question myself.

Can anyone advise where I can buy top sheets, ie,sheets that are NOT fitted?

My wife makes all are bedding. Just buy the material you want and have some one sew it together for you. Might be a bit tricky if you get a pattern to make the seam match.

the best i find it was a hang dong, handy craft market, if I remember well his beings have the soi 6, (well if its any one interested i have somewhere the card) is a schop selling sheets, pillow, all colors in cotton, supert qualiter price, they are all, xxxl, it sells wholesale to all hotels, and thats for her that they were all big with small price,resonable pricewai.gif

agreed in the china town area a few quality fabric shops with all quality of different fabrics to suit all taste and pockets.

easy enough to get a tailor to sew it a well finished seam up.

Bedcovers and duvets are not difficult and you can get one sown up for around 20bor less

• 2 months later...

marcofrenchpolo is correct - If you've spent time in a qualtiy hotel in Chiang Mai they probably got the linens here. The shop is located in Baan Tawai Zone 5 Soi 15 .about 1/3 the way into the Soi....... The shop name is KV Collection 081-5955064 and they supply some/most of the 5 star hotels in CM. These are the exact same linens I've wandered all over town to find. I recognized them as soon as I saw them. 100% cotton from South Africa - then sewed and packaged in Thailand.

We bought 4 queen sheets, two pillows and cases + two big cotton bath sized towels for 3600TB.

The owner said the hotels re-supply once a year and I'm betting that those linens get a lot more use than our household can ever put on them.

Edited by pgrahmm

I recently bought some pillows from Central Kad Suan Kaew, the 298 baht Lotus brand pillow (cheapest) in the vaccuum pack is better than the 700 baht pillow that was supposedly 'on sale' called Pluma soft exotica < keeps slipping out from under my head.<br /><br />Be careful dealing with the head salesgirl (chubby, bunch of pimples) in the pillow department, shes a hustler, told me pillow cases were 260 baht for a pair, upon paying ended up being 260 baht each ! Promptly returned them 5 minutes after paying.<br /><br />She got me last year too, but this year didn't let her get away with it again.