Girlfriend Want To Move In With Me - Comments?

cigar7

I know the true story behind four of the most vocal members on this thread and if you knew it too Londoedan, you wouldn't be having a go at me.....your jaw would hit the deck at their audacity at giving advice to anybody.

Hey, I'll have you know that all charges were dropped in my case laugh.png

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 and 22... now think ........

I think 5555555

There's one born every minute!

As a 58 yo man what do you think a 22 yo woman sees in you?

Do the decant think, pay for her tuition and all her expenses until she finishes uni and leaves you for a young Thai guy, same as the older Thai sponsors do with these young college girls. Rent her own place for her, don't give her access to your stuff. it's a fairly standard deal over here.

What I think she sees in me are the advantages of an older man:

1. Maturity and Wisdom

2. Stable

3. Responsible

4. Loyal

5. Open minded

6. More time together

7. Better sex

8. More appreciative

9. Better quality of life

Yes, I am willing to pay for her tuition.

11. Who are you trying to convince... cheesy.gif

A fabulous exhortation.......tell me the exhortation for jealousy now.......and follow it up with the exhortation for hypocrisy.

You'll find those two attributes running through this thread far more than arrogance.

My gawd.....we've even got guys boasting about being with dozens of Thai women setting themselves up as experts on relation advice.

The only thing they are expert on is relationship failure......or is that arrogant of me to say so?

Relatively speaking you're still a young guy on this forum.

What you can't quite grasp is the difference between a relationship of a 22 year old girl with a 58 year old man (36 year gap) and yours of a 29 year old girl with a 46 years old man (17 year gap). It's not only the gap difference, but the relative maturity of a near 30 year old woman with a near teenager of 22. 22 to 29 is a time of big changes in young girls.

The difference is night and day.

There's still a good chance that a 29 year old lady will find a 46 year old man physically attractive. There's no way that a 22 year old girl is shacking up with a 58 year old man for anything other than money. In this case she needs someone to support her through 3 or 4 years of university and she thinks she's found the right man for the job.

It's a no-brainer. The OP should stick with his contented twice a week buffet and stop dreaming.

Seriously, all your talk about envy and jealousy is quite ridiculous. People giving the good advice here understand what is going on. It would appear you've still got a lot to learn.

• Like 2

OP......this is an example of what I was saying about some people need to go to self awareness classes, I'm not trolling Tommo, I'm regurgitating what he has written about his relationship status this year........trust me, there are even worse examples on this thread, be careful who you ask advice from. coffee1.gif

This advice from a 'romance tourist' ........ 555

Edited by TommoPhysicist

What you can't quite grasp is the difference between a relationship of a 22 year old girl with a 58 year old man (36 year gap) and yours of a 29 year old girl with a 46 years old man (17 year gap). It's not only the gap difference, but the relative maturity of a near 30 year old woman with a near teenager of 22. 22 to 29 is a time of big changes in young girls.

OP and his 36 years

Me and mine 20 years

Blether and his 17 years

I'm thinking same game .......... whatever anyone claims

As long as you look at it as a business arrangement, you'll be fine. She provides you with what you need and you do the same for her. f and when it's over...well there's plenty of other fish in the sea for both you and her. Kiss on the cheek, a pat on the butt and ciao bella. If you get her a room, you'll have more freedom but so will she, the cost isn't that big of a deal but the message it sends is quite clear. Contrary to what some people think, thai women are not stupid and fay shrewd.

If she moves in with you, you'll be fine and you might get a better deal for a flat year round and then you can keep some stuff there and keep your valuables somewhere safe though it really shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, iI can't even count the number of time I was with a thai girl who had an older bf overseas and even talked on the phone reassuring him that she was alone in her room when in fact she was in my bed. I would never in a million year be naive enough expect that a young girl(thai or otherwise) would be sitting alone at home pining for my return.

• Like 1

I think many problems arise because they (Thais) think we (foreigners) are stupid.

From what I have seen, they in many cases might be right.

If I was a thai and watched how many farangs behave, it wouldn't be hard to leap to that conclusion.

The saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute" and I'd say many of them end up in Thailand:-)

Edited by pooperscooper
  • Like 1

A fabulous exhortation.......tell me the exhortation for jealousy now.......and follow it up with the exhortation for hypocrisy.

You'll find those two attributes running through this thread far more than arrogance.

My gawd.....we've even got guys boasting about being with dozens of Thai women setting themselves up as experts on relation advice.

The only thing they are expert on is relationship failure......or is that arrogant of me to say so?

There's still a good chance that a 29 year old lady will find a 46 year old man physically attractive. There's no way that a 22 year old girl is shacking up with a 58 year old man for anything other than money. In this case she needs someone to support her through 3 or 4 years of university and she thinks she's found the right man for the job.

It's a no-brainer. The OP should stick with his contented twice a week buffet and stop dreaming.

Seriously, all your talk about envy and jealousy is quite ridiculous. People giving the good advice here understand what is going on. It would appear you've still got a lot to learn.

Tropo, I never thought I would say this, but your post is bang on the button...

• Like 1

OP and his 36 years

Me and mine 20 years

Blether and his 17 years

I'm thinking same game .......... whatever anyone claims

Not even close. A 30 year old (29) and a mid 40 year old (46) compared to a virtual teenager with a guy nearly 60.

The age gap is only one consideration. The actual ages need to be taken into consideration too.

For example, in the OP's example the difference is 36 years.

Let's compare 2 examples to illustrate my point.

1. 22 - 59

2. 32 - 69

The age gap is the same in these 2 examples, but there's a world of difference.

Edited by tropo

smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This is Alice in Wonderland stuff.

jeez-O coffee1.gif

Right I'll be back in a few minutes with a rebuttal....and I promise to tell you the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth. thumbsup.gif

His post is but im staying out of these kinds of arguments, people are often to vain to see the truth. Anyway up to them.

58 and 22... now think ........

I think 5555555

There's one born every minute!

As a 58 yo man what do you think a 22 yo woman sees in you?

Do the decant think, pay for her tuition and all her expenses until she finishes uni and leaves you for a young Thai guy, same as the older Thai sponsors do with these young college girls. Rent her own place for her, don't give her access to your stuff. it's a fairly standard deal over here.

What I think she sees in me are the advantages of an older man:

1. Maturity and Wisdom

2. Stable

3. Responsible

4. Loyal

5. Open minded

6. More time together

7. Better sex

8. More appreciative

9. Better quality of life

Yes, I am willing to pay for her tuition.

#1, obviously not true

#7, LOL

As long as you look at it as a business arrangement, you'll be fine. She provides you with what you need and you do the same for her. f and when it's over...

It'll be over once she graduates. What's to be gained from supporting a girl through university? How would the OP feel when he's grown emotionally attached through these years only to be kicked to the curb at age 62 when he's no longer required. He could end up as one of the jumpers.

As long as you look at it as a business arrangement, you'll be fine. She provides you with what you need and you do the same for her. f and when it's over...

It'll be over once she graduates. What's to be gained from supporting a girl through university? How would the OP feel when he's grown emotionally attached through these years only to be kicked to the curb at age 62 when he's no longer required. He could end up as one of the jumpers.

Nah, you just move a new one in.

• Like 2

jeez-O coffee1.gif

Right I'll be back in a few minutes with a rebuttal....and I promise to tell you the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth. thumbsup.gif

Yep. Looking forward to more insults.biggrin.png

Not the OP. It's pretty obvious that he's the romantic type from what he's seeking in a relationship.

Not all men have hearts of stone.

Either way, you don't want to be wasting 4 or so years at age 60... especially when a little bit of rational thought will tell you it's going to end anyway.

If he's happy with the arrangement and she's happy and both are getting what they need and eyes are open then there's no issue. In any case, the OP is obviously old enough to make his own decision. Maybe he'll decide a bit of heartache and or money is worth it for a young piece of tail. To each his own... I wouldn't drop a bunch of money for fancy wine but others think it's well worth it. Others fall in love with their cars or their boats...

Maybe when I'm an old bastard, I'll want a 22 year old nurse to wipe my ass and clean the diapers and I'll probably gladly pay the money required and call it love...

Romance!!! That's a funny one... Guess some of the old guys are trying to recapture their teenage years!

Edited by pooperscooper

jeez-O coffee1.gif

Yep. Looking forward to more insults.biggrin.png

I've had a think about it and if I posted what I wanted to post I would get banned.......I'm not giving you that pleasure. coffee1.gif

Naturally you are qualified to comment as you have had multiple, ( dozens, hundreds? ) of relationship failures. coffee1.gif

I would rather take advice from Tommo ( and he'll tell you that's some admission ) as in his own unique way, he's the only guy in Thailand that found his one true love and has been happily married ever since.

Not the OP. It's pretty obvious that he's the romantic type from what he's seeking in a relationship.

Not all men have hearts of stone.

Either way, you don't want to be wasting 4 or so years at age 60... especially when a little bit of rational thought will tell you it's going to end anyway.

I don't get that from the OP......the OP is not a Patts greenhorn.....he's been round the block already. We've already agreed that there is a risk of emotional entanglement, the only way to avoid that risk is to not go with a woman again.....we all know how quickly a woman can get under your skin.

I would rather take advice from Tommo ( and he'll tell you that's some admission ) as in his own unique way, he's the only guy in Thailand that found his one true love and has been happily married ever since.

Hang on a moment, that's going a bit far, I would more describe it as "Survived the madness of Thai married life, so far"

• Like 1